Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mysterious Tower

Whisper292
Whisper292
✭✭✭
Has anybody seen the mysterious tower off the coast? It's just off the eastern coast of Glenumbra and the southern coast of Stormhaven. The island is on the map, and it looks swimmable, but when I try to swim out to it, I get eaten by slaughterfish. Anybody have an idea what it could be?

---
Love all, trust few, do wrong to no one. - William Shakespeare
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    I saw that too! I'm pretty sure it's the Adamantine tower.
  • Whisper292
    Whisper292
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the weird part. I just found it in Coldharbour! Apparently it's the Lightless Oubliette. Why we can see it from Glenumbra is still a mystery, though.
    ---
  • Yann
    Yann
    ✭✭✭
    That's the Adamantine Tower, a rather important part of TES lore. That's the place where, supposedy, the gods reunited after the creation of Nirn, and where Lorkhan lost his heart.

Which makes it the oldest estructure in all of Nirn. I'd really hoped we could see it up close in TESO, but nope.

Edited by Yann on June 18, 2014 3:05PM
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yann wrote: »
    That's the Adamantine Tower, a rather important part of TES lore. That's the place where, supposedy, the gods reunited after the creation of Nirn, and where Lorkhan lost his heart.

Which make's it the oldest estructure in all of Nirn. I'd really hoped we could see it up close in TESO, but nope.

I'm sure you will someday MMOs change
  • Whisper292
    Whisper292
    ✭✭✭
    Laura wrote: »

I'm sure you will someday MMOs change[/quote]

Yeah, hopefully they'll do something with in future content. Thanks for the answer, by the way! It was driving me nuts.
    ---
  • Carnagan
    Carnagan
    ✭✭✭
    The tower is occupied by the Direnni, so there would be stuff to do there, and there are supposedly catacombs beneath it that the Direnni didn't build.

So I have to agree with Laura. I imagine we'll see the tower in a content patch at some time in the future. At the very least it was a great touch for them to include it.
    "You dream of the Moon and a man who is less than a man."
    Proud explorer of Tamriel since 1996
  • Yann
    Yann
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've seen other inaccesible places as well. They'll probably be adding new quests to old zones in the future.