Armor and sneaking

Faustes
Faustes
✭✭✭
Does anyone else find it silly that a full heavy armor tank dragonknight sneaks just as effectively as a full light armor nightblade in terms of detection?

Edited by Faustes on May 17, 2014 1:24PM
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    If so yes - every piece of heavy armor should cause a reduction in sneak ability.
    Options
  • misterme2011
    misterme2011
    ✭✭
    Yes, definitely. I loved the sneak mechanics in Skyrim and the skill levelling. The implementation in ESO is boring and less 'realistic'. Does it even account for lighting conditions, shadows etc? I find I can sneak in broad daylight in open sight, so less care and path-planning is required compared to Skyrim.
    Faustes wrote: »
    Does anyone else find it silly that a full heavy armor tank dragonknight sneaks just as effectively as a full light armor nightblade in terms of detection?

Options
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty much considering going heavy/light armour with my Nightblade because Medium seems pointless.
    Options
  • Xancathb16_ESO
    Xancathb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, definitely. I loved the sneak mechanics in Skyrim and the skill levelling. The implementation in ESO is boring and less 'realistic'. Does it even account for lighting conditions, shadows etc? I find I can sneak in broad daylight in open sight, so less care and path-planning is required compared to Skyrim.
    Faustes wrote: »

The mechanics of stealth in ESO are at least somewhat realistic; Detection radius in front of the target is considerably larger than behind the target, and you DO sneak better in medium armour than heavy armour.

I suspect the reason they haven't also made light armour superior for sneaking is for balance concerns, it's already the most popular armour type because of how important magicka-based perks are to the four classes.

Lighting does not affect sneak at all to my knowledge.
    Options
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes but i wonder if there is something broken (bug).
    Its like every armor is getting the stealth bonus that only medium armor should get.
    You cant find heavy/light armor stealthers unless you are literally on them.
    Whats the point of a 2 meters stealth buff if the radius is already 20 cm.?
    Edited by Gisgo on May 19, 2014 4:17PM
    Options
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and you DO sneak better in medium armour than heavy armour.

You dont. You can sneak longer, and move faster, but at the moment you dont hide better than light/heavy armor stealthers.

Options
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    Gisgo wrote: »

You dont. You can sneak longer, and move faster, but at the moment you dont hide better than light/heavy armor stealthers.
    Improved Sneak decreases detection radius.
    "I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!"
    Options
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still_Mind wrote: »

Which to be fair, doesn't seem to do a thing. You can be on top of someone sneaking in heavy armour and still not see them. I'm slowly moving to 5 light/2 medium right now, 5 medium doesn't seem worth it.
    Options
  • Jeremy_gelber_ESO
    Jeremy_gelber_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Still_Mind wrote: »

in pve. in pvp everyone has the same detection radius. which is either standing ontop of them or magelight range.
    Options
  • DiktaHasi
    DiktaHasi
    ✭✭
    agree with op. i started a discussion in the world skill forum about a skill line, tbh without much response.
    maybe someone is interested: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/97586/sneak-world-skill-line#latest
    Options