Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cloth builds for more functional then Med or Heavy.

Wifeaggro13
Wifeaggro13
✭✭✭✭✭
Here is a link too two very interesting videos . He details how and why there is no Soft cap on magica. how to achieve this . it also explains in a follow up video how stamina works . it also brings to light why these DK OP light armor builds are functioning so well, with this no soft cap magica build.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwaUsfecHEE&index=3&list=PLykrv4AZ7oKIMBKqKA-r2h6Uvj57ivrNg

Hopefully development will look into this and make corrections to Magica and stamina. the interesting thing is using Cost reduction on stamina does not get you the same result in mathematics on soft cap the magica build will.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wlvHyYjrkM&index=8&list=PLykrv4AZ7oKIMBKqKA-r2h6Uvj57ivrNg it also shows the benefits of heavy armor or currently not as nice as the benefits of light armor. which would definately put Medium in the same class. Also the broken ability of unstoppable still bugs and does not function as intended.
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    I do agree that this merits developer attention. Heavy armour, in particular, just isn't competitive.

Cost reductions are indeed one of the reasons why stamina builds don't nearly have the same potential as magicka builds.
    "I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!"
    Options
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    Skills that buff armor will also need to be looked at. Most of them will at least soft cap even in 7-lights. DK, Sorc, and NB all have skills that will do that. Maybe bump up the soft cap until it's out of reach so that the skills don't instantly turn any and all into tanks. Or if Zenimax wants everyone class/build to be able to tank then at least tanks in full lights will be a smidge less effective than tanks in full heavies.
    Options
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    Just to avoid confusion, I didn't mention Templars because I'm completely ignorant of them not because they don't have a similar skill. For all I know they might have the best one of all.
    Options
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vicNBitis wrote: »
    Skills that buff armor will also need to be looked at. Most of them will at least soft cap even in 7-lights. DK, Sorc, and NB all have skills that will do that. Maybe bump up the soft cap until it's out of reach so that the skills don't instantly turn any and all into tanks. Or if Zenimax wants everyone class/build to be able to tank then at least tanks in full lights will be a smidge less effective than tanks in full heavies.

Im in support of removing spiked armor all together.im also in favor of removing banner completely. Not magma armor. Only two of the dk ultimates are usable dragon leap is actually a non usable ultimate. Juat use volcanic rune with mage guild passives lol.
    Options
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soft capping is fine, people really need to get over it. I can go WAY over armour soft cap with Immovable and stealth buff up and you feel the difference as opposed to just one of them up.

Soft caps just hinder stupid stacking builds, and just slows the effect of something, it doesn't stop it. If something put you over hard cap then I'd be worried.
    Options
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soft capping is fine, people really need to get over it. I can go WAY over armour soft cap with Immovable and stealth buff up and you feel the difference as opposed to just one of them up.

Soft caps just hinder stupid stacking builds, and just slows the effect of something, it doesn't stop it. If something put you over hard cap then I'd be worried.

If your at armor cap and you pop immovable your doing it for spell resistance or CC immunities. If your popping that thing for mitigation your better off just holding block there is not soft cap on block and it uses less stamina. Im way over armor soft cap with out immovable.
    Soft caps are not functioning correctly for all AP.Its part of the problem the Medium and heavy passives are garbage compared to light. And magica soft caps can be completely avoided with reduction gear.Its why we are seeing un killable DK's in light armor making solo videos of VR dungeons.
    I play a Dragonknight and i am at the point in thinking they need have Different armor caps for armor types or remove spiked armor all together, make immovable un usable unless your wearing 5 or more pieces of heavy.
    Wearing light armor and popping abilities to buff your self past Armor cap and still have the broken magica regen is silly. Unfortuantely all the PVP community can see is they are getting spammed by talons in cyrodil by A emperor DK slaughtering forty at a time. the only reason he is rooting them is because he is too lazy to chase them . the result would be the same he is a indestructible mana Pool with AOE. It has nothing to do with talons , inhale, green dragon blood.Those abilities with some one wearing heavy will drain him in 4 casts. It has everything to do with limit less magica, impulse and the ability to spam high cost CC because of certain light armor sets being to powerful,Magica soft cap not working properly , and melee and stamina builds being so under powered this exploit build is the most popular on the server.
    combine that with people using the hacks to go under ground walk above you and every other cheat garbage they can use.
    Half the Damn server will be a Dunnmer DK in light armor using Destro / Resto running these light armor set builds .Right now its severly un balanced melee skills need a big boost across the boards and Stamina abilities a large reduction in cost.
    Options