The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Too many creatures in the Landscape??

mar1ano1987nrb18_ESO
Well first of all ..this is not a crying its a suggestion for future implements. I actually loved the game, the history and the landscape, I think you made an excelent work ...but.
Why the landscape is so full of creatures and wild animals? I know that this is a common thing in MMOs , but i coulnt stop noticing that some parts of the landscape are being overrun with enemys.
The rift for example (this is where I hit rank 10 ), there is a Sabretooth cat every 2 meters!, you cant explore the map without pulling one of them.
I can undestand that places like Coldharbour are being overrun by Daedra , but what about the common places of Tamriel.
I love to explore map and doing sight seing, but its very annoying when you have to kill 200 enemys in order to do it.

This is my opinion, what do you people think about this ?

Stukha - Dragon Knight - Ebonheart Pact
Bazhinga - Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
/
  • Greevir
    Greevir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly? I don't think there are enough.... Roads and paths I think should be fairly clear of wildlife but have the occasional humanoid mob, and the wilderness should be teeming with wildlife, both hostile and passive.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well first of all ..this is not a crying its a suggestion for future implements. I actually loved the game, the history and the landscape, I think you made an excelent work ...but.
    Why the landscape is so full of creatures and wild animals? I know that this is a common thing in MMOs , but i coulnt stop noticing that some parts of the landscape are being overrun with enemys.
    The rift for example (this is where I hit rank 10 ), there is a Sabretooth cat every 2 meters!, you cant explore the map without pulling one of them.
    I can undestand that places like Coldharbour are being overrun by Daedra , but what about the common places of Tamriel.
    I love to explore map and doing sight seing, but its very annoying when you have to kill 200 enemys in order to do it.

This is my opinion, what do you people think about this ?

I would agree with you in one sense.

I enjoy how the landscape on this game is so full of fighting and can be deadly if you don't pay attention. It makes exploration feel more like an actual part of the gameplay instead of just mindlessly running around without any care. So I like that.

But once you pass the enemy's level to the point they no longer offer any challenge they can turn into more of a nuisance. So I would prefer monsters to stop attacking you once you out-level them by a certain threshold. This is especially true since they stop dropping loot as well.
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spawn times just need to be adjust based on how busy the area is...sometimes I take so long to take stuff down that stuff I just kill repops. Hate that.

Seems cluttered, until you're looking for a specific mob, and 3 or 4 others are looking for the mob, and you can't find one. rarely happens though.

in the end, I'd say it's ok
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what do you people think
    It's a MMO.
    There needs to be enough for everybody.
    You're not alone in the game.
    Other players want to be able to get resources as well.
    ;-)
  • Sleepwalker
    Sleepwalker
    ✭✭✭
    My only complaint about the wildlife is this... Why on earth do the deer, rabbits, and spiders not run away when I come stomping through the woods? It's like they haven't learned that the two-legged things wearing metal and wood are not to be trusted... Are they suicidal? Is critter living such a soul-less existence in this ESO universe that they wander around under our feet hoping to be stomped on? Oh, the horror...
    "QUIT CRYIN'! Do some pushups or something!"

Grayfield - V2 Breton Nightblade
    Windspike - 40 Bosmer Sorceror
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've never played WoW, have you? Now I'm not up to the Rift, but every zone I've seen so far, no, if you're overland and not near an area objective you haven't done yet, hardly anything bothers you. A wasp here, maybe a bear I stumbled upon who was sleeping behind a rock. Beachcombing has been one of my more favourite activities, not much on beaches, for the most part (though I did run into some elite Clannfear that I had to run away from.)

Respawn times tend to be pretty fast, though, sometimes too fast.

At least I'm not looking over a plain field with a million robot patrols going back and forth (well, besides the player-side bots, that is) and preventing you from going around the lot. And sneaking works well here, and is available to all.

If you think ESO is littered all over with enemies .. you would absolutely detest WoW, especially since lvl 100s won't be able to hop to the flight trainer any more. (I wonder how many non-forum readers know about that yet?)

Edited by isengrimb16_ESO on May 21, 2014 6:03PM
  • mar1ano1987nrb18_ESO
    hahah, yea I have to admit that i didnt played WoW, I only played Ultima online, Lotro ..and ESO . Thats it.
    I do undestand that this is a common thing in MMOs, since they are focused in large scale population so there must be monsters to everyone. Maybe this is not a big deal in the lower level maps. But when you reach veteran zone (or you play in a different time zone ) you will noticed that there much more monsters.

As for the challenge ....I dont mind fighting very hard enemies guarding a key passage trought the landscape , actually its very fun . (like fighing giants or trolls ) but fighting 3 sench tigers-sabretooths-bears (depends on the alliance) every 3 meters looks bad in the landscape. But again that is my opinion.

Look on cyrodiil for example, there is a lot of agressive npcs out there, but they are not overruning the entire map ...they have camps,caves, forts ,etc. You can avoid those camps, or go inside and fight them.

Stukha - Dragon Knight - Ebonheart Pact
    Bazhinga - Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    /
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly? I don't think there are enough.... Roads and paths I think should be fairly clear of wildlife but have the occasional humanoid mob, and the wilderness should be teeming with wildlife, both hostile and passive.

Agree.
    Apart from pre-existing routes (roads/paths/etc) I'd love to see more wildlife around Tamriel. Not all mobs either, more of the generic harmless stuff.
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • Westcoast14_ESO
    Westcoast14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

The mob density in ESO is fairly low by MMO standards and the zone design is moderately open. Even for overland quests it is very rare to have to engage mobs during the travel for those quests.
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hahah, yea I have to admit that i didnt played WoW, I only played Ultima online, Lotro ..and ESO . Thats it.

Fair enough, I never played Ultima or LoTR. But I did play about 5 years of WoW. Honestly, the only time they've ever need a high mob density is for the first week or two after an expansion/the opening of a new area. Otherwise, you find yourself in a playerless world filled to the brim with hostile mobs (unless it's a place where people are kind of stuck grinding for a year, like that Timeless Island joke of a place.)

The sad thing is, it seems like the density there isn't even all that bad until you hit some areas of Cata, and MoP - they've been packing the mobs in more and more every patch, and never thin the population. (and I had thought Northrend had some bad areas ....) Mobs also now like to stick closer to roads, and cross them more often. I expect their next, no-flight-at-level-cap-and-we-don't-really-want-to-let-you-fly-anymore expansion will be even more full of mobs (and with even less substance.)

So yeah, I guess I'm looking at ESO from the opposite side from you. A walk through Tamriel is a more pleasant walk in the park than WoW is becoming.