The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should Vampires Actually Bite During Feeding?

EJRose83
EJRose83
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone else in favor of a new vampire animation where they actually bite their victims, instead of sucking blood out from like 5 feet away?
Edited by EJRose83 on May 20, 2014 8:26PM
- Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent =D
- Xbox One Console Transferer
- Gamer Tag: EJRose83
- Previous LOTRO & SWTOR Player

Should Vampires Actually Bite During Feeding? 56 votes

Yes, please! Vampires should definitely bite, not slurp from across the room!
85%
GwarokEJRose83link428CzingerItsMeTooKhastleClansman2013aipex8_ESOEueduinChatoyancyotis67Jade_Knightblazerb14_ESOSariiasKendaricSpieleNerdShtaTureluswyrdob16_ESOValerienAlienSlof 48 votes
No, keep things the way they are.
14%
JJDrakkenWodwoIngweForTheRealmGedalyarusila22MistFallDarkonflare15 8 votes
  • EJRose83
    EJRose83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel as though we could still maintain the range for this attack as well, by having the player simply rush to their victim's side from afar when they go in for the bite.
    - Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent =D
    - Xbox One Console Transferer
    - Gamer Tag: EJRose83
    - Previous LOTRO & SWTOR Player
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and a seduction spell to be able to feed off friendly NPCs would be nice too.
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    They should, but I understand why they don't. It is an awkward animation, especially if the target is armored.
  • Jade_Knightblazerb14_ESO
    Atm,the feed animation reminds me of Legacy of Kain (Soul Reaver).

• SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    And their method does have some precedence....this is Bill feeding in True Blood:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADOOTGy0TRQ

This is my character feeding:
    tumblr_n5txwoiakW1t48ra4o5_1280.png

It kinda does make sense.
  • Sariias
    Sariias
    ✭✭✭
    dogsprinkler-300x240.jpg

You can also, you know, stand right next to each other when you do it.
    Edited by Sariias on May 20, 2014 8:49PM
  • Morgaric
    Morgaric
    While it reminds me of Legacy of Kain and does have it's charms I feel it should be a toggle you can select.
  • ItsMeToo
    ItsMeToo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A new skill tree for neck biting. I made a feedback report for this during early access.
    FYI - There is no such thing as 'night capping' in a world wide MMO.
    FYI - There was no paid Beta. When they launched the game the Beta was over, even if you don't think it was.
    FYI - It's B2P not F2P. There is a difference.
    FYI - It doesn't take any player skill to mash keys or buttons in this game. The ones that stay alive longer have the better internet connection and speed.
    FYI - The game is not broken, it still works. It just has 'bugs' that need to be fixed.
    Balance is a "Bad" thing.

Example: There were hundreds of Jedi and only two Sith in Star Wars. The Jedi wanted, "Balance in the Force" and they got it. Now there are only two Jedi and two Sith.

Balance is a "Bad" thing.
    Is the glass half full or half empty?
    I say, "Get a smaller glass."
  • Allyah
    Allyah
    ✭✭✭
    They should, but I understand why they don't. It is an awkward animation, especially if the target is armored.
    This.
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    I voted yes.
  • JosephChip
    JosephChip
    ✭✭✭
    Allyah wrote: »
    This.

Not really. You could show the vampire biting the neck area and it would be completely fine. To be honest I find the current animation slightly disgusting.
    A short leap and a bite would do much better.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just upset I didn't get the name Kain so I could feed like him.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    JosephChip wrote: »
    Not really. You could show the vampire biting the neck area and it would be completely fine. To be honest I find the current animation slightly disgusting.
    I think so too...thats part of the reason I still like it =)

Vampires are supposed to be gross creatures. They are monsters after all.
    Edited by SadisticSavior on May 20, 2014 10:43PM