Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Faolchu?

zhevon
zhevon
✭✭✭✭
I defeated Faolchu but I was moving around like my feet were stuck in molasses after it started. Was it supposed to be like that? Or was it a bug? Or just a way of making the boss annoying to nightblades (and other who are not designed to take hard hits)? Did I miss a warning about some mystery slow field?
  • Yann
    Yann
    ✭✭✭
    Did you use the fire to paralyze him?
    Options
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks ... yes I figured out what to do, but that wasn't the question(s). The solution itself was fine; but I was curious about why my movement suddenly broken.
    Options
  • mips_winnt
    mips_winnt
    ✭✭✭
    zhevon wrote: »
    I defeated Faolchu but I was moving around like my feet were stuck in molasses after it started. Was it supposed to be like that? Or was it a bug? Or just a way of making the boss annoying to nightblades (and other who are not designed to take hard hits)? Did I miss a warning about some mystery slow field?

There is a bug that I run into from time to time where movement slows to a crawl, generally speaking logging out/back in fixes it. There's also the possibility he hit you from behind with an off balancing shot which will slow your movement temporarily (4 seconds maybe?).

Beyond that there isn't any slow movement effect in that fight that I recall (granted I did it a while back).

Options
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks - it might have been the combo effect of those. I had forgotten about the movement bug.
    Options
  • Belrim
    Belrim
    ✭✭✭
    This boss can be a pain in the backside at Veteran Ranks .. jsut took me 3 attempts to nail it. (on a nightblade, dualwield, so had to run a lot)

Funny thing is, that around when the boss reaches very low health, around 15-10%, i feel like the combat mechanics change. My run speed slows down, and the boss hits me with huge damage.Before the low-health thing i had absolutely no problems keeping my health up.

And it was like this on all three tries, the last one could have very easily been a fail, but got my ultimate ability recharged just in time, was already very near death, screen red as hell :)

It was not the easiest boss before veteran ranks either, somewhat easier.
    Early bird gets the worm, but second mouse gets the cheese.
    Options
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks that sort of seemed what happened. I was just doing normal not veteran, but maybe it happens to a lesser extent.
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My problem with Faolchu is related to the method needed to defeat him. His weakness is fire as we are told. I thought my fire-centric DK who wields a Flame staff and a bow with a flame damage enchant would make this fight a walk in the park. Boy was I wrong. My fire based weapons, spells and Ultimate barely damaged him. However, making him walk over or stand on the burning debris that falls from above quickly drains his HP and is the only way to defeat him, at least his VR1 version. This makes no sense at all.
    Options
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    My problem with Faolchu is related to the method needed to defeat him. His weakness is fire as we are told. I thought my fire-centric DK who wields a Flame staff and a bow with a flame damage enchant would make this fight a walk in the park. Boy was I wrong. My fire based weapons, spells and Ultimate barely damaged him. However, making him walk over or stand on the burning debris that falls from above quickly drains his HP and is the only way to defeat him, at least his VR1 version. This makes no sense at all.
    Sounds like a bug to me, but its probably intended. In fact my first attempts I felt like a dum-dum for not bringing fire enchanted weapons. What I ended up doing was getting PO'd exitting and the next time it worked. I surmised my issues (other than moving like I was in molasses) because I had previously died and my passives weren't working were the cause of my difficulties.

Options
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've found that there are occasions when I die while slowed and I'm slow from resurrection for quite some time. It's quite frustrating.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
    Options
  • randomriffyrocksprerb18_ESO
    He Faolchu so bad...
    Options