The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Where to get food mats?

jquestb16_ESO2
Okay so I am Vet 3 and in EP zones I'm trying to make more food but all I seem to get is low level starter junk. I thought the vet zones would drop..well stuff my level. When or where can I get food mats that are worth while?
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apparently, from another thread anyway, you have to buy Vet level food mats from vendors.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • Alephen
    Alephen
    ✭✭✭
    i depends on the mat. there have been threads that some vet zones are dropping the lowlevel food as if not leveled with the zone. but some areas do seem to drop vet food, so hard to say. oats and tomatos seem to be hireling only. some items are from vendors, for example imperial foodstuffs.
    Options
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    By all accounts, this is a known issue. When in a low level starter area which is now your vet area, the food drops are predominantly the low level of that area. Hopefully this will get some love in an update in the near future.

It's hugely annoying that I keep looting tier 1 crap I have no use for. It fills up my bags rapidly, leaving no space for valuable drops when I get them. However I can't stop looting stuff on the off chance I might miss a rare recipe or motif! Catch 22.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
    Options
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, regardless of level (V10 in V10 area and still get low-level mats from crates) ... you can get Vet provisioning items for about 60-70 gold apiece at a grocer in the major city of each region.

However, items like honeycomb are still low-level, so you have to visit the zones they're predominately found in to get them; they're not available on vendors.
    Options
  • Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a statement that they know there is a problem with low level mats dropping in vet zones. But that was a while ago and its still not fixed.

edit: Im pretty sure the vendor only sells 1 of 3 mats needed for any particular food.
    Edited by Svann on June 17, 2014 2:51PM
    Options
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im pretty sure the vendor only sells 1 of 3 mats needed for any particular food.
    Only the high-end, non-droppable ones.

I usually use Enriched Honey Brittle; honeycomb, pinguis and salt. Of the three, only pinguis can't be found in the world. Salt and honeycomb, OTOH, I swim in; they're easy to find, salt especially.
    Options
  • Adramelach
    Adramelach
    ✭✭✭
    I recommend the "Loot Filter Remix" addon. Using it, I carefully created a filter on food ingredients so that only the select few I want for the recipes that matter, at my own level, are kept, and everything else that I sweep up is auto-junked. That keeps my inventory very clean, and I can with one click jettison all the low-level stuff and ingredients (and other things, like lures) that I'm not interested in, and I can ransack with abandon and not worry about filling my inventory with useless crap that I have to manually wade through later.
    Options
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adramelach wrote: »
    I recommend the "Loot Filter Remix" addon. Using it, I carefully created a filter on food ingredients so that only the select few I want for the recipes that matter, at my own level, are kept, and everything else that I sweep up is auto-junked. That keeps my inventory very clean, and I can with one click jettison all the low-level stuff and ingredients (and other things, like lures) that I'm not interested in, and I can ransack with abandon and not worry about filling my inventory with useless crap that I have to manually wade through later.

I did this too, but I just wrote a simple addon that destroyed anything I'm not using in an epic recipe right away.
    Options
  • jquestb16_ESO2
    Thanks this is good to know, appreciate it :)
    Options