The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Please Do Something About the Public Dungeons

Esha76
Esha76
✭✭✭✭✭
I give you credit, the concept isn't bad. However the major flaw in the concept is that you have MMO players "doing" these things... By now, you devs should recognize that any gamer, for that matter, is in such a colossal rush to do whatever it is that's on their agenda, it's rare anyone is willing to actually cooperate.

The amount of people in such a rush makes these things horrible. If you're lucky enough to be at the right spot with enough people rolling through, you better hope you don't have Sir Tanksalot with you who pulls every pack of mobs in site. These idiots are in such a rush they think taking on everything all at once will be quicker. Instead they cause everyone to wipe. These things are so unorganized, between players on their own agenda, get hung up/falling behind for one reason or another (such as possibly changing slotted skills), and people rushing in without everyone there.

Before someone so elegantly points out that I could use group finder or zone chat.... If I need to use group finder or zone, then these should be a dungeon like BC/Spindle/Grotto. These in-between things just aren't working in many cases. If you finished any of these without a pre-organized group, it's because you were there in a populated enough zone when enough people were rolling through and needed the same objectives at the same time.

This mid-way between a group dungeon and solo dungeon just leads to too much lack of cooperation, organization, and ultimately a huge waste of time. It's just not in human/gamer nature to have any degree of patience with strangers, so these often become more of a headache than enjoyable.

I wish I could suggest some sort of constructive solution, however the only thing I can think of is making these things group dungeons. Because plenty of people will scream if they get nerfed to solo. If I have to hear one more jerk job cry "This doesn't feel like an MMO..." I'm going to find that person and insert shoe.....

I don't know, please do something to make these things more cooperative.
"There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
"I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
"Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
"Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
"Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
"There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
"I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
"I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
"Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
"When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
"Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)
  • Allyah
    Allyah
    ✭✭✭
    It's not the public dungeons, it's you.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny , im vr8 now , and i usually manage to work in these dungeons with atleast 1 other person without ever saying 1 word.

I just wait at the entrance , another person passes by , i join with them and it is pretty much like we are in a group , we help one another and we wait for one another. Always works like this.

If anything , i would say that is in the human nature to group together and work together on the fly , because humans were never lone hunters or survivors , we do so in packs.

Sometimes the only words need after the whole dungeons and even the bosses , is the usual thank you.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The loose packing of public dungeons/delves is more like a street brawl/bar fight/general riot than an organized army manoeuver, and are meant to be.