Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Copperfield signs a 6 month contract with Elder Scrolls Online! For those who missed the telecast..

Copperfield
Copperfield
✭✭✭
CLEVELAND--The answer is Elder Scrolls Online, but you probably heard that already.

In a televised spectacle Monday night that was equal parts hype and hagiography, Kevin Jurgens, the 34-year-old MMO Legend better known as Sir Copperfield, whose contract with Star Wars: The Old Republic expired last Thursday, announced that he had decided to join another MMO full time. Elder Scrolls Online.

"Elder Scrolls online is where I belong," Mr. Jugrens told Olivia Munn, a former G4 TV personality, during a live broadcast from the Lakeview, Ohio Gamestop . "That was the conclusion I woke up with this morning."

By choosing Elder Scrolls online, Mr. Jurgens has rejected overtures from five other MMO's that had recently come to Cleveland to pitch themselves. High level executives from World of Warcraft, Wildstar, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Lord of the Rings Online and Guild Wars 2 all flew to Cleveland to try and lure Jugrens to their game. "This is a business and I had three great years with Star Wars: The Old Republic and hopefully the fans will understand, but maybe they won't," Mr. Jurgens said during Gamestop's broadcast.

Midafternoon Monday, 14 satellite trucks had parked in a community lot near the Lakeview Gamestop, which is roughly 30 miles from Cleveland. By early evening, the crowd across the street swelled to more than 2,000. Mr. Jurgens management company, Game Hard or Go Home, paid 19 Lakeview police officers $60 an hour apiece to provide security. No one was allowed near the store, or even on the sidewalk. An ice-cream truck drove by and threw ice-cream bars into the crowd while canvassers passed out "Sir Copperfield, Hometown Hero" stickers.

By choosing Elder Scrolls online, Mr. Jurgens—a two-time MMO Gamer of The Year, joins a very passionate and proud player base. Mr. Jurgens said he flip-flopped on the decision throughout the process. "It went day-to-day," he told Miss Munn in the interview. "Wake up one morning, it's this game. Wake up another morning, it's this game."

Mr. Jurgens said he didn't make his mind up until Sunday night, after he had a conversation with his mother. "And once I had that conversation," he said, "I felt like I was all set. I was having fun playing Elder Scrolls for the first few months of launch, and I decided to make a long term commitment".

The Associated Press also contributed to this report.
  • masterthehero
    masterthehero
    Soul Shriven
    Not sure if serious...
    Sci-Fi superheroine book author:
    http://www.thesilverninja.com
  • Zepheric
    Zepheric
    ✭✭✭
    Sigh
    Sanguine's Tester
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • OldSmeller
    OldSmeller
    ✭✭✭
    Is this an onion news article?
  • magickats242cub18_ESO
    Who's this guy again?
  • Electus
    Electus
    ✭✭✭
    :)
    Edited by Electus on June 17, 2014 8:42PM
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HAHAHA oh good lord!
    Texashighelf - VR16 Sorcerer EP NA - FILTHY BARBARIAN
    Texasimperial - VR16 Dragonknight EP NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas'Imperial - VR16 Dragonknight DC NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas-Imperial - VR16 Templar DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Highelf - VR16 Sorcerer DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Imperial - VR16 Nightblade DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    It's a very grey area.
  • Hadria
    Hadria
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really hate you! wish they'd ban your ass
  • Belitseri
    Belitseri
    ✭✭✭
    I guess everyone missed my press conference when I decided to play ESO? Dang.
  • OldSmeller
    OldSmeller
    ✭✭✭
    Hadria wrote: »
    I really hate you! wish they'd ban your ass

Worst case scenario ZoS is fooled by this, then it opens to door for everybody to make the same formulaic thread. Which I am fine with, because it only further draws attention to this guy.

• Hadria
    Hadria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Belitseri wrote: »
    I guess everyone missed my press conference when I decided to play ESO? Dang.

I heard about it but decided not to attend, you had no pie!
  • Ragekniv
    Ragekniv
    ✭✭✭
    Seek medication and counseling!
  • Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who's this guy again?

He's from the SWTOR forums. He wrote stuff like this all the time.

Please, go back to SWTOR forums, leave us alone. Thanks.
  • Moiskormoimi
    Moiskormoimi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I lol'd. Would lol again.
  • Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This kind of stuff does NOT belong in the games general discussion, so stop spamming the forums with your off topic nonsense

Next time, post in the roleplaying section

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/categories/EN-fanfiction-roleplaying
    Edited by Valn on June 17, 2014 8:54PM
  • jambam817_ESO
    jambam817_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Can we ignore forum posters? Wouldn't that be amazing :)
  • Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we ignore forum posters? Wouldn't that be amazing :)

It would. Just flag and move along.
  • Electus
    Electus
    ✭✭✭
    My goodness, its just a funny little post.

I laughed.

If you don't think this guy is funny then ok move on.

God forbid something entertaining and cheerful ever enter these forums...
  • magickats242cub18_ESO
    Valn wrote: »
    Who's this guy again?

He's from the SWTOR forums. He wrote stuff like this all the time.

Please, go back to SWTOR forums, leave us alone. Thanks.

Oh, isn't this the guy who's wife left him for a Khajit and bucket of fried chicken? I vaguely remember this...

• WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Electus wrote: »

I laughed.

Agree.....too many people on this board just want to be angry.
  • Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I laughed.

That's the thing, it's not even funny. The only people who would find it mildly amusing are 9 year olds new to the internet.

Plus it in the wrong section anyway, it should be in the roleplaying section, because his post has nothing to contribute towards the discussion of the game.
  • Buck
    Buck
    ✭✭✭

The part about talking to his mom was funny lol but I'm still moving on. :)
  • rainith2000nub18_ESO
    Hmmm, learn something new everyday. I had no idea what hagiography meant until now. That's the only useful thing I got from this.
  • Copperfield
    Copperfield
    ✭✭✭

I laughed.

That's the thing, it's not even funny. The only people who would find it mildly amusing are 9 year olds new to the internet.

Plus it in the wrong section anyway, it should be in the roleplaying section, because his post has nothing to contribute towards the discussion of the game.

Jealous much?

So you signed up for your subscription with no fanfare. You're not an MMO Legend. I am. Deal with it.
  • Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I laughed.

Jealous much?

So you signed up for your subscription with no fanfare. You're not an MMO Legend. I am. Deal with it.

Go back to swtor please. No doubt you probably got banned on there
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woot! We got him! All that hard work from the committee paid off!

Take that Vanguard!!!
    This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

Please print this email and keep it for your records.
  • magickats242cub18_ESO
    I still think his x-wife got the better deal.
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who gave him this "prestigious" title? and what are the requirements?

*AOE's level 1 mudcrabs*
    Edited by Dekkameron on June 17, 2014 9:27PM
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure if serious...

Not serious, he made exactly the same claim about Swtor.
    It's just another recycled copperfield post, he can't even come up with something new.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • phtony06b14_ESO
    phtony06b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was funny...