The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rare Spawn Timers

krees28b14_ESO
krees28b14_ESO
✭✭✭
Some dungeons, such as Lost City or Sanguine's Demense, there are a couple named mobs needed for the achievement. Does anyone know the spawn timers for some of these rare mobs or can link a website telling me. Drel, in Sanguine's Demense seems to have a really long spawn timer and I would like to know what it is. This is mostly for veteran content but even regular lvl 1-50 would suffice.
  • kirbus
    kirbus
    ✭✭
    funny i was just thinking about asking this. your talking public dungeons. whenI started in early access crows woods was broken, and unenterable, so i just skipped it. well i decided to go back and run through it quickly as a vr6, got to one boss location just as he died and i ended up sitting there for nearly half an hour before i gave up on him spawning.
    You can have it. I don't even like sweetrolls. <Crying on Inside>
    ...Yes, someone did steal my sweetroll.
  • krees28b14_ESO
    krees28b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I waited for Drel in Sanguine's Demense for almost 2 hours without a spawn but I did see a video where a guy did kill him while running through with a group. I would like to know if these guys are broken or what their spawn times are because this is insane.
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most have 10-15minute timers. Some have 1 hour spawn times - usually only 1 per dungeon tho, most are fast.

The others seem to use the really oldschool EQ mechanic:
    Random chance on spawn upon killing related trigger mob..

So your only chance to spawn them is running around killing everything in the dungeon, then checking back.

Sucks but yea, you can wait 10 hours and if no one else is around killing stuff, they will never spawn.

this is especially true in Cyrodil. Go in a dead campaign with no one, and even then, with no one entering a pd for hours, you may only find 1 of the 3 bosses required. Some even share the same spawn points, which randomly spawns 1 of 2 or 3.
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Foul Wing in Bloodmayne Cave in Cyrodiil is one of those bosses with an absurd respawn timer. I entered the cave last night - which is filled with trolls - and I cleared the troll boss twice but Foul Wing never spawned. I must have spent 30 minutes looking for him (with no one else ever entering the cave) before I looked up where he spawns. I then waited almost two hours near his spawn point and he still never spawned. It did not matter if I killed the surrounding mobs or not. I gave up and I re-entered the cave this morning before the servers were taken offline. Still no Foul Wing.

I would not be surprised if the timer problem is fixed with this update; but I dread returning to this cave as all the trolls will now be elite VR5 mobs and they were already pretty tough as elite level 50 mobs.
    Edited by LonePirate on May 22, 2014 1:10PM
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Foul Wing in Bloodmayne Cave in Cyrodiil is one of those bosses with an absurd respawn timer. I entered the cave last night - which is filled with trolls - and I cleared the troll boss twice but Foul Wing never spawned. I must have spent 30 minutes looking for him (with no one else ever entering the cave) before I looked up where he spawns. I then waited almost two hours near his spawn point and he still never spawned. It did not matter if I killed the surrounding mobs or not. I gave up and I re-entered the cave this morning before the servers were taken offline. Still no Foul Wing.

I would not be surprised if the timer problem is fixed with this update; but I dread returning to this cave as all the trolls will now be elite VR5 mobs and they were already pretty tough as elite level 50 mobs.

May wanna read my post.

Foul Wing is one of the on-kill random spawns. He doesn't have a long respawn timer at all. You just got unlucky on the kils or never killed enough,

For me to clear another dungeon, with 3 random bosses. Me and a friend had to kill all the enemies in the dungeon roughly 20 times. (And it had around 40 mobs, so 800+ kills)

So yea highly you doubt you killed 800 fairly tough trolls solo.

Recommend you take a group next time, should get him spawned much faster.

and yea they will be vr5 now, but thats the reason I actually purposely waited. I like a challenge (and very slightly better loot to vendor). Given we will be VR12 by the time we are bored enough of craglorn, and probably have nicer loot.. Well shouldn't be too tough with a 3-4 man group id wager.
    Edited by Axer on May 22, 2014 4:07PM
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • Innamoramento
    Innamoramento
    Soul Shriven

Bloodmayne Cave has spriggans and spiders; I’m in there right now and having trouble getting the achievement. I killed the elite spider and elite spriggan, but it won’t say dungeon is completed.
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not just foul wing, ACANTHIA, CHOSEN OF NIRN also is like this. I kinda like it I wish more bosses where on "random" spawn timers, this game is way to static as is, they should take a note from the EQN team about the way they are having totally random and patrolling mob squads.

How I finally got Acanthia though is clearing the whole room and up the hallway then just camping, she spawned about 10 min later, not sure if that is consistent though.
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you guys mean Rock Wing and yeah, that one was ridiculous. I finally got him today after weeks of trying. I killed all the bats in there after killing the troll boss and he just randomly appeared.

Now I have on boss left for my title, 'Ironlash' in Bloodmayne Cave. I am not sure this NPC exists, although I have seen one person with the Exlporer title. I worked from home today, so I just put myself in that dungeon and kept the game running on my other monitor, so I've been in this dungeon for about 6 hours give or take (just checking every once in a while to avoid getting dc'ed). Only two other players have come in and they didn't kill him either. I've cleared this dungeon more times than I count as well. Oh and in those 6 hours, Acanthia spriggan boss has yet to spawn either.
    Edited by Worstluck on June 10, 2014 12:44AM
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well after 6.5 hours, Acanthia decided to spawn. And then...FINALLY, Ironlash spawned. They seem to be on a 4-6 hour (maybe longer) spawn timer.
    Edited by Worstluck on June 10, 2014 1:49AM
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant