Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

8/9 Tailoring and Hireling bags

phaneub17_ESO
phaneub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't know if its a known bug, but 8/9 Tailoring with Hireling bags aren't giving any Superb Hide or Silverweave raw materials. From 1 to 7, I been getting the equivalent crating material, but once I bumped it to 8/9 I get no raw mats from Tailoring. Blacksmithing and Woodworking at 8/9 are fine though and don't have this problem.
  • ayriennub17_ESO
    Same here. I've been noticing that my clothing hireling hasn't been sending any mats at all. Occasionally I'll get the odd trait or style stone, but no mats or upgrade mats. I have 3/3 hireling and 8/9 tailoring.

Edit: I've also opened some chests where I got nothing at all. Once I used "E" to open, the inv. screen closed and the bag disappeared.
    Edited by ayriennub17_ESO on May 21, 2014 10:42AM
    Options
  • Belrim
    Belrim
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. The more i spent points on the hireling, the worse the chests have gotten.

This is what i got today, with 3 points in the hireling:
    636x6xu.jpg

Sometimes i get materials too, but upgrade items are completely missing. Not getting even the green ones, and can only dream about purple / yellow, since they are just not dropping from these anymore. Been like this for 2-3 weeks.

These normal style materials, like the awesome bone i got (heh), could be removed from the chest loot-tables completely, since you can buy them for couple of gold, and they drop all the time from containers and deconstructing junk loots.
    Edited by Belrim on May 21, 2014 11:33AM
    Early bird gets the worm, but second mouse gets the cheese.
    Options
  • Lupinemw
    Lupinemw
    ✭✭✭
    I know I've said this before but what you get is random. If your hoping that what you get in the bags will make you a better crafter over going out and finding the materials you're going to be complaining about this for ages.

I see these as what I might find in a Hvy Bag.
    Elysium
    EU Casual Mature Daggerfall Covenant Guild

Would you like to know more?! Check us out below
    elysium-eso.guildlaunch.com
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is a bug. You can wait for the 1.1.1 Craglorn patch (coming this week?) which might fix it. Or you can upgrade to Tailoring 9/9 which I can confirm will send you the level 9 thread/hide mats.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/99549/clothing-hireling-not-sending-level-8-materials#latest
    Edited by LonePirate on May 21, 2014 1:35PM
    Options
  • ayriennub17_ESO
    LonePirate wrote: »
    This is a bug. You can wait for the 1.1.1 Craglorn patch (coming this week?) which might fix it. Or you can upgrade to Tailoring 9/9 which I can confirm Will and you the level 9 thread/hide mats.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/99549/clothing-hireling-not-sending-level-8-materials#latest

Guess I'm going shard hunting this evening...

Options
  • Belrim
    Belrim
    ✭✭✭
    Lupinemw wrote: »
    I know I've said this before but what you get is random. If your hoping that what you get in the bags will make you a better crafter over going out and finding the materials you're going to be complaining about this for ages.

I get more than ennough materials from deconning and gathering. Only a fool would expect these silly chests to supply ennough. Would like to see more upgrade items, especially the yellow ones, since there does not seem to be any other way to get them? Atleast i have never seen an yellow item dropping, so i could decon it and hope to get an upgrade item.

Options
  • Lupinemw
    Lupinemw
    ✭✭✭
    Belrim wrote: »

I get more than ennough materials from deconning and gathering. Only a fool would expect these silly chests to supply ennough. Would like to see more upgrade items, especially the yellow ones, since there does not seem to be any other way to get them? Atleast i have never seen an yellow item dropping, so i could decon it and hope to get an upgrade item.

I've picked up a fair few yellow items from refining ores/hides etc. In fact I'd say more than any bag have ever given me.

Elysium

Options
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭

I've picked up a fair few yellow items from refining ores/hides etc. In fact I'd say more than any bag have ever given me.

Same here. Out of a stack of 100 raw material, I'd say I'm 50/50 on getting at least 1 gold so far since I put 3/3 in all my extractions a month ago. I won't put any points into these until I hear they are worth it on a regular basis.

In fact, the only hireling you actually need is provisioner.
    Options
  • Belrim
    Belrim
    ✭✭✭

Lucky bugger. One gold upgrade item from a bag, zero from refining. And ive refined tons and tons of mats, all kinds, on all crafts.
    Options
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While mostly its for the upgrade mats, true, I like to get the next rank of material that I'm not able to farm at the time. When I was farming spidersilk, I upgraded to Ebonthread; when farming Kresh, I upgraded to Ironweed. And once I started getting access to Ironweed, I had hoped to get Silverweave which isn't available to me yet. I like having a stock of the next level on hand before I am able to farm for it.
    Options
  • Sendarya
    Sendarya
    ✭✭✭
    I got I legendary upgrade mat one time from refining, and I gather and refine stacks and stacks of ore, cloth mats and wood. I do get a fair few greens, and a blue now and then from refining. I also have 3/3 in extraction, but it doesn't seem to be helping me.

I've gotten a few legendary upgrades from my hirelings though. sometimes I get zilch (8/9 in clothing, need to get to lvl 35 to get to 9/9 and stop getting EMPTY chests).

I like hirelings though. Yes, sometimes I get junk, but sometimes you hit the jackpot! Considering how many points you can get in this game, I think they are WELL worth it. I have Clothing and provisioning hirelings at 3/3, and BS, WW and Enchanting at 2/3, and I'm happy about half the time with what I get, (again, baring the bugged clothing 8/9 level).
    Owner of the Traveling Tavern, serving superior and consummate foods and drinks for all your leveling needs! :p
    The Traveling Tavern is now closed, until veteran loot tables and rare food mats are fixed. I am very sorry to all my loyal customers!
    Options
  • Lupinemw
    Lupinemw
    ✭✭✭

Lucky bugger. One gold upgrade item from a bag, zero from refining. And ive refined tons and tons of mats, all kinds, on all crafts.

Deconned from a run last night just over 200 iron hides got 1 Gold, 2 Purple, 7 Blue and 3 green. But to be honest I'm not doing clothing so these tend to go into the guild bank for others. I keep gold and purple, I'm not daft I know I can make money on them should I ever have the need to sell them.

The thing about Random is well its Random. It doesn't mean though its broken. I haven't picked up a motif in a while, until Tuesday I hadn't picked up a recipe at all, even one I knew.
    Edited by Lupinemw on May 22, 2014 8:06AM
    Elysium

Options