The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

For the 'it's stupid hard' crowd

• Kingcroft
    Kingcroft
    ✭✭
    I agree that beating a tough boss is in the end very satisfing. I was so stoaked having killed Mennamarco, and others in the main quest line. And finally betting Molag Baal's titan swarm made me happy.
  • michaelpatrickjonesnub18_ESO
    Everything in this game is easy.

This was true for me. Having only grouped for 4-man, while soloing the rest of the game.

But it's important to note, the game was easy because of the heavy player base, and the bots. It would be far more challenging with less characters running around.

See anything tough, wait a minute and someone is bound to pass by, to start beating on the same enemy that you need to beat on.

Furthermore, I see a lot of MMO's where people are grouped up, completely overpowered, bulldozing their way through content. These players learn nothing about survival, or strategy, when it comes to tough fights. Then suddenly, when they find themselves alone, they cry like babies that everything is too hard.

So many times I was asked to group for stuff that I could have solo'd myself. Like a bunch of pansies were playing this game.

Hold my hand while I kill that spider.
  • Phazzle
    Phazzle
    ✭✭✭
    @michaelpatrickjonesnub18_ESO

That's so counter to the normal MMO experience where inability to coordinate is the barrier to progression.
    ESO Traveler
    1. Helping you get the most out of ESO!
    2. Veteran Ranking Guide
    3. Leveling Guide
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay... I for once will be the devil's advocate.

you died in a fight... you are a looser and do not know how to play properly.
    Your build is totally wrong and you need to really learn how to adapt to the situation.
    the game is actually so easy a 3 year old can do it.
    the fight you died a few times in I did easily
    you just need to adjust your build and your strategy.

If you died you lost the game and you are a looser!
    I am absolutely against making things easier for those weaklings that can not manage to play the game properly.

You died...you are a weakling...full stop! Yes, I am talking to you you weakling. you smashed your char and that proves my point.

Yes, these statements are inflammatory...and I hate them. Yet these are the very same opinions that are uttered again and again against those who wish for a grouping option for the tough solo fights in the game.

I can only say again... If your Char died in a fight you lost and that means you are a looser. If you need more than 10 seconds to figure out how to beat a boss you ought to play another game.

How does this go down with you high and mighty people who so haughtily look down on others who are not so high and mighty as you are. I really do not care if you smash you char again and again. I really give not a rear-wind....if you managed after 3,5,10 trials actually to figure out how to defeat a Boss.

Your achievement in overcoming an obstacle means nothing to me at all, and yet you brag about it as if it was of any importance.

Well, yes, to you it is important.

So why do you speak against others wishing to overcome a challenge in their own way. To me personally, having finally sussed out a way to out-smart the game's programmers does not provide any satisfaction at all. I have done this many times quite successfully, even in this game. However, what gives me satisfaction is allowing others to play the game in a way that is enjoyable to them. If they want a group option...okay, give them a group option. It does not take away from my enjoyment of the game, and neither does it add to it.

My apologies if I offended someone...my intention was and is to have you feel the pointy end of the stick. Allow a choice to those who wish for it. And no, having a choice playing solo or in a group is not a Nerf. It is just a choice.

• Phazzle
    Phazzle
    ✭✭✭
    ESO Traveler
    2. Veteran Ranking Guide
    3. Leveling Guide
  • Selstad
    Selstad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some quest objectives come out as fairly impossible for certain classes. Per example, I got a task on VR8 to kill 2 storm antronachs. Alone. As a sorcerer with 7 in light armour I thought that it would be a challenge but, I have killed a couple of elites by myself, took 10 minutes and some legwork but, it was manageable.

Not these antronachs though. They are immune to CC, every bit of CC, can't be knocked down, can't be slowed down, can't be rooted. Nothing. Too strong for that. And to boot it all, they have a truckload of HP and hits like a truck. I tried with my pets, I tried burning it down, I tried staff DPSing/healing etc etc. I tried my whole arsenal of weaponry, every skill I could think of, every strategy I could muster out. I have yet to kill 1 antronach, I just had to move on at that point. Luckily enough, it's not part of Cadwell's quest line. But those antronachs are still up and in my quest log. Another quest I had was where I had to kill an ogrim thing and the *beep* that summoned him. Now I could deal with one thing but both at the same time? So I had an Orgrim chasing me around, me CCing him like mad, while a *beep* tossed fire at me and sparked me with a lightning staff (which counts as weapon and not spell damage thus hurting like hell due to being physical mitigation) while making some AoE circle on the ground. And here I am, running like mad, trying to stay alive, healing myself, CCing the orgrim, dodging everything and what do you know? Out of magica. I had not done any damage for guess what; The orgrim had healed himself up.

I don't mind a challenge in this game, I love it. Many things have stood out as very hard, but I've always managed to figure out a strategy that would work out. Those 2 fights above me? One I haven't managed and the other bugged out for me, giving me quest credit by despawning the monsters. I'm not proud, but I had to get through it. It's not as much about difficulty but actually having a chance to do it. Some fights just stands out as down right impossible for certain classes due to the nature of the fight. I don't mind dying, I've done that a good few times, but when you die simply to get past certain monsters guarding an area you're going to, then there's a fundamental design flaw in the game.
  • Phazzle
    Phazzle
    ✭✭✭
    Selstad wrote: »
    Some quest objectives come out as fairly impossible for certain classes. Per example, I got a task on VR8 to kill 2 storm antronachs. Alone. As a sorcerer with 7 in light armour I thought that it would be a challenge but, I have killed a couple of elites by myself, took 10 minutes and some legwork but, it was manageable.

Not these antronachs though. They are immune to CC, every bit of CC, can't be knocked down, can't be slowed down, can't be rooted. Nothing. Too strong for that. And to boot it all, they have a truckload of HP and hits like a truck. I tried with my pets, I tried burning it down, I tried staff DPSing/healing etc etc. I tried my whole arsenal of weaponry, every skill I could think of, every strategy I could muster out. I have yet to kill 1 antronach, I just had to move on at that point. Luckily enough, it's not part of Cadwell's quest line. But those antronachs are still up and in my quest log. Another quest I had was where I had to kill an ogrim thing and the *beep* that summoned him. Now I could deal with one thing but both at the same time? So I had an Orgrim chasing me around, me CCing him like mad, while a *beep* tossed fire at me and sparked me with a lightning staff (which counts as weapon and not spell damage thus hurting like hell due to being physical mitigation) while making some AoE circle on the ground. And here I am, running like mad, trying to stay alive, healing myself, CCing the orgrim, dodging everything and what do you know? Out of magica. I had not done any damage for guess what; The orgrim had healed himself up.

I don't mind a challenge in this game, I love it. Many things have stood out as very hard, but I've always managed to figure out a strategy that would work out. Those 2 fights above me? One I haven't managed and the other bugged out for me, giving me quest credit by despawning the monsters. I'm not proud, but I had to get through it. It's not as much about difficulty but actually having a chance to do it. Some fights just stands out as down right impossible for certain classes due to the nature of the fight. I don't mind dying, I've done that a good few times, but when you die simply to get past certain monsters guarding an area you're going to, then there's a fundamental design flaw in the game.

I have soloed nearly all of the bosses I've downed. I also had one that I simply couldn't handle. It was also a two boss fight. I tried about four times and I died within 3 seconds each time. So, yeah, that fight might need rebalanced, but it's a small complaint after dozens of good boss fights.

I am not arguing that the fights don't need balanced, I am just trying to help people put the challenge into perspective. Some people think 'balance' means an across the board nerf. That would be tragic.
    ESO Traveler
    2. Veteran Ranking Guide
    3. Leveling Guide
  • poochie
    poochie
    ✭✭✭
    Playing siphon+pure bow and using dots and plinking away at tier 1 caster bosses and winning is damn near impossible because there is nothing to hide behind that LOS the tier 1 caster so that I can have a sec or 3 breathing time to regen MP or stam. I barely beat Montclair at VR8 playing my way and in the end I ended up dying but also killed him in the process. I still think that Silver Bolts and whatever upgrade the player takes should knock down "ANY" DAEDRA-DREMORA-UNDEAD-VAMPIRE-WEREWOLF! That includes any story tiered boss like Montclair or that undead werewolf dude. If not then to me that's just mofo'n cheatin...
  • YourNameHere
    YourNameHere
    ✭✭✭
    I find TESO challenging, but nothing that has made me pull my hair out from frustration.

I do have a character I play with my husband, but my NB/Bow/Siphon/MedArm is my main, and she's almost level 40!

I do have problems with more than 3 mobs, but if I can get far enough waya and Snipe kill one, Snare another, Poison and siphon health from another, I can pretty much run around and kill with DoTs. It's not perfect but doable.

I think TESO is a mix of finding the right class for you, learning the best way to use it, and learning mechanics of fights. I do think some things need nerfs (I do know about the Doshia fight. The one faction in a tiny cave area was just a PITA).

Here's hoping for better balancing and less nerfing.
    NA Megaserver / RPer
    Alinyssa Gaethar - AD || Raahni-do - AD || Wind-In-Tree's-Shadow - DC
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forced Solo content in this game either

A. Needs to be removed...its stupid you cant play with a friend or get help on this sort of content.

B. SHOULD NOT be the hardest content you can find in the game. Anybody who thinks otherwise is a just plain stupid. Think about your 1st boss fight in the game escaping cold harbor.

Imagine your stuck there cause you simply cant beat the boss its too hard. Everybody tell you to learn to play blah blah blah but simply put the content is only beatable by less than 1% of the people who attempt the content. This would cause people to quit rather fast.

There is a LOT of forced solo content in this game that for no better reason seems to be flat out killing player with "white" damage not even game mechanics.

Content in this game SHOULD be hard but it SHOULDNT be the forced solo content. I DO agree that would bosses should ONLY be soloable by the more elite players using good tactics that EVERYBODY can do on all classes.

But on that same note World Bosses/Dungeon Bosses and Dark Anchors SHOULD scale in difficulty the more people taking on the same content at the same time to make it more enjoyable. Also adding bosses with dodge/block mechanics. Maybe even Multiple bosses if there is enough people.
  • Phazzle
    Phazzle
    ✭✭✭
    I find TESO challenging, but nothing that has made me pull my hair out from frustration.

I do have a character I play with my husband, but my NB/Bow/Siphon/MedArm is my main, and she's almost level 40!

Make an appointment with your stylist when you get to veteran content!
    Edited by Phazzle on May 19, 2014 1:37AM
    ESO Traveler
    2. Veteran Ranking Guide
    3. Leveling Guide
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shaun98ca2 wrote: »
    Anybody who thinks otherwise is a just plain stupid.

Telling a forum that if they do not agree with you they are stupid. Sure to impress.
    but simply put the content is only beatable by less than 1% of the people who attempt the content. This would cause people to quit rather fast.

But that is not this game. While I am not opposed to allowing 2 people to do current solo content, most people can complete it solo. Despite the complaint threads, the number who cannot do it is probably like 1%.

Also adding bosses with dodge/block mechanics. Maybe even Multiple bosses if there is enough people.

There are teleporting and spell reflect mobs at least. I got knocked on my butt with my own crystal shards this weekend by a hag mob with a bubble.
  • Phazzle
    Phazzle
    ✭✭✭
    @Shaun98ca2‌

Clearly trolling
    ESO Traveler
    2. Veteran Ranking Guide
    3. Leveling Guide
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its understandable to be concerned about things being watered down to the point of not being a challenge. But at the same time. Taking the complete opposite position of 'No Nerfs, No Way, No How' is just as much an extreme as demanding things being watered down.

Every game needs to be balanced. Things will require nerfs and buffs. That's as much apart of an MMO as any other aspect.

Just because you went through a part of content that was 'easy' or acceptably hard for you doesn't mean other classes or builds are finding it 'easy' or acceptably hard.

Theres not one way to do things right here. Knee-jerk reacting to people calling for nerfs aren't going to put a stop to them. Its also not being constructive or useful for Elder Scrolls Online.

Telling ZOS Devs that youre in disagreement with the nerf is one thing. But if you cant acknowledge that theres something wrong. Then you probably shouldn't be weighing in on the topic.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • aleister
    aleister
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phazzle wrote: »
    I have seen more than a few posts calling for nerfs, and I get it.

You are willfully misrepresenting what people are asking for. If you bothered to read the thread, you would see two things being called for:
    • Balance - bosses are either ridiculously easy and unchallenging or "stupid hard" rarely anything in between. And as others have pointed out, some of them are nigh impossible without respeccing your character.
    • Solo-only content has no place in an 'MMO" - if you want to solo it - great - but let the rest of us get help when we are stuck. This takes nothing away from you. You can still come back to the forums and brag about how great you are. The rest of us can move on and enjoy the game.

If anything, should ZOS listen and fix this, it would result in more bosses getting a buff.
    Edited by aleister on May 19, 2014 2:31AM
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I feel no achievement at all in getting through a difficult fight.

I'm not a "that was tough, I feel great for doing it" kinda guy ..... i'm a "well that's over, show me the shiny" kinda guy.

And there is no shiny.

A lot of those *on the edge of your seat* fights reward me with a pathetic amount of gold that was hardly worth the effort it took to code it into the loot tables.

Remember that old saying "big risk, big reward" .... welcome to ESO .... big risk, here have some loose change.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aleister wrote: »

You are willfully misrepresenting what people are asking for. If you bothered to read the thread, you would see two things being called for:
    • Balance - bosses are either ridiculously easy and unchallenging or "stupid hard" rarely anything in between. And as others have pointed out, some of them are nigh impossible without respeccing your character.
    • Solo-only content has no place in an 'MMO" - if you want to solo it - great - but let the rest of us get help when we are stuck. This takes nothing away from you. You can still come back to the forums and brag about how great you are. The rest of us can move on and enjoy the game.

If anything, should ZOS listen and fix this, it would result in more bosses getting a buff.

This describes the actual position for those of us advocating it. I really hope this does get fixed. I do believe that grouping would solve it without any need for further nerfing.

• Phazzle
    Phazzle
    ✭✭✭

from your thread
    I'm all for a challenge. I really am. But there are far too many fights in this game that are just stupidly, ridiculously and pointlessly difficult. I want to progress, I want to enjoy the content. I do not want to spend hours retrying and dying over and over and over and over on the same fight. I'm sure the group I'm in probably doesn't know the ONE secret strategy to taking this boss down or maybe I don't know it when I'm forced into one of these asinine solo-only missions -- either way, I'm sick of it!

Balance the game. I don't care how you do it. Give the hardcore types the the "absurdly difficult" option, give them greater rewards, I don't care, but let the rest of us progress.

You call for balance, and so do I. I think that our definition of balance might be quite different though.

Also, I have found and others here agree that most of the fights are doable, if difficult, even if your spec is sub-optimal. See the video in my OP.

also from your thread...

I wish more of these players that find the whole game a cakewalk would post more videos and other information online as to what they are doing to help the rest of us out. Every time I get stuck, I go looking. In a lot of cases, what I often find is that you need to exploit a weakness in the AI "drag the boss over to this corner so the adds don't aggro" or something like that. That's cheap. But I get the impression though from many of these posts that the L2P types don't want others to progress. They want it to be an exclusive club. If that's what ZOS is going for, I wish they'd just say so, but somehow I doubt it. Most of these just seem like they didn't test & balance them well enough especially ones where middle bosses are crazy hard, but the final boss is trivially easy.

But in general, I agree. Just getting rid of forced solo-only quests would solve this and it doesn't need to take anything away from anyone else.

Agro mechanics are an indelible part of MMOs. Get used to them. If you can gain an advantage by moving something into an area where it can be controlled then do it. It is not broken. If you are upset that quests are too hard because they are glitchy then that is an entirely different argument.

I do want you to progress. I have a blog dedicated to helping people progress. No one doesn't want you to progress. As far as the 'forced solo' content goes I agree that you shouldn't be forced to do content solo, but by the same token I don't think that there is any content that will absolutely prevent you from progressing, and I the people who cannot progress comprise a very small group. Contrary to what you may believe about me, I do not think that I am the best gamer in the world. I progress through content slowly but surely by trial and error, just like everybody else here.

For instance, the fight that I posted in my OP would have been impossible had I not done it exactly the way I did it. My skill level is not what pushed me past that boss. I downed her because I tried stuff until something worked. It sounds like you have done the same. Are there really any fights that you ABSOLUTELY cannot do (I would honestly love to see the videos if you have them, I might be able to help); and I mean can't come back once you have leveled, have better gear, or have filled out skills in another tree? There's a boss that I left behind recently, but I'll be back once I am prepared to kick his ass! I am leveling heavy armor for that very reason (that, and I want to tank sometimes).

In the end, it's really a moot point, as you will soon see. The powers that be will adjust the content by whatever verb (balance, nerf, etc.) that you choose to apply to the change. If you can't get through content now, you will be able to soon enough.
    Edited by Phazzle on May 19, 2014 3:33AM
    ESO Traveler
    2. Veteran Ranking Guide
    3. Leveling Guide
  • Phazzle
    Phazzle
    ✭✭✭
    No, I feel no achievement at all in getting through a difficult fight.

I'm not a "that was tough, I feel great for doing it" kinda guy ..... i'm a "well that's over, show me the shiny" kinda guy.

And there is no shiny.

A lot of those *on the edge of your seat* fights reward me with a pathetic amount of gold that was hardly worth the effort it took to code it into the loot tables.

Remember that old saying "big risk, big reward" .... welcome to ESO .... big risk, here have some loose change.

I am the 'that was tough, I feel great..." kind of guy so can you appreciate my distress at the though of reducing this game to the Easter egg hunt that you describe?
    Edited by Phazzle on May 19, 2014 3:29AM
    ESO Traveler
    2. Veteran Ranking Guide
    3. Leveling Guide
  • Gigamatic
    Gigamatic
    Soul Shriven
    I'll make it simple, this is not an RPG game! You aren't meant to "respec" or "regear" of that magnitude just to accomplish a goal. IE; killing a mob. Those of you who say that on here, have the wrong mindset to ESO. This is an mmo where you pick a race, class, and build that you enjoy. Subtle changes I understand, swapping 1 skill for another, maybe a piece of gear, but some of you are talking about completely redoing what you "like" to play, to what you "need" to play. That should never happen in any game. All content should be manageable with any spec, that includes minor tweaks if necessary. No more no less. Stop turning this game into something that it is not.

This game needs balance! Someone with X class/spec should be able to do the same content just like someone with Y class/spec. That's what an mmo is. Btw, don't bring in the "what about healer spec" nonsense. That spec has a specific role within the mmo world.

Again it's an MMO, and if the community would accept that, maybe ZOS will do what's needed to make the game enjoyable for EVERYONE. Simple fact, if only 10% of the player base plays 6 months from now, there won't be a game to play.
  • WilliamTee
    WilliamTee
    ✭✭✭
    Difference in this game is that you need to pay attention in combat. If you miss dodges and blocks you will fail. And die.

It is less forgiving than other games, but greater challenge entails greater longevity.

There is probably only one enemy in the game i would nerf...

Storm Atronachs.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am the 'that was tough, I feel great..." kind of guy so can you appreciate my distress at the though of reducing this game to the Easter egg hunt that you describe?

I do appreciate your view.

I'm not asking them to change anything. I realise i'm not going to find what I want in this game.

I only came to this game because i'm an Elder Scrolls fan. While it does have the same "feel", it doesn't have the same mechanics. Looting everything and hoarding it in my house.

I know it wouldn't work in an MMO and to be honest I don't know what I was expecting when I bought it but I know I was expecting more than a 15 minute boss fight that rewards me with 3 gold. The fights cost me more in repairs than i'm getting out of them.

The challenge itself doesn't bother me but there is no motivation for me to push myself in the game when the rewards are crap.

Without spoilers i'll take the end of the main story and the end of Coldharbour the zone ..... 2 of the most anti climatic events to happen in the game. You get nothing for it. The "end" of the story and it basically pats you on the back and then sends you off to the other factions zones.

Sod that, I want the shiny.

With that being said, and as I mentioned above, I know I won;t get that here so i'm back to working on mods for Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I'll make my own rewards.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Fearce‌

Some quests are tougher than others based on your spec. I've decided at this point that it is more efficient to slog through 1 out of 10 hard fights rather than do a respect or go up a talent tree that will take days to fill out.

I usually own any boss fight with a humanoid boss because I can stun-lock the hell out of them. Most fights are doable, I've only had to walk away from one completely.

@AlexDougherty‌

I don't get it. If you are dying because you are figuring a fight out then you're not dying for 'no reason.' It wouldn't be challenging if every fight was obvious. That would be super boring.

I loved that Doshia fight. Doshias are one of the tougher fights for me. I usually die a couple of times. On that very fight I had to run into the corner five or six times and drop agro until I figured out the timing and rotation so that I could dps down the orbs. That was a great fight.

You dont understand.

Ill get the video link in a minute. On EP shes crammed in a corner. The orb spawns practically on top of her. Her attavks are wonky as all hell and harvesters dont really like to move.

Was one in the way to Molag Bal I think it was.. had to sneak past. Four deaths and couldnt see the damn orbs.

http://youtu.be/ZMGBC5eKPRo

Missed an orb way in the back that was behind her. She likes to try to back up away from you as she's a caster until she transforms. Most people aren't going to know you'd be best off pulling her as a "turn and burn" and spin her around so she runs more towards the center of the room.

You'll also notice her wave attack bugged out and went straight up due to the terrain.

That whole fight on EP is a pain in the arse with positioning.
    Edited by Sakiri on May 19, 2014 4:51AM
  • Phazzle
    Phazzle
    ✭✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »
    @Fearce‌

Some quests are tougher than others based on your spec. I've decided at this point that it is more efficient to slog through 1 out of 10 hard fights rather than do a respect or go up a talent tree that will take days to fill out.

I usually own any boss fight with a humanoid boss because I can stun-lock the hell out of them. Most fights are doable, I've only had to walk away from one completely.

@AlexDougherty‌

I don't get it. If you are dying because you are figuring a fight out then you're not dying for 'no reason.' It wouldn't be challenging if every fight was obvious. That would be super boring.

I loved that Doshia fight. Doshias are one of the tougher fights for me. I usually die a couple of times. On that very fight I had to run into the corner five or six times and drop agro until I figured out the timing and rotation so that I could dps down the orbs. That was a great fight.

You dont understand.

Ill get the video link in a minute. On EP shes crammed in a corner. The orb spawns practically on top of her. Her attavks are wonky as all hell and harvesters dont really like to move.

Was one in the way to Molag Bal I think it was.. had to sneak past. Four deaths and couldnt see the damn orbs.

http://youtu.be/ZMGBC5eKPRo

Missed an orb way in the back that was behind her. She likes to try to back up away from you as she's a caster until she transforms. Most people aren't going to know you'd be best off pulling her as a "turn and burn" and spin her around so she runs more towards the center of the room.

You'll also notice her wave attack bugged out and went straight up due to the terrain.

That whole fight on EP is a pain in the arse with positioning.

Yeah, it looks a little wonky, and needs a fix. I don't think that anyone would struggle too hard with that quest, honestly. You seemed to do fine despite missing an orb. I don't know what attempt that was for you but I remember having a much harder time myself.

That's not the kind of hard boss that is the subject of this thread though. Some people act like the sky is falling because the content is impassible. If something's buggy then it needs fixed, but it's not a 'difficulty' complaint it's a 'bug' complaint.

Props for making a vid and putting it on YouTube though. Way to expand the knowledge base.
    Edited by Phazzle on May 19, 2014 5:49AM
    ESO Traveler
    2. Veteran Ranking Guide
    3. Leveling Guide
  • Daethz
    Daethz
    ✭✭✭
    This game is not that hard, I rather enjoy its difficulty.
    However a Select Few Mobs, in Veteran Content, need nerfs.
    -Gargoyles, They hit too hard, you are FORCED to kite them regaurdless of spec, plus they have tons of health, turns into a 2-5 minute kite-o-rama.
    -Mammoths (Havent Experienced)
    -Thunder Rock Guys? (Not Real Name)
    -Harvesters, their Oneshot 3-shot multishot is getting REALLY OLD, especially when 2-3 spawn at the same time at a dolmen.
    Edited by Daethz on May 19, 2014 5:50AM
    Waiting, and watching, for the return of Melee Weapons.
    -Subsidiary of The Fighters Guild
  • Phazzle
    Phazzle
    ✭✭✭
    Daethz wrote: »
    -Gargoyles, They hit too hard, you are FORCED to kite them regaurdless of spec, plus they have tons of health, turns into a 2-5 minute kite-o-rama.
    -Harvesters, their Oneshot 3-shot multishot is getting REALLY OLD, especially when 2-3 spawn at the same time at a dolmen.

Again, I can agree with this. Gargoyles, in particular (I had forgotten about those ***!). For the most part though I would say that the content is pretty balanced. I'm looking for tweaks in the next patch, not a complete overhaul.
    ESO Traveler
    2. Veteran Ranking Guide
    3. Leveling Guide
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @phazzle its my first attempt and shes +2 overlevelled.

I recently started a new character and will be documenting all of the fights, even if I have to wipe after testing cc to note what does and does not work. I usually adapt on the fly, so I never remember what did or did not work.

Silver bolts makes most of these fights trivial too.
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daethz wrote: »

Oh yes... I love this line of argument. How does it go...
    things are not too hard until I hit on something that is too hard for Me....
    and that which it too hard for ME needs to be changed. Never mind other players opinion that they find fights difficult that I find easy.

No, this is not about the Game...my comments are about the really stupid arguments brought forward in support of an indefensible position in a discussion.

If this game is not that hard than the fights YOU find too hard are not too hard either and no changes ought to be made at all. People, learn to think before you write something really stupid.
  • Spiritreaver_ESO
    Spiritreaver_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen more than a few posts calling for nerfs, and I get it. It's ok to be frustrated with the game for being hard, but I wanted to share a recent experience to put things in perspective. I was doing 'Something Rotten' at VT 3 the quest where you have to beat down four 11k HP Mammoths. It was really tough as a medium armor wearing melee character.

Each mammoth took about two minutes of dodging, strafing, and running for my life. I died about 10 times before I finally found a reliable method for DPSing them...and then I died about 5 more times. I was right there with you while I was doing it. Saying in my head 'this is unbalanced,' and 'this isn't fun.' After the fact, however, I woke up and realized that it was pretty fun.

Look, in a few weeks I'm sure we'll get a nerf. It's just the way MMOs go. After the hardcores get through the content, they nerf it. I have seen it in half-a-dozen other games. When it does get nerfed though, I'll be able to say that I did it when it was 'stupid hard.' Isn't that something that you should want too? I mean come on, do you remember how hard those 8 bit Nintendo games were?

edit:

I searched for this poll but didn't see it so I started a poll Anonymous poll: Veteran Solo Bosses, too hard? Please contribute if you can.

edit:

Here is a video of a tough fight with a tough boss that required several attempts and some strategy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OiH1t_u67I

Simple fix would be to do something SE did for a while in Final Fantasy XI. For major fights in the CoP expansion, there were sometimes an accompanying quest that yielded special fight items once completed. This items could be farmed before the big fight and used during it to weaken boss in various ways.

I hated that expansion, but that mechanic was pretty cool. The uber leet 1337 crowd could crow on endlessly about how they curb-stomped Boss X on their own. Likewise, the average player could get the clear and progress as well.

Win win for everyone.

• jockeleijon
    jockeleijon
    Soul Shriven
    I can live with level of difficulty even though i'm a casual player (and old with slow reflexes). What i don't like is when i get no "warning".
    An example: When you make your way up in The Tower of Worms it's fairly easy going , exept from an optional "gargoyle?", then you get locked in with Minnimarco where you die (at least i did) to fast to be able to see what's happening and to work out a strategy. A little more resistance on the way up would have given me some warning that i wasn't ready for that yet.
    It's not a very big problem, i'll go back later, but it's an annoying quest design.