The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Divines vs Infused: A Comprehensive Study

• Ethoir
    Ethoir
    ✭✭✭
    I feel a need to toss in my 2 cents again.

You mention splitting the equipment you wear into two categories and put helm and shield in the "large" group. Actual previous testing has already confirmed the following:
    • Armor glyphs have 100% effect on Chest and Legs only (Infused buffs them up further).
    • Helm, shoulders, belt, wrists and feet will never get 100% of the effect from a glyph. You will never get more than 50% of the glyph's effect (Infused not factored in). Your enchanting level and gear level will determine how close to that 50% effect limit you get.
    • Shields I have not tested, but they may be the exception to the rule and get the full effect from an applied armor glyph.

The above means getting that weak stat up to par is harder and if you're determined to get 1800+ stamina or magicka you have to use infused on absolutely everything you craft and bring it up to gold quality before you enchant it.
    Edited by Ethoir on June 23, 2014 12:16AM
    Participant in the Sanguine's Tester beta group since November 2013.
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ethoir wrote: »

You mention splitting the equipment you wear into two categories and put helm and shield in the "large" group. Actual previous testing has already confirmed the following:
    • Armor glyphs have 100% effect on Chest and Legs only (Infused buffs them up further).
    • Helm, shoulders, belt, wrists and feet will never get 100% of the effect from a glyph. You will never get more than 50% of the glyph's effect (Infused not factored in). Your enchanting level and gear level will determine how close to that 50% effect limit you get.
    • Shields I have not tested, but they may be the exception to the rule and get the full effect from an applied armor glyph.

The above means getting that weak stat up to par is harder and if you're determined to get 1800+ stamina or magicka you have to use infused on absolutely everything you craft and bring it up to gold quality before you enchant it.

I don't know. I think I've always got 100% (+infused, if present) of glyph power on Helm, Chest, Legs a Shield.
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArRashid wrote: »

I don't know. I think I've always got 100% (+infused, if present) of glyph power on Helm, Chest, Legs a Shield.

Same. Helm, Chest, Legs, and Shield always give 100%. The other pieces give somewhere between 30-40% of the enchantment. Infused will bump these values up of course.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just finished making another full set for a friend (made the armor and enchanted it, purple armor with gold enchantments) and its still the same as it always has been and been posted and tested many times.

100% from Helm, Shield, Chest and Legs, 40% (it may appear less due to rounding but its 40%) from shoulders, belt, gloves and boots.

You need to re-look at your tests.
    Edited by Natjur on June 23, 2014 9:50PM
  • Ethoir
    Ethoir
    ✭✭✭
    Response By Email (Alexandre) (04/04/2014 10:40 AM)
    Greetings Adventurer!

As stated in the previous reply, here is the short version of the explanation:
    • Full status bonus is applied to main armor pieces (chest, legs) and weapons;
    • A percentage of the full status bonus is applied to secondary armor pieces (head, belt, shoulders, bracers, boots and jewelry)
    The items are not getting "nerfed" when you applied them.

For example: Petty Glyph of Stamina gives +18 Health. If applied to chest armor, you will get the full bonus but if applied to belt armor, you will get +7 Health.

So in this case, you're getting a 38% bonus of the total value of the enchantment.

You will never get more than 50% of the bonus of the enchantment in secondary armor pieces, hence the percentage varies according to character level, enchantment level and armor\weapon\jewelry level.

Regards,
    Alex S.
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

This ticket backs me up on this. Chest and Leg pieces are the only things that do not need Infused to get 100% effect from a glyph. Unless the devs made stealth changes to how enchanting works...
    Participant in the Sanguine's Tester beta group since November 2013.
  • Vortimere
    Vortimere
    ...and a "tech" would never send bad info in a ticket? I have enchanted many items recently as I've crafted two sets of gear (Willow's Path and Night Mother's). Helm, Chest, Legs, and Shield all get 100% of a glyph value while Shoulders, Belt, Gloves, and Boots only get 40%. Try it in game and you'll see that the info provided by your customer service rep is inaccurate for patch 1.2.5.
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    Response By Email (Alexandre) (04/04/2014 10:40 AM)
    Greetings Adventurer!

As stated in the previous reply, here is the short version of the explanation:
    • Full status bonus is applied to main armor pieces (chest, legs) and weapons;
    • A percentage of the full status bonus is applied to secondary armor pieces (head, belt, shoulders, bracers, boots and jewelry)
    The items are not getting "nerfed" when you applied them.

For example: Petty Glyph of Stamina gives +18 Health. If applied to chest armor, you will get the full bonus but if applied to belt armor, you will get +7 Health.

So in this case, you're getting a 38% bonus of the total value of the enchantment.

You will never get more than 50% of the bonus of the enchantment in secondary armor pieces, hence the percentage varies according to character level, enchantment level and armor\weapon\jewelry level.

Regards,
    Alex S.
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

This ticket backs me up on this. Chest and Leg pieces are the only things that do not need Infused to get 100% effect from a glyph. Unless the devs made stealth changes to how enchanting works...

I'm sorry sir, but the email is incorrect.
    I would have tested it myself before posting if I were you in order to not look foolish.
  • jmodica132_ESO
    So bottom line WTF should i use??

Divine or Infused?
  • cinnamonbooty
    This is helpful... I will, however, need to look up a lot more on the subject of infused vs divines because i'm still not sure what the difference is.

Sorry for the useless post!
    Cinnamon
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is helpful... I will, however, need to look up a lot more on the subject of infused vs divines because i'm still not sure what the difference is.

Sorry for the useless post!

Divines increases your Mundus Stone effects, where Infused increases your Enchantment effects. So, it really all depends on what Mundus your using and how important it is to the character. If you choose the Mundus that gives say a boost to your max magicka then run magic glyphs on all your armors, then you have to decide which combo gives the best overall magic stats.

Now, before I go any farther, the generally accepted combo is Infused on Chest, Legs and Head, Divines on the other 4 pieces. This has to do with the lowered Infused effect you get on the smaller armor pieces so it does not really help to put it on the smaller pieces. Now, this is not to say that Divines is necessarily the best to put on the smaller pieces. Again, it all depends. For most people, the other traits are not that helpful to an end game character so Divines is the choice by default.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who necro'd the thread xD, this was made when there was still soft caps, not exactly relevant now the game has changed too much.

TL:DR is like Nestor said, infused on helm, legs and chest and divines on everything else.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...