Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What did you choose for Raz? (Reaper's March Spoilers)

Elyna
Elyna
✭✭✭✭
I just couldnt kill him :c he was the first person I met in the Dominion when I played beta. Yeah I may have planted the seeds for all Elves to become enslaved in some time in the future, but at least I have my kitty :3
  • Tabia
    Tabia
    i chose the other option but i really hope it turns out differently later on...
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont recall this quest, what is it?
  • Tabia
    Tabia
    Its part of the AD main quest
    line i think, since it involves Raz.
  • Elyna
    Elyna
    ✭✭✭✭
    crislevin wrote: »
    i dont recall this quest, what is it?
    The one where you decide whether or not he dies for that circlet.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one couldn't kill our furbrother simply out of fear that some elves may make the wrong choices in the distance future.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Shiaxi
    Shiaxi
    ✭✭✭
    Tabia wrote: »
    Its part of the AD main quest
    line i think, since it involves Raz.

not really sure but I think this quest isn't actually mandatory.. might be wrong (I did the quest and didn't let him die his dumb heroes death.. he threw a hissy fit but I think we're ok again) :p

• Anadenel
    Anadenel
    Soul Shriven
    Of course I didn't killed him. It's Raz. Though I was somewhat disapointed that all that thing with him being mad at me didn't really got resolved except for Queen Ayrenn's brief comment.
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is what happens with each choice.
    Both options let him live.

I ran into him again [moments] later and when you ask him how he is alive he tells you that he crawled through the rubble, was injured, but he will be fine and praised me for making the right choice (which was the he "dies" and the crown is destroyed).

If you do not destroy the crown, you will *** him off and you now made the wrong choice and unleashed evil pretty much.

Just "kill" him.
    Edited by Zershar_Vemod on May 16, 2014 6:20PM
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Shiaxi
    Shiaxi
    ✭✭✭

I ran into him again [moments] later and when you ask him how he is alive he tells you that he crawled through the rubble, was injured, but he will be fine and praised me for making the right choice (which was the he "dies" and the crown is destroyed).

If you do not destroy the crown, you will *** him off and you now made the wrong choice and unleashed evil pretty much.

Just "kill" him.

still don't agree with that;
    from the perspective of the character you play you can't know that he will survive; I'd never let a friend die on the possibility that the crown fell into wrong hands in some distant future; now if destroying the crown was the only way to prevent utter disaster.. well that's another story

• WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew Raz would be upset when I chose to save his life, but I figured I'd much rather have Raz survive and be mad at me than him be dead and one threat is destroyed.

Honestly, it is really simple really. Raz wanting to sacrafice himself to put an end to one random threat would mean absolutely nothing. Look at how many other more terrible threats exists for the Dominion, Tamriel, Nirn.

Raz has done well to protect the Dominion, and the best choice was to save him so that he can continued to do so. Tamriel is a damsel in distress, it will always find trouble to threaten itself.
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I let the cat die, he is only down 1 life so no biggie.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My char is in Cold Harbor, and I have no clue about this quest. Weird, he was alive congratulate me in the end, though.
  • achimb16_ESO3
    achimb16_ESO3
    ✭✭
    I destroyed the circlet (after quite a while of fighting with myself). But I saw him run away, so I hope he escaped anyway - seeing how flexible a cat can be he will have found a way out. If not - oh well, he told me he'd love to die for the queen.
  • Rayadrel
    Rayadrel
    ✭✭✭
    I wish there were a "use the circlet for myself" option.
    Enslaving all the elves would make dungeons so much easier..
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saved him ofc , in the end probably wont ever come back to be a problem to me in game anyway , but if it does im not an elf , if someone does use , i will just kick their ass and problem solved.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭
    Saved him. You don't let people die so evil magical artifacts could be destroyed. You take the risks. Imagine Sam pushed Frodo off the ledge when he claimed the Ring. Yeah.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the name of this quest?
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided to kill him by destroying the circlet.
    It is the right decision. He will manage to get out alive, will be thankful to you and you destroyed a dangerous artifact.
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shiaxi wrote: »

Just "kill" him.

still don't agree with that;
    from the perspective of the character you play you can't know that he will survive; I'd never let a friend die on the possibility that the crown fell into wrong hands in some distant future; now if destroying the crown was the only way to prevent utter disaster.. well that's another story
    Well the entire quest clearly labeled it as a grave threat to the A.D. and Raz made it even more clear that this was the only way to keep the A.D. safe.

I easily under that keeping the crown meant one was selfish and it would be a deliberate action to place the A.D. in danger - and vis versa with destroying the crown will save the day and the life of Raz and a few others, over everyone else was the logical sacrifice.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭
    And yet we play in the world of high fantasy where the path to Oblivion is paved with logical sacrifices. I prefer to keep people alive. We can deal with evil artifacts any day, once you're dead, you're dead.

Besides, Raz is always so smug. Felt good to wrinkle his whiskers. ;)
  • nerevalene
    nerevalene
    Soul Shriven
    If he really wanted to die for that circlet, he shouldn't have given me the option to save him. Besides, I am a sorcerer. I could (probably) figure how to deal with magics of that artifact if he'd let me, but I guess he trusted his moon priest friends more.
    Kymil Valantar - v14 sorc (AD)
    Nulien of Sunhold - V5 templar healer (AD)
    Davrasa Llervu - lvl 24 magicka dk (AD)
    Galla the Younger - lvl 11 dk tank (AD)
    Gary Ghanoush - lvl 6 melee templar (AD)
    Chantal Byerly - lvl 10 templar heals (DC)
    Adalag Hjorvardson - lvl 7 dk tank (EP)
  • WyndStryke
    WyndStryke
    ✭✭✭
    Of course I had to let him die, that's what he clearly stated needed to be done. Although I was very happy later when I found out that he'd survived. And he was happy that I'd made the right choice.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I killed him. We're both agents of the Queen and sworn to protect her; it was unfortunate but a necessary decision. :( I was really glad I did later! :)

I do wish there had been a 'talk Raz into letting me disable the traps and let everyone out, then turn them back on once everyone's escaped and destroy it too' option. Or just pull a One Ring and find a nice volcano to drop it in if that was impossible, surely there's something else on the face of Nirn that could destroy the thing...

But yeah, keeping an artifact that can enslave two-thirds of both the Dominion and the Covenant (remember Bretons-->descendants of human/mer crossbreeds and therefore also of Ayleid descent) and a third of the Pact around seemed...unwise.

What I want to know is what in the names of the Eight did the Ayleids need something like that for in the first place?! Because plainly they weren't using it on their own people, or how did St. Alessia get mer support for her cause? Had the Dwemer split off by then?

#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    crislevin wrote: »
    What's the name of this quest?

I can't recall, it's in an ayleid ruin, I stumbled on it.

I saved Raz like most of us here, ESO without Raz, unthinkable.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on September 11, 2014 3:04PM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Whisper292
    Whisper292
    ✭✭✭
    I killed his sorry butt! Just kidding--I love Raz. I did kill him, though, because he convinced me it was the right thing to do. It was tough, though. I think I cried.
    ---
    Love all, trust few, do wrong to no one. - William Shakespeare
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cat's have nine lives.

Let's just leave it at that.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Rumba1
    Rumba1
    ✭✭✭
    I saved him, here's why:

1) the artifact was only believed to be very powerful by the Colovians. It in fact may not have been.

2) if as powerful as reputed it belonged on queen Aryans head. Would have stopped the whole veiled Heiritance nonesense cold.

3) the guard at the entrance said she would be happy if the whole affair just killed the queens eye Razum Dar. Meaning they know him, so the whole operation could have been staged for the purpose of killing the queens most effective agent. well worth the cost, the Brits did the same sort of misdirection ploys in WWII.

So I figured the likelyhood of the whole scene to be very suspect.

[edit] and one more thing. A super-duper Alyeid artifact that the Aldmeri have never heard of, in their own territory? too cute to be true.
    Edited by Rumba1 on October 29, 2014 7:39PM
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play multiple toons so I've made both choices. Neither has any effect on the outcome of your game. Pretty much the same as all the other choices in the game. The only choice that really ever affected me was sacrificing Valaste to get that extra damn skill point.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As soon as they started talking about the adventures they had I knew what was coming but I couldn't make the bad choice, Raz is the best NPC in this game
  • Akiija
    Akiija
    ✭✭
    I don't think people really understand the gravity of the Circlet when they brush this off as "one random artifact". There is every reason to believe that the Ayleids, in their desperation, would create a relic to spurn the advances of Al-Esh's "revolt of men" in throwing off their slavery. Particularly given some of their Daedric-leaning sects and the work that went into designing White-Gold, it's not entirely unbelievable that they could create something like the Circlet.

In the greater scope of what this artifact means for the Dominion, for all Mer (which would mean Altmer, Maormer, Bosmer, Khajiit, Dunmer, the remaining Falmer and Dwemer, and any other Aldmeri descendants potentially including even the Tribunal), this choice was a no-brainer to me. Raz knew his obligations to the Queen and the sacrifice he would have to make: Destroy this artifact permanently now, or risk someone now or hundreds of years from now rediscovering it and using it then.

To find out that Raz ends up making it out, even after all that, was incredibly heartwarming. By no means should he have escaped with his life, and now all Mer are safe from this abhorrent creation. Cat did good.
    Edited by Akiija on December 24, 2014 5:24AM