Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best Snipe Morph for PvP?

dr_zed
dr_zed
✭✭✭
What do you guys think? What is the best Snipe morph for PvP? I'm a stamina based Nightblade that uses weapon skills to deal damage.

Focused Aim is tempting.. That 13 extra damage you get when you have the skill at level 4... speacially because of the bow's low base damage.

However Lethal Arrow reducing healing by 50% seems great on PvP as well.

What would you choose and why?
  • Jeremy_gelber_ESO
    Jeremy_gelber_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    snipe is very clumsy in pvp. other than solo ganking or the occasional wall shot. people often are too far or too close for it actually to work.
    Options
  • dr_zed
    dr_zed
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that's preciselly for what I use it. Wall shooting and solo ganking.
    Options
  • Jeremy_gelber_ESO
    Jeremy_gelber_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    i went with focused aim.. for the damage boost and the slight range gain on marked targets for the follow up shot.
    Options
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to use lethal, 50% debuff to healing is huge. Too many times i have had a templar/DK get sniped, fall off horse, get dropped to like 30-40% health and then just pop 2 heals and they are back to 90% and your screwed coz you have no element of surprise anymore coz your squishy. You can just move forward while using snipe so that extra range is kinda pointless.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
    Options
  • Aoifesan
    Aoifesan
    ✭✭✭
    aco5712 wrote: »
    I like to use lethal, 50% debuff to healing is huge. Too many times i have had a templar/DK get sniped, fall off horse, get dropped to like 30-40% health and then just pop 2 heals and they are back to 90% and your screwed coz you have no element of surprise anymore coz your squishy. You can just move forward while using snipe so that extra range is kinda pointless.

Yeah cause that 20-40m range restriction is so forgiving. It needs 20m more range and no minimum. It takes 3 seconds to charge that's more than enough penalty.
    Options
  • ElSlayer
    ElSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    In theory:
    "max range bonus" = [Focused Aim] buff + [Reach] passive + [Eagle Eye] set bonus = 5 + 5 + 4 = 14m

"basic ability range" = 28m
    "basic ability range" + "max range bonus" = 42m
    [Focused Aim] range = 40m
    [Focused Aim] range + "max range bonus" = 54m (!!!!!)

On practice:
    Lethal Arrow -50% healing recived debuff is way better.
    @d0e1ow: There is no singular thing within a game's little ecosystem that will convince you that you hate the game, hate your life, and hate everyone around you faster than the game's official forums will.

@TaffyIX: Life is too short to get upset by a video game.
    Options
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, Lethal arrow works better in reality, you don't want the bloke you've just knocked off his horse to get back up, grab some heals and then "tear you a new one" as they say in the classics.

Lethal is funny as it seems to induce panic in the enemy that can't heal himself, and a panicky target with fingers mashing all sorts of buttons on the keyboard, in my experience soon becomes a dead one!
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

Options