Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do Sorcs Ever get a reliable self heal for in combat?

Clarebear
Clarebear
✭✭
Do Sorc’s ever get a good basic mobile in combat self heal that doesn’t rely on the rng of crit or a Resto Staff?…examples

Dk’s Dragon’s blood

NB’s with Syphon

Templars well they can pick what they like best from their own healing tree.

DK and NB both also have other class abilities that can morph for heals over time giving them even more self heals.

Thanks for any suggestions on Sorc Self healing VS the other classes.
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just saying, I play a nightblade at vet levels and I find the healing is dreadful and I would kill for crit surge. Crit surge with magelight and impulse/crystal shards is enough to keep you fairly well topped up.

Siphoning, with health morph gives you 80 hp every 2 seconds at the most, it isnt even enough to heal half your hp when you arent even taking damage.
    Edited by glitchmaster999 on May 20, 2014 4:46AM
    Options
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just saying, I play a nightblade at vet levels and I find the healing is dreadful and I would kill for crit surge. Crit surge with magelight and impulse/crystal shards is enough to keep you fairly well topped up.

Siphoning, with health morph gives you 80 hp every 2 seconds at the most, it isnt even enough to heal half your hp when you arent even taking damage.

That's because it's bugged. And you got refreshing path as another heal that you can pair with veil of blades for aoe tanking that doesn't even require a destro staff, while sorc pretty much has to go the boring crystal shard/impulse route.

I'd rather carve my eyes out with a spoon than play a crystal shard spam sorcerer it's the most boring class playstyle I've ever seen.
    Options
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    One sustain ability is bugged, and only to half effectiveness, path of shadow heals me at max rank for 12 hp a second, nightblades have the worst sustain in the game, only decent heal comes from killing something
    Options
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    One sustain ability is bugged, and only to half effectiveness, path of shadow heals me at max rank for 12 hp a second, nightblades have the worst sustain in the game, only decent heal comes from killing something

In exchange you also have burst and a shadow cloak mechanic that lets you exploit the crap out of bosses.

Melee is bad for any class that's not a DK, period.

And you think Critical Surge helps? A shuriken toss from a mob with glitched animation that doesn't show the glow or out of the field of view as melee takes out half your health.

NB does fine prevet content. So do melee sorcerers.

The real problem is with the absurd damage and HP ramp up of even regular veteran rank mobs.

A shuriken toss should not be taking out 60-70% of my HP with 49 points put in health at 2k health. A blocked uppercut should not be taking out 25% of my HP despite blocking.

Vet content is not properly tested and flat out broken, you can do all quests in an area and not rank up so you enter the next one level behind because you gotta PvP and spam dolmens/world bosses to keep up. And the trash rewards. 300g for a quest I just incurred about 400g in repairs just from wear and tear.
    Options
  • Sleepwalker
    Sleepwalker
    ✭✭✭
    Well this thread sure got derailed quickly...

Back on topic. I've been wondering the same as the OP now that my sorc is gaining some momentum. Seems Critical Surge and Dark Extraction are it; the latter being the only one you can count on 100%. If that is the case, it would seem that a sorc that sustains himself or herself really well does not exist until the later levels (i.e. 25-30 and beyond). Agree? Disagree?
    "QUIT CRYIN'! Do some pushups or something!"

Grayfield - V2 Breton Nightblade
    Windspike - 40 Bosmer Sorceror
    Options
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well this thread sure got derailed quickly...

Back on topic. I've been wondering the same as the OP now that my sorc is gaining some momentum. Seems Critical Surge and Dark Extraction are it; the latter being the only one you can count on 100%. If that is the case, it would seem that a sorc that sustains himself or herself really well does not exist until the later levels (i.e. 25-30 and beyond). Agree? Disagree?

My levelling budy is a vet2 sorc, he had troubles with healing until he got magelight, he doesnt use magelight anymore, he just relies on armor passives but he says the heal is rediculous both with aoe spells and melee weapons. It will sustain you if you dont mess about, he heals for about 400 on crystal shards crit and just the instant casts are enough for him to keep himself up in vet conent. Nightblades on the other hand lol.
    Options
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Clarebear wrote: »
    Do Sorc’s ever get a good basic mobile in combat self heal that doesn’t rely on the rng of crit or a Resto Staff?…examples

Dk’s Dragon’s blood

NB’s with Syphon

Templars well they can pick what they like best from their own healing tree.

DK and NB both also have other class abilities that can morph for heals over time giving them even more self heals.

Thanks for any suggestions on Sorc Self healing VS the other classes.

if your stacking Crit, then go with the Critical Surge ability for heals while your attacking, entropy is also nice, however if your not stacking crit dark exchange is nice
    Options
  • Sleepwalker
    Sleepwalker
    ✭✭✭
    So, Magelight (Inner Light I assume?) with Critical Surge is where sorc self-healing comes from generally? It takes awhile to build into both of those, correct?

Mine is killing fast enough to not need so much self healing, but I know I will in the near future. After playing a NB, which I had no problems figuring out and working well with, I'm not used to how Sorc's have their fun while staying alive.
    "QUIT CRYIN'! Do some pushups or something!"

Grayfield - V2 Breton Nightblade
    Windspike - 40 Bosmer Sorceror
    Options