Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar class imbalance

TheGrimaceOR
TheGrimaceOR
✭✭
Why is templar the only class with no class ability to restore magika? This is a huge imbalance considering every class besides templar has magika restoring abilities or passives.

It astounds me that no strategy is in the works to rectify this problem. Instead in 1.2 we get a heal put onto Piercing Strikes. Great job ZoS. Yes this is where the class was lacking and needed help; in heals.
  • sCouraGeFire
    I will not complain about puncturing sweep heal. It will help us melee templars survivability significantly. A damage ability that also heals is a viable alternative to jabs morph, it will be great for tanking and soloing. That being said we could use a legit mana recovery passive.
    Options
  • Therium104
    Therium104
    ✭✭✭
    Why is templar the only class with no class ability to restore magika? This is a huge imbalance considering every class besides templar has magika restoring abilities or passives.

It astounds me that no strategy is in the works to rectify this problem. Instead in 1.2 we get a heal put onto Piercing Strikes. Great job ZoS. Yes this is where the class was lacking and needed help; in heals.

Is there anything you all will not complain about.
    Options
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We had a nice passive. However, there were few cry babies in the forums that they QQ was too OP, and they DK/SC sucks against a Templar. So ZoS removed the passive the week before release.

Same cry babies who are QQ for bolt nerf, DK banner, dark talons nerf.

Who basically cannot kill a player with some brains at Cyrodiil, and they come here asking to nerf this and nerf that.

Hell I know there was a post few weeks ago to nerf Binding Javelin. And I bet was the same VR10 DK I blasted to pieces at Cyrodiil with my VR3 Templar.

Options
  • NerfEverything
    NerfEverything
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars have been broken since beta. They are completely useless in endgame because no resource management.
    Options
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have one way to get magicka back...channeled focus. Not sure about other templars but I rarely run out of magicka in pve or pvp, only time I run out in pvp is when i'm trying to 1v3 a dk, sorc and a nightblade lol. There ARE ways to sustain mp as a templar with certain skill and armor combinations.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
    Options
  • Teelo
    Teelo
    Last time I tried Channeled focus, the magicka gain barely restore the cost of the spell if I was standing in the zone for the full duration. Did they change something ? So if you need an armor buff or spell resistance buff and don't need to move it was an ok morph, but as a regen magicka it was crap.
    Options
  • Ralph_Damiani
    Ralph_Damiani
    ✭✭
    No, they didn't, Channeled Focus still returns a minimal amount of mana.
    Templars underperfom in PvP and have more difficulty than other classes in veteran content.

Templars are not impossible to play or "broken", but playing a templar, unless you're a dedicated healer, is simply not fun after level 50. Veteran mob groups require LOTS of coordination, because we lack CC abilities and good AoE's. In PvP, you're encouraged to never leave the zerg, because while you can take a punch, you, more often than not, will never be able to inflict enough damage before your resources are depleted. We have no means to escape or hide.

Everything would be fine is ZOS stated: But you're supposed to be healers! But that's not what we've been sold. We should be equally effective as DPS paladins and comparable to DKs in tanking, should we spec to be either.

The freedom of the skill system is excellent in theory, but has proven to be a nightmare to balance it out.
    Edited by Ralph_Damiani on June 13, 2014 4:14PM
    Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, they didn't, Channeled Focus still returns a minimal amount of mana.
    Templars underperfom in PvP and have more difficulty than other classes in veteran content.

Templars are not impossible to play or "broken", but playing a templar, unless you're a dedicated healer, is simply not fun after level 50. Veteran mob groups require LOTS of coordination, because we lack CC abilities and good AoE's. In PvP, you're encouraged to never leave the zerg, because while you can take a punch, you, more often than not, will never be able to inflict enough damage before your resources are depleted. We have no means to escape or hide.

Everything would be fine is ZOS stated: But you're supposed to be healers!

But that's not what we've been sold. We should be equally effective as DPS paladins and comparable to DKs in tanking, should we spec to be either.
    The freedom of the skill system is excellent in theory, but has proven to be a nightmare to balance it out.

even if they do so they need to fix our skills to fullfill that role and be atleast slightly ahead in this regard, wich we are simply not, to compensate for our lackluster dps and mediocre tankability.
    Edited by Tankqull on June 13, 2014 4:55PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teelo wrote: »
    Last time I tried Channeled focus, the magicka gain barely restore the cost of the spell if I was standing in the zone for the full duration. Did they change something ? So if you need an armor buff or spell resistance buff and don't need to move it was an ok morph, but as a regen magicka it was crap.

Channel focus at full rank gives 360 magicka over 18 seconds. 20 a second
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and cost ~200 => so its lets say 180 in 18 sec
    dark exchange gives 2300 in 3 sec ...........
    Edited by Tankqull on June 13, 2014 5:03PM

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Channeled focus only cost that much if you're not wearing any light armor and have 0 mana reduction. Otherise if you're smart, and you use channeled focus in conjunction with a mana pot or some other mana restoration skill, A Templar can maintain mana pretty easy. Not to mention the 30% heal power you gain while standing in the channeled focus rune, it's a good skill, just too many people downplay it because it's not a instant full mp skill.
    Edited by Akinos on June 13, 2014 9:03PM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
    Options
  • sCouraGeFire

Channeled focus only cost that much if you're not wearing any light armor and have 0 mana reduction. Otherise if you're smart, and you use channeled focus in conjunction with a mana pot or some other mana restoration skill, A Templar can maintain mana pretty easy. Not to mention the 30% heal power you gain while standing in the channeled focus rune, it's a good skill, just too many people downplay it because it's not a instant full mp skill.

So I have to wear light armor to make the crappy mana return skill effective, the skill that requires me to stand in it to get the crappy effect and I shoudl be chugging mana pots while doing so?

Please tell me how this isn't complete garbage?

Options
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So I have to wear light armor to make the crappy mana return skill effective, the skill that requires me to stand in it to get the crappy effect and I shoudl be chugging mana pots while doing so?

No, you don't have to wear full light, you could also wear mana reduction rings, or some seducer or something, being a breton helps. I really shouldn't even have to explain this, people should learn to think outside the box and not go by what others who have no clue say. It's not a "crappy skill". You don't have to be in the rune to get the mp regen effect either. And if you aren't using mana pots in PvP...well then you're doing it wrong. Harness magicka works also to help keep mp up. Keep in mind I'm referring to PvP. But the setup also applies in PvE.

Edited by Akinos on June 14, 2014 1:20AM
    Options
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its funny that all the solutions to fix Templar magicka management involve armor sets and drinking potions.
    Edited by Xexpo on June 14, 2014 2:13AM
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
    Options
  • TheGrimaceOR
    TheGrimaceOR
    ✭✭
    kaer426 wrote: »
    Its funny that all the solutions to fix Templar magicka management involve armor sets and drinking potions.

Exactly, meanwhile every other class in the game has a specific class skill to pop that almost fully restores there magika bar within 3 seconds. At the very least they should change the morph on repentance to restore magika from corpses too.
    Options
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we only need restoring spirit back, thats why we cant DPS, heal and survive in large PvP with a melee build.
    Edited by tplink3r1 on June 14, 2014 5:05AM
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
    Options
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Templars are a joke if you dont want to be a healer and even then you better be ready put more effort than others into this.

Wish this was on the box , would have rolled another class instead of this...
    Edited by Nox_Aeterna on June 14, 2014 5:07AM
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, you don't have to wear full light, you could also wear mana reduction rings, or some seducer or something, being a breton helps. I really shouldn't even have to explain this, people should learn to think outside the box and not go by what others who have no clue say. It's not a "crappy skill". You don't have to be in the rune to get the mp regen effect either. And if you aren't using mana pots in PvP...well then you're doing it wrong. Harness magicka works also to help keep mp up. Keep in mind I'm referring to PvP. But the setup also applies in PvE.

This skill would be very good if they added a bonus to magicka regen if you did stay in the circle.

Like 300% would be good.

The tooltip is screwy also which doen't help this skills reputation. Mine says 5 magicka per .5 seconds at max rank or 10 per second, which translates to 180 for the duration, and costs me 110 ish to cast. So on first glance someone reading it would think " 70 net magicka over 18 seconds? WTF!"

According to CLS is does seem to double tick per second so it is better than the tooltip states, but I think you should get a large bonus for actually staying in the circle.
    Options
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah every class has its own unique skills.... rune focus does more than just grant magicka and doesnt channel either. Also, my rune focus costs 165.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah every class has its own unique skills.... rune focus does more than just grant magicka and doesnt channel either. Also, my rune focus costs 165.
    well im not denying that it is a great tool for templar-tanks having an armorbuff that sustains itself, but calling it a magicamangement tool is plain stupid.

Options
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol? what class doesn't use armor sets and potions to help sustain mana?
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol? what class doesn't use armor sets and potions to help sustain mana?

Think he's alluding more to the fact that other classes have armor sets and potions, but they also have better abilities or passives available to themselves for regenerating resources.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options
  • Therium104
    Therium104
    ✭✭✭

The mantra "play how you want" does not include play like an idiot and complain when your jacked up garbage does not work.

Yes, you need to run out of red stuff. Yes, certain abilities and combos work better than others in various situations. Yes, you cannot beat your head against the computer and win.

You have the tools. Use them. If you choose to be "special" then don't whine about it.
    Edited by Therium104 on June 17, 2014 7:08PM
    Options