Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Encase/Elemental Wall-Morphs

Murmeltier
Murmeltier
✭✭✭✭
Hi,

i like to AOE with my Sorcerer but two Skills/Morphs make me nuts. Maybe someone can help me out with some Experience/Ideas.

1. Encase have two Morphs, one that gives Damage after the CC and one that adds a Snare after the CC ends.

Which one is better if i want to use it to CC Mobs for AOEs with other Spells like Lightning Flood or Elemental Wall. I know that the Dark Magic Passivs can add 15% Crit to Attacks, if a Target is under the Influence of a Darkmagic Spell.

So which Encase-Morph is better for AOEs, more Dam through + Dam after CC or more CC with more +% Crittime through the Snare? I have tested both but i cant decide.

2. I cant decide between the two Morphs from Elemental Wall too. I tested both and i like the one with more Radius and longer Time. The other with the Explosion at the End i can cast faster because through the shorter Time+Explosion, i dont have too wait for long to reuse it.

The Elemental Wall you cant spam or cast to fast because the AOE Ticks dont add their Damage if they tick at the same time, or? I tested it too but i cant see any Numbers and i dont use Mods.

I know that the Impulsething is better for AOEs but i cant reach it now and i would like to hear how do you use the Skills above for AOEs. If you use them.

MFG Murmeltier.
Edited by Murmeltier on May 16, 2014 1:36PM
  • Squishy
    Squishy
    ✭✭✭
    1- the snare is useful, since it stops mobs from coming at your fast, and allows you to casts something else before they're in range... BUT, it is utterly useless against mobs immune to CC/snare/flying.

2- I'm unfamiliar with it, but I'd assume the larger radius and time would be better, that's just a semi educated guess though.
    "In 2014, a possible bot was sent to coldharbour by a military GM for a crime she didn't commit. This argonian promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Ebonheart underground. Today, still wanted by the developers she survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a bot problem, if no one else can bite you, and if you can find her....maybe you can hire The SQUISHY."