Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Xbox Live™ is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://twitter.com/XboxSupport

1h/s abilities from stealth comparison to NB, DW, Bow

Creslian7
Creslian7
✭✭✭
I've been experimenting with 1h/s attacks to see how they compare to my NB class abilities and bow when attacking from the rear coming out of stealth. The numbers were surprising to me. The numbers in {} are without piercing mark on the target (Ignores 75% of targets armor and Spell Resistance).

(NB)Ambush= 1419 {1209}
(NB)Concealed Weapon= 1765 {1609}
(1h/s) heavy attack = 1633 {1485}
(1h/s)Deep Slash = 1733 {1578}
(1h/s)Bash = 1366 {1244}(deadly bash passive)pre bash nerf
(Bow)Focused Aim = 1257 {1079}
(Bow)Full Charge Bow = 1108 {900}(all passives)
(DW)Flying Blade = 916 {800}
(DW)Rending Slashes = 556+620 {507+564}
(DW) heavy attack = 819 +246(off hand) {746+224}(all passives)
(2hand) heavy attack= 2013 {1833}(no passives or abilities in the line)
(2hand)Wrecking Blow = 2783{2566}

I expected more from the NB, bow, DW and not as much from the 1h/s. All mobs tested were the same VR6 mob type, me being VR7, all were done with the same magica and stamina 1900, also all mobs had piercing mark debuff on them. No bashing enchants or jewelry were used. Bow and sword were same VR5 level and had same damage. Deep Slash was only rank 1 as well, all the others were rank 4, so when that hits rank 4 you can expect the damage to possibly be equal to or exceed Concealed Weapon.

It looks like 1h/s is getting some bonus out of stealth that DW and bow are not receiving or that it is multiplied differently.

Edited by Creslian7 on May 28, 2014 4:13PM
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I am glad to see DW toping the charts.... ...
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
    Options
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    DW deal least Ambush damage. Thats just doesnt make any sense at all.
    Options
  • stimpy986b14_ESO
    stimpy986b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    That 2h sneak attack dmg is just ridiculous. realistically, lugging around a big hammer isn't very sneaky at all
    Options
  • Daendur
    Daendur
    ✭✭✭
    That 2h sneak attack dmg is just ridiculous. realistically, lugging around a big hammer isn't very sneaky at all

Realistically, daedra don't exist.
    It is obvious 2h attack deals more damage than 1h, since weapon damage is greater for 2h.
    Bow and DW are too low btw.
    Options
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honeslty think this is part of the problem with Nightblades. So many people rolled Nightblade thinking DW/Bow is the natural fit and so is attacking from sneak. Either there was a significant nerf that was silent or both skills don't work correctly. I know this is not at all how it worked in beta and in beta both DW and Bow worked extremely well from sneak. So did a lot of Nightblade and DW abilites that no longer seem to get any bonus damage. So far Zenimax has been silent on the issue and won't mention if it is a bug or intended.

1 hand doing more damage from stealth than DW is just so broken. I have two weapons and only one is getting the bonus damage but even with both together I can't equal a tank? That is just messed up. You would think at minimum your initial weapon would get the same damage as a 1/shield would get and then you would get a regular attack out of your second weapon.
    Options
  • Creslian7
    Creslian7
    ✭✭✭
    This was very surprising for me. I've leveled as dw/bow til vet6. Around vet 6 I decided to start leveling the other weapon lines just to level them up so I started with 1h/s to see if bash could live up to the hype. I stumbled across the 1h/s damage from stealth playing around then decided to test all of the weapon lines listed. I was stunned and mildly angry.

I am left scratching my head wondering about a build now since I wanted the classic dw/bow stealth type, I thought the nightblade would be the logical choice. I hate that I am rethinking my class and weapon choice at vet 8.
    Options
  • ConciseRex
    ConciseRex
    ✭✭
    Where you put just 2 Hand what was the actual attack, heavy or light just interested?
    Options
  • OkieDokie
    OkieDokie
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't really get what you mean in your 2 hand attack.

You missed resto staff. There is a 20% increase damage waiting for you there.
    Edited by OkieDokie on May 21, 2014 11:17AM
    People keep saying they heard of a friend of friend of friend of their neighbors that plays a NB and can catch up with dks and sorcs and this guy just never shows up. He would be a rock star if he existed.
    Options
  • Creslian7
    Creslian7
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I looked at the post again and see I forgot to state what kind of 2h attack.

It was a heavy attack from stealth, with no passives in the line. I'll edit OP.
    Options
  • GreasedLizard
    GreasedLizard
    ✭✭✭
    OkieDokie wrote: »

Very true. My concealed weapon gets that bonus. (also gets 11% from Combat Prayer if I feel frisky)

Options
  • Jarnhand
    Jarnhand
    ✭✭✭

And that says something about how broken the weapon mechanics are. Yeah, smacking someone with a staff sure hurts more then perforating them with a sword... /rolls eyes
    Options
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jarnhand wrote: »

And that says something about how broken the weapon mechanics are. Yeah, smacking someone with a staff sure hurts more then perforating them with a sword... /rolls eyes

Hey that staff has a pointy thing on the end !

Ya the weapon skills lack polish (thats being polite BTW)
    Options
  • Jeremy_gelber_ESO
    Jeremy_gelber_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Jarnhand wrote: »

you dont hit them with a staff.you shoot happy glow beams from it. but lets worry about realism while shooting fire from my eyes and lightning from my arse.

Edited by Jeremy_gelber_ESO on May 28, 2014 2:09PM
    Options
  • Creslian7
    Creslian7
    ✭✭✭
    Addition to OP. I've had a chance to test Wrecking blow from stealth. (2hand ability, morph of uppercut)

With piercing mark - 2783
    without piercing mark - 2566
    That was done with a green vet 8 2hand sword, the dps was the same as the original weapon used in the OP.
    Options
  • OkieDokie
    OkieDokie
    ✭✭✭
    That's with 1900 stamina? Quite good damage. Way more than I can get with 2000 magicka and 20% from resto staff + concealed blades.
    People keep saying they heard of a friend of friend of friend of their neighbors that plays a NB and can catch up with dks and sorcs and this guy just never shows up. He would be a rock star if he existed.
    Options
  • plaxy186
    plaxy186
    How long does it take to wind up a wrecking blow this could be awesome for a stealth we are talking instagib damage for normal mobs and possibly execute range on some of the more tank ones 6% damage increase from sword and some others I'm assuming here not in the math in this test
    Options
  • Jeremy_gelber_ESO
    Jeremy_gelber_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    plaxy186 wrote: »
    How long does it take to wind up a wrecking blow this could be awesome for a stealth we are talking instagib damage for normal mobs and possibly execute range on some of the more tank ones 6% damage increase from sword and some others I'm assuming here not in the math in this test

wrecking blow is listed as 1 second. but in combat if feels longer than that due to animation. crystal shard spam feels faster. too lazy to time the animation via video.
    but i barely have time to get a wrecking blow off before the mobs recover from an ambush.
    Edited by Jeremy_gelber_ESO on June 1, 2014 1:45AM
    Options