Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

The Storm Ranger

Syphr54
Syphr54
Soul Shriven
As I have no idea where people can post their class builds, I'll post it here.

A character build for me is based upon the personality, background and specialty of the character. It often happens the result is a character who is not min/maxed, but is based around a certain theme I had in mind. That doesn't mean the builds are useless. Quite the contrary, I think most of these builds are powerful in their own right. I already have experience in releasing my builds to the public on The Skyrim Blog. Having built a ranger, I decided to give the standard class a touch of arcane power...

"Harvesting the power of the storms and bombarding the enemy with thunder enchanted arrows, I give you the Storm Ranger. Able to disintegrate its opponents from a distance or up close and personal with its daggers, this Bosmer is a force to be reckoned with!"

Primary: The Bow
Venom Arrow:
Being able to stun spell-casters is a huge advantage as an archer against mages. Holding the melee fighters in check with Bombard, you have your chance to take the mage down and stun him when he/she charges his/her spell. This helps you avoid damage during the fight with the melee mobs. A nice plus is the extra dps.

Bombard:
The bread and butter of every bow-based build. The AoE damage, the 3 seconds root and the 6.5 seconds snare, gives you a substantial advantage against melee based mobs and players. It is not flawless however, nightblades can still get you with their teleport strike, but as a counter, you have Streak to use.

Mages' Wrath:
I call this skill "the Finisher", when a regular mobs' HP drops below 20%, it is always the killing blow when you cast this spell. The AoE damage is nice to have, when you have to fight a group. However, as it costs quite a bit of mana, do not use this spell against an enemy with 100% health as you will only deal a fraction of the damage the spell is capable to deal.

Liquid Lightning:
For the AoE attack I could choose between Volley or Liquid Lightning. As I wanted to save the stamina for dodging and the Barrage spam, I chose Liquid Lightning as the AoE attack. In combination with Barrage and Venom Arrow, this spell is devastating for groups of mobs or players, capable of taking 30-50% of the health away in just a few seconds. Conduit is incredibly powerful when your group knows what its doing during zerg and group dungeon fights.

Streak:
Your escape line, a lot of people tend to say this skill is OP, I think it's not. When you are in the middle of a fight, your magicka is already low and allows you to teleport once (maybe twice) to get away from danger. The distance between you and the enemy still gives enemy casters and archers the chance to take you down if you are low on health. The extra damage can help to kill melee players on low health who are trying to get away from you.

Power Overload:
The "Kamehameha", the other option with magicka regen is somewhat pointless, as you already recover magicka at a faster rate, thanks to the light armor you are wearing. Power Overload is in my vision the ultimate attack of a Storm Ranger, and being able to deal high amounts of damage in a cone shaped AoE attack, this attack is vital in group dungeons, anchor fights and big zerg vs zerg fights in the pvp.

Secondry: Dual Wield
Blood Craze:
Being low on armor, the healing definitely helps to survive the fight in melee. The bleeding is also quite nice to add dps to your melee attacks. Skeletons and atronachs are creatures you have to watch out for though, as Blood Craze is totally pointless to use against them.

Rapid Strikes:
In combination with Critical Surge, this attack is your main source for healing during combat. Capable of dishing out damage with quick strikes and giving you a boost in attack speed, this skill is mandatory for any dual wield based build.

Thundering Presence:
In my opinion the best skill ever for dual wielders. The skill gives you armor and spell resistance and deals shock damage every second for 8.7 seconds. The amount of armor you get from this spell varies on level, but I can confidently say, it pretty much triples the amount of armor you have normally. From my experience you are pretty much invincible for 8.7 seconds, when you combine this skill with Critical Surge and Rapid Strikes, all the while dealing dps to the mobs/players around you.

Critical Surge:
Having named this skill a couple of times already, this skill adds damage and gives you a 60% of the dealt damage heal on every critical hit you make. Combine this with a Rapid Strike spam and Blood Craze, and you can quickly recover lost health after Thundering Presence wears off.

Equipment
I use 5 pieces of medium armor and 2 pieces of light armor. The medium armor for the stamina recovery, increased attack speed and increased critical hit, gives this build a solid foundation for the stamina consuming attacks. The 2 pieces of light armor slightly improve magicka recovery, spell resistance and lower magicka costs for spells. All armor is enchanted for extra health and magicka for a little bit more survivability.

The Storm Ranger uses her bow as primary weapon, backed up with daggers to get up close and personal when needed. Both weapons are enchanted with extra shock damage, to utilise the 10% chance to disintegrate from the according passive.

I hope you guys like my first ESO build, I still have to discover what enchanting and set items have to offer this build, so it is not completely finished yet, but those are just details I'll happily share when I'm ready. I have a lot of fun playing this build in PvE and PvP, although some fights can be difficult to do, this build gives you more than enough tools to approach the same fight differently.

Thank you very much for reading and happy hunting!

Ps. My English is not my primary language, so please be lenient to grammatical errors in the text.