The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[Spoilers] Razum Dar

Altissimus
Altissimus
✭✭✭
This whole thread is a spoiler. Don't read if you're under level 45, or not in AD.
So, there's a quest where you have to decide the fate of good ol' Razum Dar. A key moral decision of the game.

After much debate, I chose to let him die.

I am now really annoyed...he's turned up again in the dune/pre-Coldharbour quests. I'm not in the least perturbed by his return - I like him - I'm just really, really annoyed that there's no reference to how he escaped? That he's just there for a quest, because that's how it's written, and your previous decision is irrelevant?!?!!

Or have I missed a quest somewhere (Reaper's March, I suppose?) where this is somehow explained?
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    He escaped because He's Just That Awesome.

He explained, btw, that he was able to get out (without saying how), but you didn't see him in the interim because he was still healing up. And as long as everyone except the closest to the Queen thought he was dead, he was free to plan...
  • Altissimus
    Altissimus
    ✭✭✭
    I feel very dissatisfied with that explanation.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then consider it a lucky break for the cat when the collapse actually opened up an escape for him, rather than the 'oh no, sealed in!' that was going through everyone's head.
  • ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    All Razum Dar wants is a saddle that doesn't pinch his tail. HELP HIM OUT ESO!
  • WilliamTee
    WilliamTee
    ✭✭✭
    As if mere rocks could kill Raz.

Or maybe he just kicked it, then ressed at the nearest wayshrine.
  • Altissimus
    Altissimus
    ✭✭✭
    Sihnfahl wrote: »
    Then consider it a lucky break for the cat when the collapse actually opened up an escape for him, rather than the 'oh no, sealed in!' that was going through everyone's head.

I don't even recall him ever mentioning this. He was left for dead; he disappeared for a while; he returned - no mention of narrow escapes. Or did I miss something?
  • WilliamTee
    WilliamTee
    ✭✭✭
    Altissimus wrote: »
    Sihnfahl wrote: »

I don't even recall him ever mentioning this. He was left for dead; he disappeared for a while; he returned - no mention of narrow escapes. Or did I miss something?

You can speak to him in Dune I think it is after the quests are complete and he explains it.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep. If you talked to him at the end of the main AD questline, you could ask him how he escaped from the ruins.

He was, of course, evasive (much like how you hear Johnson in Halo 2 go "It's classified..." when asked how he got out...), but it's heavily implied he was able to find a path to the surface, despite being wounded, and that most of his compatriots DID die.
  • Kaynlor
    Kaynlor
    ✭✭✭
    He is a cat. He has nine lives.
    Edited by Kaynlor on May 20, 2014 11:58PM
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kaynlor wrote: »
    He is a cat. He has nine lives.
    He is Khajiit. Khajiit better than cat. Khajiit have more lives.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i've said it once i've said it a million times .... cats are evil.

And now they survive cave ins.

We're doomed.
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    what quest is this?
    stam scrub