The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightcapping

• jvargas150_ESO
    Now people who shouldn't be on our time zone, are deciding to play in our server so they have an ADVANTAGE... They should be playing in the European server so that their timezone difference is only about 7hrs as oppose to us where its over 10 hours..

To be fair you sound just as clueless. Oceanic players don't have Oceanic servers.. they play on NA servers.. most of them at least. So you would have to create Oceanic specific servers.. region lock all servers and pray that people are too stupid to figure out VPNs.

Plus there isn't much advantage to having huge population on 1 faction at night.. besides the initial caps for the keeps you generate very little AP/XP in those dead servers. If you want to actually take advantage of maximizing your AP/XP then you need to play on populated servers where you can generate 40,000 - 100,000 AP an hour.

How many campaigns on these forums have 1 faction that is heavy.. namely AD or DC... asking to get other factions to join their campaign so they can have a competitive campaign?

To be fair read the last sentence I wrote.. I clearly implied there was no Oceanic servers.. or in your case I guess I have to literally state it, "Since there is no Oceanic server-insert last sentence"

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this is serious or a troll. If it's the first, I'd go back to playing single-player games.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be fair you sound just as clueless. Oceanic players don't have Oceanic servers.. they play on NA servers.. most of them at least. So you would have to create Oceanic specific servers.. region lock all servers and pray that people are too stupid to figure out VPNs.

Plus there isn't much advantage to having huge population on 1 faction at night.. besides the initial caps for the keeps you generate very little AP/XP in those dead servers. If you want to actually take advantage of maximizing your AP/XP then you need to play on populated servers where you can generate 40,000 - 100,000 AP an hour.

How many campaigns on these forums have 1 faction that is heavy.. namely AD or DC... asking to get other factions to join their campaign so they can have a competitive campaign?

Considering 1) AD is still at Medium/Full on Dawnbreaker NA every day despite the fact practically no one but AD has played on it for over a month, and 2) AD was at Full pop every night on Auriel's despite EP and DC being on Low, it's safe to assume those hordes of AD were NOT interested in earning AP/XP, but in capping empty keeps and holding Scroll/Emp bonuses for PvE and their guest campaigns.

We tried for WEEKS on Auriel's to get Oceanic players to come to Auriel's. We got about 40 or so, the others were like "why the hell would I spend my playtime losing and being vastly outnumbered every day?" Those few we got quickly left after seeing there was no point in even trying. They log in and get swarmed by 600 (Full pop) AD while they're 40-50 EP. Think about that.
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Slpy
    Slpy
    Soul Shriven
    This is a weird complaint for sure.

You complain that players retake keeps you took earlier, while you are not playing, which results in you having to retake those keeps.

So you would feel better, if all those keeps would permanently stay red/blue/yellow, whatever side you play on.

Seriously, where's the fun in that? You want to, day in day out, fight at the same 2 keeps defending them against the opposition who'll eventually stop trying since they can't really see a lot of change and feel unaccomplished all the time.

What then? Would it be better for them to leave too?
    Would it be better to not have to fight to retake the keeps?

Also if you get swarmed by massive amounts of enemies, there's bound to be mindless players in there, use this to farm some AP with siege weaponry, especially oil, sure you might die and all, but if there's so many people rushing about that's like a golden(read: green) shower of AP for you.
  • popatiberiuoneb18_ESO
    Gisgo wrote: »
    EU = international.
    The US while one nation are as huge as a continent (and to the US, add Oceania).
    So yeah both servers are international.

edit. ooops forgot Canada :#

EU stands for EUrope if you didnt realize :)

and NA for North America

The idea behind this is to reduce the distance between the players and the server thus reducing the latency. A person playing from EU on US server will get higher latency (200+ ping in my case) than a person playing from US. It should work the other way around once they move the EU servers to EU...if ever... Curently both megaservers are located in NA so the EU server is just by name ...Also any publisher with a hint of common sense will take loggin statics into consideration when choosing the maintainance window..2 bad ZoS doesnt.

Sorry but having a few non-US people playing on your NA server wont make it international...heck..even having 99% of the people playing in the NA server from EU wont make it international, its located in NA and its a NA server. I dont have access to any IP statistics but i can assure you that most of the US ip's are from US and most of the EU ip's are from EU with a moer or less equaly distributed IP's (depending on location) from other continents.

There is no IP lock so anyone can play from anywhere on aither servers but thank you for the geography lesson.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not sure what are you arguing exactly, Europe is not a nation, an European server, no matter where is located, is an international server.
    Same goes for the NA server, i doubt 99% of the connections are from the US, with so many Canadians and Brazilians and Australians playing.
    So again both server are international, but keep ranting if you want...
    Edited by Gisgo on May 21, 2014 3:16PM
  • darkdruidssb14_ESO
    darkdruidssb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair read the last sentence I wrote.. I clearly implied there was no Oceanic servers.. or in your case I guess I have to literally state it, "Since there is no Oceanic server-insert last sentence"

Omitting information like "ZOS should create Oceanic servers in an Oceanic data center to cater to Oceanic players" doesn't mean you implied it. They haven't even moved the EU servers to Europe... what makes you think they would not only create a Oceanic data center for Oceanic players, but then also have to create campaigns for those players as well... which run on different servers than their mega server.

Then there is the fact that region locking isn't the solution.
  • Insinious
    Insinious
    Last time I deployed into a hot warzone, I don't remember getting much sleep. Oh were not talking war here, or are we?
  • darkdruidssb14_ESO
    darkdruidssb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Considering 1) AD is still at Medium/Full on Dawnbreaker NA every day despite the fact practically no one but AD has played on it for over a month, and 2) AD was at Full pop every night on Auriel's despite EP and DC being on Low, it's safe to assume those hordes of AD were NOT interested in earning AP/XP, but in capping empty keeps and holding Scroll/Emp bonuses for PvE and their guest campaigns.

We tried for WEEKS on Auriel's to get Oceanic players to come to Auriel's. We got about 40 or so, the others were like "why the hell would I spend my playtime losing and being vastly outnumbered every day?" Those few we got quickly left after seeing there was no point in even trying. They log in and get swarmed by 600 (Full pop) AD while they're 40-50 EP. Think about that.

This all highlights the core of the issue which is there are currently too many campaigns for the player base. So people are spread thin and allowed to "nightcap" since there isn't competition.

ZOS needs to consolidate campaigns to force players to join less servers... increasing the population in those servers which could also impact the ability for players to "nightcap" since there will be more people playing on their server at all times.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This all highlights the core of the issue which is there are currently too many campaigns for the player base. So people are spread thin and allowed to "nightcap" since there isn't competition.

ZOS needs to consolidate campaigns to force players to join less servers... increasing the population in those servers which could also impact the ability for players to "nightcap" since there will be more people playing on their server at all times.

I think ZOS should shut down the 5 least populated campaigns (I'm sure they have some way of determining which those are) for a month, just to see how it goes. As it is, during NA prime time, we've only got 3 servers that go above Low pop: Auriel's, Bloodthorn and Wabbajack.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on May 21, 2014 5:01PM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Westcoast14_ESO
    Westcoast14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Campaign consolidation would definitely help. Sparsely populated campaigns are an anathema to active PvP. To help with promoting 24-hour conflict, it might help to allow guild alliances to hold a keep. That way you could have a pair of guilds with closer to 24 hour active membership. Guilds tend to have active their members active hours focused for a variety of reasons. Allowing guild alliances would alleviate that to a degree.
  • villiansvb16_ESO
    Isn't this a more or less non-disruptive fix?

If the campaign is e.g. >50% full, all sides earn points at the normal rate (note: not AP, just the potential points that get awarded each side every hour). If the campaign is 20%-50% full, reduce all point gains by half, if <20% reduce gains by 75%

These numbers are arbitrary, and you can of course have more than 2 bands. However the general idea is to award the side that is dominant when plenty of players are active. At the same time, AP is awared as it always has been.

Comments?

edit: not sure how this would work with low-pop campaigns, but it can be worked around.
    Edited by villiansvb16_ESO on May 21, 2014 11:46PM
  • Eylith
    Eylith
    ✭✭✭
    Gisgo> I see your point but I believe you don't see mine. What I don't like isn't people with shifted play hours (ofc), it's some highly ranked players and guilds waited on purpose to people to go to sleep to start retake all the map. We're not talking about somes players who don't have choice to play at those hours, but about some players who farm AP/Rank at night, when it is the easiest to them.

Maybe It's fair maybe it's not, but one thing for sure it's demotivating to see the map entierely blue every evening over and over again. Note, the situation on Chrysamere EU seems to have changed this days, I hope for the best.
    Edited by Eylith on May 22, 2014 7:29AM
    "Discuter avec un troll, c’est comme essayer de jouer aux échecs avec un pigeon. Tu as beau être très fort aux échecs, il arrive, renverse les pièces, chie sur l’échiquier et s’en va avec l’air supérieur comme s’il avait gagné." - Anonyme

• popatiberiuoneb18_ESO
    Gisgo wrote: »
    Im not sure what are you arguing exactly, Europe is not a nation, an European server, no matter where is located, is an international server.
    Same goes for the NA server, i doubt 99% of the connections are from the US, with so many Canadians and Brazilians and Australians playing.
    So again both server are international, but keep ranting if you want...

Not sure where you saw me say that Europe is a nation. Anyhow this discussion is getting to offtopic. I explained you how people pick the server with the lowest ping (even though atm EU server is not EU, but ppl pick it hoping it will move to EU as logic dictates) and how would NA server have mostly US people and EU server mostly europeans, up2 you to agree or disagree.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heres a hint: Its always night time...somewhere :o ..I know it boggles the mind not to think that "cause its day here..Its day everywhere"...but its not. ;)

Now hold on to your chair tight..Im gonna blow your mind even more.

While you're capping keeps in your day time..someone is asleep in their night time and they're wondering why YOU are taking advantage of them being asleep.. DOH! :'(

I know, I know..crazy as it sounds...the gaming world doesn't revolve around your sleep patterns. :s

Do you know how clueless you sound? I don't mean the sarcasm.. I mean how this issue went totally over your head..

Let me explain it to you so you understand the problem(I really don't consider it a problem, but so you are on the same page as those complaining)..

We are playing on NA time zone servers... So NA players select this server, we all live in the same timezone(give or take 3 hours)... The European server is catered to those who live in Europe (they should be on around the same time)

Now people who shouldn't be on our time zone, are deciding to play in our server so they have an ADVANTAGE... They should be playing in the European server so that their timezone difference is only about 7hrs as oppose to us where its over 10 hours..
    you know what?..I totally understand now..I COMPLETELY see your side of things...and am sad for you.

I don't WANT to be on the same page as those complaining because frankly its one of the cheesiest complaints i have ever heard in my life!

You DO realize their argument can be used for shutting down the severs all together for offgame downtimes right?..I mean why not?..HOW DARE those ppl in my timezone who don't sleep when I do have the unmitigated gall to play the game when I don't choose to...OH the humanity! I mean really..if you want that keep bad enough I guess you'll have to tell mommy 9pm ISN't your bedtime eh? :o