The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Guild stores in Cyrodiil.....Utterly useless?

daienkaib16_ESO
daienkaib16_ESO
Soul Shriven
So, I remember debating the Cyrodiil guild store option with numerous other guild members several months before release, and I found myself actually supporting the Cyrodiil guild store system rather than an auction house or something of that sort. However, given the ease with which keeps can be taken, and given how often they actually switch hands, I feel like this system is just useless overall now that I've actually played the game for a while. Are there any regular users of these Cyrodiil guild stores? It just seems utterly pointless.

Although I don't find the idea of a purely social economy horrendous, I sort of feel robbed, and believe that the economy is quite bland without another system on top of the social economy. I personally believe that it might keep me a little more interested in the economy. Perhaps if guild stores were to be shown to non guild members, we'd have guilds who actually tried to make money collectively rather than having 400 random people in a "trading" guild all serving their own interests.

I can't say I have the most well backed opinions out there, most of this is simply what I feel. Wonder what everyone else's thoughts are, and whether or not a movement to pressure ZOS into doing something about this will actually work.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep stores should be open to the public and should have been so from the start.
    That would benefit both the market and the PvP, and I dont know exactly what are they waiting for.
  • apterous
    apterous
    ✭✭✭
    i sort of remember zos saying that if you claim a keep your can make your guild store open to public. that's not the case though. i wish it was.
  • daienkaib16_ESO
    daienkaib16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    apterous wrote: »
    i sort of remember zos saying that if you claim a keep your can make your guild store open to public. that's not the case though. i wish it was.

I've been under the impression that it is possible, when I go to a quartermaster in a keep, the "guild store" option appears. I assumed that it was related to what ZOS said before about making guild stores public in keeps.

I may be horribly mistaken though.
  • apterous
    apterous
    ✭✭✭
    you need to be member of the guild to use the store.

Edited by apterous on May 20, 2014 2:11AM
  • michaelpatrickjonesnub18_ESO
    several months before release, I found myself actually supporting the Cyrodiil guild store system.

However, given the ease with which keeps can be taken, and given how often they actually switch hands, I feel like this system is just useless.

Congratulations on finally seeing the light.

This system was doomed from the day of it's conception. In an office boardroom. Years ago.
  • Darastix
    Darastix
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, with keeps changing hands so quickly theres no point in have the trade system attatched to the keeps. Untill keeps are difficult to take over, and keeps deeper in the home turf are mega buffed untill the frontline keeps are lost, having a keep store is useless.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Untill there is no real reason to defend a keep they will never be defended.
    A public store would be that reason.
    Edited by Gisgo on May 20, 2014 2:32AM
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gisgo wrote: »

It probably wouldn't be much of an incentive anyway. Hardly anyone goes to Cyrodill except for the DAoC diehards.

It's ~10:30pm and the milkdrinkers on the East Coast must be in bed already. Wabbajack is 3-L-3, Bloodthorn 2-2-3 bars, Auriel's Bow at 2-1-1. The other seven Cyrodiil shards are at 1-1-1 which means no one might be in those so it could actually be 0-0-0 for all we know.
  • daienkaib16_ESO
    daienkaib16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    wrlifeboil wrote: »
    Gisgo wrote: »

It probably wouldn't be much of an incentive anyway. Hardly anyone goes to Cyrodill except for the DAoC diehards.

It's ~10:30pm and the milkdrinkers on the East Coast must be in bed already. Wabbajack is 3-L-3, Bloodthorn 2-2-3 bars, Auriel's Bow at 2-1-1. The other seven Cyrodiil shards are at 1-1-1 which means no one might be in those so it could actually be 0-0-0 for all we know.

I PvP quite a bit myself, but I do realize that not many others do in comparison to what the estimated playerbase is.

Apart from PvP though, I wonder what other VR10s do. I seem to be rather bored aside from Cyrodiil.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again nobody (except daoc players) go to Cyrodiil because there is no reason for them to go there.
    Having one or several shops available would be enough for some players to visit the keeps, and you never know, they might choose to defend the keep (and the shop they are buying from) if it gets attacked and taste some pvp.
  • Pintobean
    Pintobean
    ✭✭✭
    A waste of my time. It will probably be done, putting guild stores open to the public in keeps. It will not provide a global auction house, or even a all faction auction house, just a way for 500 players to expand their customer base for a while. I will be able to buy from six guilds instead of five, provided I am willing to risk life and limb (and TIME) to run to the keep and look at what is for sale?

Not a carrot on a stick, more like a stick on a stick.

More like a placeholder solution that only wastes time for finding a real solution.

Whoopie!

Go ahead and piddle on my lack of inspiration over this development, but once those 500 guild members that go through the trouble of outbidding for the right to sell junk to everyone find they are not even making their bid money back, they may join the voices requesting a real solution.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pintobean wrote: »
    I will be able to buy from six guilds instead of five, provided I am willing to risk life and limb (and TIME) to run to the keep and look at what is for sale?

You know you can teleport to the keep, right?

• Pintobean
    Pintobean
    ✭✭✭
    No, I did not know that.

Good news for the bots and gold sellers, the new system will depend on guilds bidding for the the right to sell to everyone. Finally, a real reason to purchase gold!

Most likely, the winning guild bid will probably be one from a guild with a backlog of duped purple and gold mats, or pre-patch rare motiffs.

Yeah, I can hardly wait.
  • AngryWolf
    AngryWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Not useless, but it's pretty sad guilds need to be formed that's only purpose is to be bank. Defeats the purpose of guilds, but what else can people do. Still really trying to figure out the reason to not have banking outside guilds. People trying to sell stuff in chat is better? It's Bethesda's first MMO though...I get that they are seeing how it goes and making tweaks as needed. Plus it does seem they are listening to feedback. Not much more you can ask for.
  • doggie
    doggie
    ✭✭✭
    What guild will win the guild stores, the trade guilds I'm in/was don't have any money. Should be intresting. But I excpect the devs to have a ace up their sleeves....................................... If this turns out to be another joke.... .. . I demand trial by combat for the devs.