The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Finally... My Elder Scrolls Moment

Phantax
Phantax
✭✭✭✭✭
I'll be the first to admit I've openly complained about this game, or more specifically its faults, but I do truly love it. That said one things has always eluded me and that was that sense I was playing Elder Scrolls, that I was in Tamriel. Until now....

I decided to take a break from the monotonous grind that is VR and just go explore, no goals, no objective, just walk around. So... I see a hill with some structures on top, I go climb it and wow !

btux57fvovbd.png
On reaching the top of the hill I found this, beautiful ruins.

61xsbb23nzrx.png
Taking a step back to enjoy the ruins in all their glory

As I turned around to back down the other side of the hill I saw this, and for me, this is what I had waited so long for...
wqlmtmuexu60.png
Its not just the fact that the view is astonishing. Looking down the hill I can see more ruins in the distance just waiting to be explored. A small road winds its way into the distance and I actually found myself wondering what was at the other end !

That one view, those few brief moments for me summed up everything Elder Scrolls Online needed to achieve, it was an Elder Scrolls game. I spent the next few moments just turning around, enjoying that fantastically beautiful view. Then I logged out ( I figured it just doesn't get any better than that and what a great way to end a days gaming)

More memorable moments-

A View to Keep
76vo59z6fkca.png

Cliffs in the Mist
fn64ep3refxx.png

Riften at Dawn
2pk826zydrfm.png
Edited by Phantax on May 19, 2014 5:21PM
High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • AppMaker96
    Where is that?
    Options
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eastmarch, way over on the west side
    Options
  • Iven
    Iven
    Soul Shriven
    Amazing sights. I actually went to check it out just because of your pictures. Thanks.
    Options
  • vincentvash
    I've had this experience myself the other day. I end up just walking in any sort of direction and i am wowed by the time it took to create this beautiful world and then i'm like hey wait i i was supposed to save those people from the fire...meh.. look a dear with a fluffy tail!!!
    Options
  • lavendercat
    lavendercat
    ✭✭
    i explore all the time, its my favorite thing to do. :)

i was kind of worried about how the game would turn out. i have been waiting for it since they announced they were going to make an mmo, but as it grew closer i kept seeing bad reviews. even my brother said it was going to be terrible.

but, ive been playing for about a week and i absolutely love the game. i am just enjoying it so much. its got everything i could ask for in a game, and more. <3

also, ive never really bothered much about the lore before, but this game has made me much more interested. im especially fascinated with the argonians, and i cant wait to visit black marsh.

:)
    hello :)
    Options
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Added 3 new pics - 'Riften at Dawn', 'Cliffs in the Mist' and 'A View to Keep'

Hope you enjoy

:)
    Edited by Phantax on May 19, 2014 5:28PM
    Options
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by ZiRM on May 19, 2014 5:34PM
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
    Options
  • ZOS_LeroyW
    ZOS_LeroyW
    ✭✭
    Hey, folks,

We're closing this thread, as it is a duplicate of this one. Please head there to continue the conversation!
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.