The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Official Discussion Thread for "Live Trial Speedruns"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Live Trial Speedruns. Be sure to tune in tomorrow!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • juhah49eb17_ESO
    Yeah totally wopie........ you have been "soon" tm for 6 weeks soon, this was supposed to be in game on release, and still we keep waiting, well some of us do, Im really disapointed and this just is another disapointment. Shame on you. I dont think your EU server "soon" tm is this year, or if ever. Not that im going to be there when it happens.
    Edited by juhah49eb17_ESO on May 16, 2014 10:14PM
  • Ahanu2
    Ahanu2
    ✭✭✭
    Time to just start playing on PTS exclusively.
  • RingobloodtheOld
    RingobloodtheOld
    ✭✭✭
    My problem with the PTS people is simple, the had the game full-time, during the betas, if they were so good, why all the bugs and problems with Launch. I have little faith with this crew, and yet you still trust them for this content patch, wrong move ZOS. Also if you going to make us pay $15 a month keep your side of the deal and give us new content every 6 weeks like you said not this, "soon" hide behind.
    Server: NA/PC
    Holyringoblood (Altmer) Templer
    Torgrimmer (Breton) Templer
    Ringoblood (Nord) Dragonknight
    Ringobloodtheold (Dummer) Nightblade
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harsh very harsh.
    First I know this 6 week thing seems to have been fixated upon but give me an awesome content patch like Craiglorn living up to its potential and I dont mind waiting 12 weeks.
    Give me a new dungeoun and short main story quest extension every 6 weeks and I will be pissed.
  • Randomtask
    Randomtask
    Soul Shriven
    THIS IS BS! The only reason they do this is to promote 8-Bit Salute, Operation Supply Drop. Not that im hating on the charity event but there are other people trying to raise money for this event and this will only bring them viewers and people like me none. -1000000 for you guys. BS!
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off, this was never intended to be live at release. Second -- we reported lots and lots of bugs that still haven't been fixed. As complicated as this game is, I'm not surprised that the devs weren't able to fix everything right away. Third, the pts group was not large enough to catch some of the bugs that arise when a huge number of people are playing.

I do think PTS should have been made available to all players with this test just to get enough people in to thoroughly test everything.
  • RingobloodtheOld
    RingobloodtheOld
    ✭✭✭
    Harsh very harsh.
    First I know this 6 week thing seems to have been fixated upon but give me an awesome content patch like Craiglorn living up to its potential and I dont mind waiting 12 weeks.
    Give me a new dungeoun and short main story quest extension every 6 weeks and I will be pissed.
    I would agree if the Devs didnt promise 6 weeks (can provide interview proof), Plus Craiglorn was planned for Launch, was stated by the content Dev in a Tameril Foundry interview, which I can provided also. So with all that said this has been a let down, and I agree with Ysne58, they really need to open up the PTS to everyone, like other MMOs, especially now that Launch is over and we saw the failed launch in my opinion (bugs, exploits, items disappearing, ect)
  • denier_of_sin
    denier_of_sin
    Soul Shriven
    I think its a bit ridiculous that people get to test out content before others and be ahead of the game when trials actually come to be. Like why taunt us with live stream? So they can show how much better they are because they have access to the PTR? Shame shame shame.
  • Oberon
    Oberon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think its a bit ridiculous that people get to test out content before others and be ahead of the game when trials actually come to be. Like why taunt us with live stream? So they can show how much better they are because they have access to the PTR? Shame shame shame.
    +1

The PTS players aren't "elite" - they just had media connections a while back and got access for marketing purposes. This separation of the player base with some getting early access to end game content serves only as an irritant to the general ESO community.

The game is live now. It's time for ZOS to open up the Public Test Server to the public and end the division of the community into an upper and lower class of player.
  • delta9preeb18_ESO
    yet those same players/guilds will be claiming "world firsts" when this content goes live and showing off how great they are because they got to test content early and learn it before anyone else - already happened with emperor
  • Scesmoon
    Scesmoon
    ✭✭
    i wonder if there will be any nightblades or templars in any of these raids that arent relegated to being healers because dragon knights and sorcs are still so far ahead in dps under any and all circumstances....
  • Tr1n1ty
    Tr1n1ty
    Soul Shriven
    Who cares about "World Fist" in ESO? It's all about the leaderboards, AND you don't have to had media connections, my guild and i recieved PTS Access just because we asked nicely if we, as experienced PvE Guild can test some of the new content. So hopefully u guys don't have to deal with the bugs we reported when this goes life, else have fun ;)
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am taking part in this test run, and I am far from an elite player, I was just lucky enough to get picked after joining a particular guild. Don't be presumptuous about the type of people taking part, you are wrong :P
    Edited by Garion on May 17, 2014 10:59AM
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Noshiz
    Noshiz
    ✭✭
    The amount of uniformed people is too damm high.
  • Kevaliji
    Kevaliji
    Scesmoon wrote: »
    i wonder if there will be any nightblades or templars in any of these raids that arent relegated to being healers because dragon knights and sorcs are still so far ahead in dps under any and all circumstances....

Tell that to the DK's and Sorcs i gank all day in Cyrodil. They will beg to differ. (VR7 Nightblade)
  • Delvick
    Delvick
    ✭✭
    My problem with the PTS people is simple, the had the game full-time, during the betas, if they were so good, why all the bugs and problems with Launch. I have little faith with this crew, and yet you still trust them for this content patch, wrong move ZOS. Also if you going to make us pay $15 a month keep your side of the deal and give us new content every 6 weeks like you said not this, "soon" hide behind.

Not that your faith is important , but you fail to realize a few things:

Many of the problems players are facing on live seem to be related to the amount of people interacting with NPCs and objectives and breaking them. Most of the quests that broke on Beta Weekends and on Live were working just fine on PTS.

Also several bugs and quality of life issues that you see in the game were tirelessly reported on PTS.

An example:
    Got stuck in the main quest? Happened to me (and several others), couldn't kill Molag Bal and progress to veretan content. I had to wait an entire dev cycle (about a month back then) to have it fixed. After that, did they come up with tools for GMs to have it fixed or allow us to drop the quest and start over? Nope!

The real problem is the tests (PTS, beta weekends and several others group tests) were just poorly handled by ZOS.
    The Revenant
    Aikana Airmid • V14 Templar
    Rev'ari • V14 Sorcerer
    Aikanah • V14 Dragonknight
  • Nouney
    Nouney
    ✭✭
    The stream not started ?
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    yet those same players/guilds will be claiming "world firsts" when this content goes live and showing off how great they are because they got to test content early and learn it before anyone else - already happened with emperor

and exploit the heck out of it like they did on opening day for eso
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • delta9preeb18_ESO
    Tr1n1ty wrote: »
    Who cares about "World Fist" in ESO? It's all about the leaderboards

Regardless, my point still stands - the people with PTS access will be top of the leaderboards leaving the average player unable to compete for at least a few weeks - those same guilds then boasting "we are top of the leaderboard"

TBH its a farce to have a leaderboard system then give a handful of guilds a unfair advantage

• Bergs
    Bergs
    Kevaliji wrote: »
    Scesmoon wrote: »

Tell that to the DK's and Sorcs i gank all day in Cyrodil. They will beg to differ. (VR7 Nightblade)

Yeah, I was going to say that I've seen some very nasty NB out there. The ones that give my sorc the most issues are either 2h or dual wield daggers. Bow I have an easier time with, but if they fix some of the abilities that are bugged with those then I suspect that won't be as easy anymore...
  • RingobloodtheOld
    RingobloodtheOld
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares about "World Fist" in ESO? It's all about the leaderboards, AND you don't have to had media connections, my guild and i recieved PTS Access just because we asked nicely if we, as experienced PvE Guild can test some of the new content. So hopefully u guys don't have to deal with the bugs we reported when this goes life, else have fun ;)
    Yeah look whose talking about the buggest launch. good job with the bug reporting on the PTR before the game went live.

Edited by RingobloodtheOld on May 17, 2014 10:56PM
  • Tr1n1ty
    Tr1n1ty
    Soul Shriven
    lol yeah look whose talking about the buggest launch. good job with the bug reporting on the PTR before the game went live, you make me laugh sometimes, lol

It's not really the fault of the Beta Testers, i for example didn't test beta but are now on the PTS, but i had some friends that were in beta and they reported bugs that Zenimax still didn't fix for launch, THAT is not their fault, also there are bugs caused by the higher pop on the live server, who coud test that in beta?

in conclusion YOU make me laugh

• Rial
    Rial
    ✭✭✭
    My problem with the PTS people is simple, the had the game full-time, during the betas, if they were so good, why all the bugs and problems with Launch. I have little faith with this crew, and yet you still trust them for this content patch, wrong move ZOS.

The beta testers sure did report bugs, many of them. ZOS just didn't fix them. Maybe because people kept shouting the testers were just "entitled whiners" and shouldn't make such a fuss out of the bugs because beta.
  • Robocles
    Robocles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rial wrote: »
    My problem with the PTS people is simple, the had the game full-time, during the betas, if they were so good, why all the bugs and problems with Launch. I have little faith with this crew, and yet you still trust them for this content patch, wrong move ZOS.

The beta testers sure did report bugs, many of them. ZOS just didn't fix them. Maybe because people kept shouting the testers were just "entitled whiners" and shouldn't make such a fuss out of the bugs because beta.

So you are saying that ZOS didn't fix them because people kept shouting the testers were "entitled whiners"?

Wow... that is asinine.

It is true that many bugs were reported that never got fixed. It's also true that, while not directly a bug, the "phasing" system they use to try to make their MMO (yes... MMO!) look like a single player game was broken beyond repair. That won't likely be fixed until long after the majority of the people that want to actually play the game as an MMO (meaning with other players) are gone.

This post is nothing but a fluff piece by ZOS to make people who are sick of the issues here stay and try those trials. I can say I will not play in Craglorn until the phasing is either gone or fixed... I am not going to be relegated to playing alts when the rest of the group I play with is not online.
  • RingobloodtheOld
    RingobloodtheOld
    ✭✭✭
    lol yeah look whose talking about the buggest launch. good job with the bug reporting on the PTR before the game went live, you make me laugh sometimes, lol
    THAT is not their fault, also there are bugs caused by the higher pop on the live server, who coud test that in beta?

Higher pop on live server, dude there was that last Beta test, which was a stress test, if I remember, the Devs said there were 3-4 million in that test, so yes it could have been tested in beta, its called a simple stress test.

Edited by RingobloodtheOld on May 17, 2014 10:55PM
  • Robocles
    Robocles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THAT is not their fault, also there are bugs caused by the higher pop on the live server, who coud test that in beta?

Higher pop on live server, dude there was that last Beta test, which was a stress test, if I remember, the Devs said there were 3-4 million in that test, so yes it could have been tested in beta, its called a simple stress test.

Don't argue logic with a fanboi.

They did have large scale stress tests.

Those tests told them the same things every time. For the most part, none of it got fixed.

The fact is we are playing a console game with some kind of MMO engine. I hope the console people like it, because, compared to just about any other PC MMO, this one sucks rocks unless you want to just solo all the time.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for organising this. It was really interesting to see these guilds running the Trials in PTS.

I look forward to others in the future.
  • ConciseRex
    ConciseRex
    ✭✭
    I missed the streams any chance they will be uploaded to youtube?
  • ragamerb16_ESO
    ragamerb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I missed the live streaming... But I watched a few of the offline videos.

Sadly... My initial suspicion about the need to include a Time based Leaderboard is confirmed...

...This "content" will not be able to capture my attention nor fullfill my needs of Group PvE content, and, "thanks" to this event nor even the fun of trying to figure tactics will be there for me or my fellows.

In any case, thanks for confirming so soon that this Multiplayer Game will not support "Big" (This adjective becomes smaller after each "Massively" multiplayer game release :( ) Group content in the near future... Other Devs aren't so honest and play the "hide'n seek" game for far longer trying to lure ppl into ressubing while "waiting for a Big Patch", that OFC, never comes.
    Edited by ragamerb16_ESO on May 18, 2014 8:54AM
  • dansksikprb18_ESO
    The answer seems quite simple, it's time to stop the Private Test Realm & make it Public Test Realm, there is no excuse like, "You should be happy that we who are on the Private test realm, get to deal with all the bugs, so you don't have to" because the truth is this, that even if you 25% of the people on the Private test realm, are running around doing every quest, & taking different choices along the way with friends, & reporting all the bugs they encounter, we have already seen to issues with this tactic:

1. - Account based Issues, meaning it is bugs that only affect certain accounts, so while your friends might not get stuck you might. We saw this in Coldharbour, during initial release,(Had guildies stuck for a month or more).

2. - Number of players is a factor, we seen it during many bugs while playing ESO, the first 500 people to do a quest it works fine but for number 501 the quest breaks & will not work, this is now also the case for the anyone who comes after number 501. ( Yet another reason to have a large population of players on your test realms).

3. - The more people, giving you bug-data reports, the more information you will have on certain bugs. The more data you have the easier it should be to find the issue, which is causing the problem, you can start drawing parallels between reports & perhaps figure out more quickly if this is an account issue or if its perhaps simply a script issue which needs to be fixed.

4. - With the opening of Public test realms, you will be able to regain some trust from players who have begun to see you as only in it for the money, Corp.
    What we have seen so far, have been the release of an unfinished product, which had tons & tons of bugs, which needed to be fixed along the way, another thing is that Craglorn was clearly meant to have been part of the Vanilla game, (also confirmed by developer in an interview). the main money grab issues we have seen:

(1) - Standard or Imperial Edition?
    Well, if you are willing to pay a little more, we will give you a free mount, vanity pets, treasure maps, and rings to make you level up 10% faster with your friends! & ofc you will be able to play as any race on any side of the conflict, lets simply disregard that fact that the races are in open conflict with each other, our answer will be you used to live in the imperial city & thus are eligible to join any the 3 factions you want to.

(2) - Pushing a game out of the door which was only 70% finished, because the investors wanted to see some big payday rather than wait for developers to finish the game, but taking this action had the negative effect that alot of the people who initially wanted to play this game very much as lost interest & quit playing because they had such high hopes for this game, and then after a short while of playing, the game was such a letdown to them due to all of the things that had not been fixed & ofc another of the big issues (hot fix patches during Prime time) NO, just NO do not take the server down during Prime Time, that is equivalent to Harikiri, that right there was the cause of 30% of the initial player base quit this game.

5. - Finally, by opening the Test servers to everyone instead of only a few select guilds who have been in the media, you will lost abit of the Media-whöre image that has currently been building up & yes I realize that alot of randomly select people have been able to join the PTR as well, but that has clearly not been working, either because they were fooling around on PTR instead of doing what was asked of them reporting bugs & issues, or they did report the bugs & issues but only a few did and thus you were unable to come up with a solution to the problem, in either case the answer is simply more people will mean more data from bug reports more data means more information the more information you have on the bugs & issues the easier the problem should be to solve.

I could easily keep going, but I think my ranting and raving have reached the critical mass of how high a wall of text may be. I hope dearly that some of the ESO staff will sit down and spend 3min reading my text and hopefully make the necessary changes to the PTR to save this game before too many of its player base quits the game for good.

//Katesh <--(in-game name)