Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Altmer or Dunmer Vampire Sorcerer?

Clarebear
Clarebear
✭✭
So going to Roll a Sorcerer but what I am wondering with regards to maximizing my character Altmer look to me to have the best Racials for Sorcerer DPS. However, I am considering going Vampire possibly. Would I be better off using a Altmer for the damage boost with shock, cold, and fire and the 9% Magika recovery or as a Dunmer who gets Fire Resist and can enchant however I want possibly making my character more diverse since I don't have to worry about enchanting for fire resist????
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I chose to have my Altmer Witch become a vampire. She will do just fine.

I have a Dunmer Sorc at about the same level, mid twenties, and he is going to hunt them. A fire monster, "'don't stand in the fire' ... uh why?" My native resistance is at over 400 now and he can walk around in lava for a long time. With enhanced racials for fire resistance, and destro fire buff passives, he was made to fry vampires.
    Options
  • Damien_Uvirith

I have a Dunmer Sorc at about the same level, mid twenties, and he is going to hunt them. A fire monster, "'don't stand in the fire' ... uh why?" My native resistance is at over 400 now and he can walk around in lava for a long time. With enhanced racials for fire resistance, and destro fire buff passives, he was made to fry vampires.

This may be a dumb question but, where are you getting the elemental resist numbers from? Are you crunching the numbers from passives etc. or do you have an add on (If so please tell me which!). I haven't been able to find any statistic in game.

I've been considering making my Dunmer Sorc a Vampire for the magicka passives, though am hesitant if it is going to destroy my resist flame passive.
    Options
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a veteran rank 1 Dunmer Sorcerer and a veteran rank 7 Altmer Sorcerer and while I play the Altmer more I think the Dunmer would be more suited for a vampire, purely for the resistances. 10% extra Magicka v 9% more and 6% more Stamina plus 4% Fire/Frost/Shock damage over 7% fire damage and lastly 9% more Magicka regeneration v fire resistance.

The fire resistance s key, it frees up a ring slot which potentially means an extra set bonus. Furthermore, Magicka regeneration can be capped relatively easily, whereas the fire resistance is always handy.

The difference is minuscule at best, choose which race interests you the most!
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This may be a dumb question but, where are you getting the elemental resist numbers from? Are you crunching the numbers from passives etc. or do you have an add on (If so please tell me which!). I haven't been able to find any statistic in game.

I've been considering making my Dunmer Sorc a Vampire for the magicka passives, though am hesitant if it is going to destroy my resist flame passive.

It will, the vulnerability to fire far outweighs the dunmer passives, but you can offset it with enchantments, until you reach Vet levels, then you will fry.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options