The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should they remove the loot level cap?

Yost19
Yost19
I can't stand the 6 level loot cap, just wanted to see what other people thought.
Edited by Yost19 on May 21, 2014 6:18AM

Should they remove the loot level cap? 97 votes

Yes - allow loot to drop regardless of players level.
44% 43 votes
No - keep the 6 level difference cap in place.
55% 54 votes
  • zinoviy22b14_ESO
    zinoviy22b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Don't give the bots any more power :<
  • Auralia
    Auralia
    ✭✭✭
    I say no, as usually Iam not killing things 6 lvls beneath me. Besides we don't want bots taking advantage of this.
  • Boneidle
    Boneidle
    ✭✭
    I say yes because as someone who does leather armour there just isn't enough leather dropping and I would like the chance to go out there and farm it quickly with a character what can destroy the mobs fast.
    Edited by Boneidle on May 21, 2014 6:32AM
    Never retreat, If you turn and run you will only die tired.
  • Aballister
    Aballister
    ✭✭✭
    I'll go yes on this, they shouldn't be limiting the game design based on the fact that it might get bot'ed, they should be getting rid of the bots.
    Dark Elf Sorc(AD)
  • KhajiitiLizard
    KhajiitiLizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boneidle wrote: »
    I say yes because as someone who does leather armour there just isn't enough leather dropping and I would like the chance to go out there and farm it quickly with a character what can destroy the mobs fast.

You can still farm from creatures that are 6 levels lower than you if they are the type that drop crafting materials.
  • Yost19
    Yost19
    I get what people are saying - except for the point about bots - the only solution is to get rid of them, not change game mechanics. I'd like to point out that deconstructing is crafting.
    Edited by Yost19 on May 21, 2014 1:05PM
  • Gwarok
    Gwarok
    ✭✭✭
    No - keep the 6 level difference cap in place.
    Hell I say make it 10

I'm actually at that point I'm tired of seeing the same old cookie cut WORTHLESS frozen frosty staff drop that I really don't care about what drops off the mobs anymore.

True story I was in Glunumbra(sp) plowing through vet quests yesterday fought a V2 mob and a lvl 45 staff dropped off of it
    Edited by Gwarok on May 21, 2014 1:17PM
    "Strive for balance of all things. When the scales tip to one side or the other, someone or somethings gets short-changed. When someone gets short-changed, unpredictability and strife unbalance the world around us...To achieve freedom from greed, from want, and from strife, all parties in any exchange MUST find balance." -House Hlaalu's Philosophy of Trade

"I am ALWAYS very busy, so I KNOW what's best. You need to stay away from the waterfall. TRUST ME, you're better off keeping busy than playing in the stream....Do you know how to swim, Little Scrib?"

"I am but a simple farmer". -Rags'nar LodesBroke

#SKOOMA!

(Juliet):
    ...it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man.
    O, be some other name!
    What's in a name?
    That which we call a rose?
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Retain that dear perfection to which he owes...
    (Act II, Scene II -William Shakespeare's: Romeo & Juliet -1595 A.D.)

• Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell no. You think the bot problem is bad now? that would make it so much worse.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Ceat_VonStrife
    Ceat_VonStrife
    Soul Shriven
    I say yes, unless they remove them from attacking you. If the mob can still aggro me I should be able to obtain loot from killing it.

Plus I cleared most zones on my way through and farmed a lot, I ran into the situation where I still had a bunch of quests left and wasn't getting loot from the mobs I had to kill while questing.
  • Csidron
    Csidron
    if you drop the cap ever [snip] BOTTER will be out there with low level char pulling in high level gear, and then you will see a flood of gear.

Moderator Edit: Removed swearing.
    Edited by ZOS_LeroyW on May 21, 2014 5:46PM
  • ShinChuck
    ShinChuck
    ✭✭✭
    I say yes, unless they remove them from attacking you. If the mob can still aggro me I should be able to obtain loot from killing it.

Plus I cleared most zones on my way through and farmed a lot, I ran into the situation where I still had a bunch of quests left and wasn't getting loot from the mobs I had to kill while questing.

I concur. Sometimes, I missed and item and want to go back and get it, as well. To paraphrase the dev for the the Witcher: devs should not take measures to combat thieves or cheaters that punish legitimate players. While a little extreme, on the whole, I agree with that concept.

As a compromise between both sides, they could create a way to sync your level down (a la FFXI or Rift) so you can still score desired gear off mobs.
    "It's morally wrong to suggest gameplay changes for an MMO."
    ...seriously, someone told me that once here. The things people will do to win their internet arguments!
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no earthly reason that you should need loot from enemies that far below your level.
    ----
    Murray?
  • BenjaminKacher_ESO
    BenjaminKacher_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Boneidle wrote: »

... Leather mats still drop from low level monsters...
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you even.. I'm sometimes 6-7 levels above quests, but I don't want junk in my inventory.
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • OFC_it
    OFC_it
    ✭✭
    I said yes because frankly all the measures to keep gold from botters has only kept ME broke and no good loot. (Why am I playing this game?)
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bots dictate how they run ESO. They should remove the cap and get the situation under control with the bots. It's like punishing your paying customers and putting a band-aid on a gaping wound.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Lodestar
    Lodestar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll go yes on this, they shouldn't be limiting the game design based on the fact that it might get bot'ed, they should be getting rid of the bots.

Already people in the Are the bots winning thread are citing game being changed to defeat bots, and impact casual players is a sign they are winning. And people want more decisions to impact players enjoyment?
    There is no earthly reason that you should need loot from enemies that far below your level.

Creating items for alts, guild members friends, their alts are reasons I like lots of tier materials. I don;t just play with one character in mind. There are several earthly reasons.
    Edited by Lodestar on May 21, 2014 5:43PM
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Most of the time I get one or 2 gold from mobs anyway so I see no problem with mobs dropping at mob levels when you are above them; at least you are getting something. If the mobs didn't agro I might feel differently but I have either waste time killing them or waste of time sneaking by them and its annoying. I am in that situation now where I am trying to find the last shard in a zone and I got these totally useless low level mobs essentially griefing me the entire time.
    Edited by zhevon on May 21, 2014 5:45PM
  • Zakua
    Zakua
    ✭✭✭
    I voted yes then it dawned on me...that would be a terrible idea. All though I'd get some lolz out of destroying every NPC in a starter area, I can see how that would quickly turn into a river of mats that could easily fuel some of those ....alternative gold acquisitions.

So I voted yes in haste and now I'm saying no =P
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I say No with a caveat...no loot for >6 levels, but please allow ultimate's to charge. while the loot control idea is good, ultimate's are an important aspect of skill builds, and mobs 6 levels under you can still be tough fights.

But yeah...turn off the loot limitation and the sheer amount of v10 bots wiping the starter areas clean constantly would grow to crazy levels. it's bad enough right now with all the broken teleport-farming, you can't farm materials for crafting. but add that in...and players couldn't even play the starter areas (up through the mid teens).