The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

since last maintenance

Artemiisia
Artemiisia
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi ESO

Dont know what you have done with the last maintenance, but it has seriously made my game gone from perfect to broken

Besides all the know bugs of course

now I have
long loading times between zones, some even make it crash to char selection again
I have crashes to desktop about 5 times since
Some times I crash all the way to enter code selecting page
Experience lags more now then ever, even just looting a mob, when trying to open takes sometimes 10 secs, where before it was almost instant

Im on the EU server

running windows 8.1
using ccleaner to clean junk files for system care

and I havent installed anything else since on my computer
  • ZOS_HugoP
    ZOS_HugoP
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings @Artemiisia‌

Make sure that overclocking is turned off for CPU, Graphics Card, and RAM. If you have any hardware that came factory overclocked then return the clock speed to the default setting. Please refer to the manufacturer for the default clock speed.

If your PC was a custom build or built privately please check that the Power supply is adequate for your hardware. For information on the power requirements of your graphics card and power supply output please refer to the relevant manufacturers.
    If you have noticed that the PC is overheating (using any available temperature monitoring software on your PC ), or the fans are louder on average that they were, then this might be caused by dust. Note that for cooling to occur airflow from the fans cannot be blocked.
    Even if you have the latest drivers for your graphics card re-download and reinstall the latest drivers again.

Next please run a memory test to help rule out faulty RAM as a possible cause of the crashing.

To do a memory test:
    • Go to http://www.memtest.org/
    • Click on "Download (Pre-built & ISOs)"
    • If you want to create a CD or DVD, click on "Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)". Make sure that you burn it as a disk image.
    • If you want to put it on a USB flash drive, click on "Download - Auto-installer for USB key (Win 9x/2k/xp/7)", and then open the file and follow the instruction and select your flash drive when prompted.
    • Restart your computer with either the CD/DVD or the flash drive connected.
    • With most systems, you can enter the BIOS by hitting the "Delete" key while the system boots up.
    • In the Boot Device Priority, select your CD/DVD or your flash drive.
    • Memtest should now boot.
    • Once Memtest has completed its scan, note down any errors that occurred. You can stop the scan at any time, but we would advise you run it through at least test number 8.
    • Please let us know if anything else comes up.

Now you need to boot your computer in selective start-up mode

To put your computer in selective start-up mode, follow these steps:
    • Click Start, and type msconfig on the search box
    • Right click on the msconfig.exe program and choose Run as administrator
    • To place your computer into selective start up:
    • On the General Tab at the top, click on the Selective startup radio button
    • Uncheck Load startup items
    • Click on the Services tab at the top
    • On the Services tab check the Hide all Microsoft services check box at the bottom
    • Click the Disable all button at the bottom
    • Click Apply, then click OK
    • Restart your computer

After rebooting your PC in selective start-up mode, please repair your game client

Please also make sure to do the following:
    • Make sure to run both the launcher and the game as a admin and in compatibility mode for Windows XP-SP3 (the game file is located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\ESO.exe):
      • Right-click the file and select Properties at the bottom of the list.
      • Once the Properties window is open, select the Compatibility tab.
      • Select the option to “Run this program in compatibility mode” and from the drop-down menu, select “Windows XP SP3” (it may say Service Pack 3).
      • Select the option “Always run this program as an Administrator” For ease of use, right-click the eso.exe file and select “Send To…”
      • From the subsequent slide-out menu, select “Desktop (Create Shortcut)”. This will allow you a very easy, quick way of opening a game running in compatibility mode.
    • Include an exception for the ESO.exe file (located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\) and the launcher to your anti-virus software and your fire-wall.

Can you provide us a Game Consultant file?
    Edited by ZOS_HugoP on May 19, 2014 10:34AM
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how do I upload the text file, can only chose image
  • ZOS_HugoP
    ZOS_HugoP
    ✭✭✭
    You can just click on the "browse button" to attach a file:

nq1jnlftp3ew.png
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    found it, needed to use Attack a file underneath the text box

I have repaired the game, and so far after it, it runs like normal
    game.txt 103.7K