The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

A happy, Pleased, Customer... Positive feedback

MTS
MTS
I think I'm the first. Lol jk, There are plenty of greatful players out there.

I figured I would share My experience with the game as a new Customer, and how my First 2 weeks have been. Also touch base on a few things I've been reading on the forums as well as some other random ***. Am I allowed to say that? w/e

So I spilled water on my computer and Fried it a few weeks before launch. I am a previous Guild leader of several Top 10 World rated Guilds in MMOs for PvE progression and have many accomplishments in PvP. So, Missing a launch is something rather new to me! I always race with all my buddies and put in *** ammounts of hours in order to be one of the first max level, then we proceed to max our crafting and dominate the server that is miles behind us in economy and gear etc etc....... you know the story. No lifers. Well it was different this time. No comp + new job + Other life changing events radically changed my availability to play. So 2 weeks ago I finally picked up the game.....

I did not contact my old Guild, as i was embarrassed about what had happened. I've been playing mostly solo and taking my time. Knowing that I have until at LEAST the end of the month before craglorn. I dont want to hit max level and be bored..... although Im sure there is plenty to do.

So I listen to the story, (First time for me in MMOs) And wow, I feel like im playing an ES game... imagine that. (I played Morrowing Oblivions and skyrim while my comp was out of commission.)

I take my time to explore every Nook and cranny. Sometimes I found I was feeling like, "Man I should have gotten something for this." Or "WTF there should be a reward here", but I gathered so much stuff I started leveling all my crafts.

I quickly Ran out of Bag inventory and Bank slots. I dont have a horse so I dont get the extra space from that. I cut out Blacksmithing and Alchemy and sold all the mats I had. I started a Business in Trading with people. Gathering Alchemy plants and selling them for 20-25 Gold a plant. I quickly Found other buyers and in a matter of 4 days, im selling my plants for 40Gold a plant. All possible because of no AH. i pretty much stopped leveling and got my money grind on so that I could afford 100 Slots in both Bank and Bag..... Could have bought a horse -_-.....

But this was all GREAT! and here is why...
I have 100 Slots in both bank and Bag. Probably about even with most VR10s. Some may have around 120 bag.... W/e im close for only level 18.
I made Friends in Global chat becuase there is no AH. People I would have never met if an AH was put in. One person Sent me 3 Dreugh Wax and 10 Purple things for crafting cloth.... Just because He wanted me to sell ALL my plants to him, and him alone.....
I've had maybe 2 encounters with bots. I Farmed about 200 of each Alchemy plant available in Khinarthi's Roost. So Its safe to say I was there awhile. and only ran into 2 bots. But both were well, annoying.

I Don't get Gold spam whispered Like in other Free to play MMOs, Thank god subscription.

RANT.........

Some things I read on the forums,;
Game difficulty
I've generally had a pretty easy time. I've crafted my own potions and I have my own food, so i realize I am more than prepared for this low level stuff. Especially prepared to some other players. Not to mention My gaming experience I think its safe to say I dont stand in Fire and cry Nerf. I've been multiple levels above most of my content for awhile now as well, so I dont think I'm a fair judge when saying the content is too easy, because I know it isnt. But saying its too hard, or crying about other classes skills in PvP.... These are some things Ive read in every Forum for MMOs.

I know at the end of the day this is a business and the goal is to make money. And to make money you have to please the majority. And the majority (Full offense intended :smile: ) of the players Dont put time or effort into the game at all. I call them SoB's. because their voice gets heard and changes are made for the worse, etc etc...

Real life example ;
A general was against an army that outnumbered him 3 to 1. He would lose pretty much no matter what he did. So he baited the men into attacking him at a certain location at a very precise time. The time he picked was so precise that when the attacking force came, They were blinded by the sun and could not see. So this man Used the sun (A real life Mechanic) to his advantage and won the battle.

If some *** like this happened in game, These forums would blow up with, SUN OP, NERF THE SUN, THIS IS BS MY CHARACTER IS GOD I SHOULD BE ABLE TO NOT BE BlINDed by the sun..... etcc etc...

Point is, THIS IS THEIR GAME. THEY ARE MAKING THEIR GAME THE WAY THEY WANT TO MAKE IT. PLAY THEIR GAME, AND EXPLOIT STRATEGIC ADVANTAGES WHEN PoSSIBLE! but dont cheat or hack. And please try not to go cry on the forums for nerf because the DK standard is too hard to walk out of. Just an example, I dont want to hear this thread get blown up with DK STANDARD IS OP!!!! HOW DARE YOU!

meh anyways, I could go on for a long time. I love this game, And I have full faith in Matt. The content that they intend to add is what everyone wants. Thieves guild, LLaw system, Guild kiosks (Mini AHs), Craglorn...

***My Request, a PvE end game zone with Open world PvP.

Anyway keep up the good work, and pleases Put the EU Servers in EU.... I seriously dont know who made that decision, but they probably shouldnt have a job where decisions are being made. I really hope that wasnt matt xD
Edited by MTS on May 21, 2014 4:25AM
  • tanthil
    tanthil
    ✭✭✭
    2 whole paragraphs about how good you are at video games
  • MTS
    MTS
    Hmm. Well I didnt mean to come off that way. I just wanted to let people see what I've been able to do and how my experience has been. Based on what you read in the forums I expected the game to be too hard, and Bots everywhere. Also expected it to be nearly impossible to sell stuff. However, it was quite the opposite.

People will always find a way to be negative I guess. or just add their 2 cents without actually offering anything of worth... much like your comment.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK standard is OP.

Nerf.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK standard is OP.

Nerf.

LOL I got done (solo) at lvl 16 by a lvl 9 DK Champion in Gully (Auridon), how I hate that standard.....
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    Although I agree that there's a lot of negativity on the forums and people do cry nerf very quickly these days instead of finding out a defence against what's being used against them, it sounds as if you haven't played the game very long. Wait a month and play a few character, also it seems that all you have done is gather and sell, while that's all well and good, its only a small portion of the game.

I'm a great fan of the game and all of Bethesda's game from Dishonoured to Fallout 3 but that truth is that this game has some real glaring issues from bots to classes that are painful to play (NB). I believe in Zenimax and I know they will do right by us but they are dancing with the devil at the moment and really need to get on top of some of the bigger issues, content should be last on their list and all their experienced coders/scripters should be put into fixing whats broken which Is a very lot :)
    Edited by Loxy37 on May 21, 2014 3:51PM
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see the developers coming in to post positive stories.

j/k
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loxy37 wrote: »
    Although I agree that there's a lot of negativity on the forums and people do cry nerf very quickly these days instead of finding out a defence against what's being used against them, it sounds as if you haven't played the game very long. Wait a month and play a few character, also it seems that all you have done is gather and sell, while that's all well and good, its only a small portion of the game.

I'm a great fan of the game and all of Bethesda's game from Dishonoured to Fallout 3 but that truth is that this game has some real glaring issues from bots to classes that are painful to play (NB). I believe in Zenimax and I know they will do right by us but they are dancing with the devil at the moment and really need to get on top of some of the bigger issues, content should be last on their list and all their experienced coders/scripters should be put into fixing whats broken which Is a very lot :)

I have been playing NB since day one and with all the problems people say they have with them, I think I am over powered. I take on targets doing heavy damage regularly. Once they say NB is fixed, I expect to be a godlike being. then next month the posts will be "NB is OP NErf them!"
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @MTS What game were you playing? It sounds great!

I'm still stuck playing ESO! :(
  • Salsadoom
    Salsadoom
    ✭✭✭
    Remember, in writing tone doesn't come off very well so I am not sure if there is as many negative comments as one might think. But things to consider:

1) You can't make everyone happy
    2) Some people like to complain
    3) Some people complain legitimately but still like the game
    4) The game is new and not finished in polishing
    5) Differing expectations on the game
    6) People stuck on 'this MMO was like this' 'SP was like this' not realizing this isn't that game

ESO has a great base and start, it will only get better

• thorntk421
    thorntk421
    ✭✭✭
    I also would like to say that I am enjoying the game. Sure there are a few things that are annoying right now. Bots, limited/shared bank space are the two biggest for me at the moment.
    My highest lv character is a 34 bow using Templar and, I have had none of the feelings of being underpowered yet. If anything my Archer/Ranger feels overpowered.
  • MTS
    MTS
    ^^^ - I agree with this guy. I need to keep that in mind more often when reading someones comment or post.

Blackwidow wrote: »
    @MTS What game were you playing? It sounds great!

I'm still stuck playing ESO! :(

Haha, I played beta for a year and some months before launch. So I've got a lot of time in the game, though there are some radical changes so my data and experiences from previous version are pretty much obsolete.

I wish you could morph a Skill multiple times. I remember first hearing you could morph skills and thinking Multiple morphs for a fireball.... Maybe one day.
  • Spiritreaver_ESO
    Spiritreaver_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @‌MTS

Good stuff. It is good to just take your time for once in an MMO isn't it?