The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Dungeon Finder = Trash

kaianvestra_ESO
kaianvestra_ESO
✭✭✭
Literally the most jenked up mess of a dungeon finder tool I have ever experienced in an MMO. I've played FTPs that have better group finders than this nonsense.

Queue times are dumb when the player pool is entire regions, it drops you in partially filled groups, most of the time it groups you with only 1 other player and the group ultimately disbands having to get back into that monster queue, there is 0 indication of what the average wait time is, it doesn't even form proper groups for running dungeons... it'll group you with 4 dps if you let it regardless of what roles players picked, it's hidden away so I doubt half of the playerbase even knows it exists, it hardly ever assigns a party member as group leader, you can't queue for old lower level dungeons, I'm sure there's other issues I'm missing, but overall it's just complete garbage and this is just for finding people for dungeons, trying to find people for other content is nearly nonexistent.

I would love to say balls to this trashy feature and just spam it up in zone chat, but oh wait, it's already spammed by traders because ESO fails to have a proper trading channel or system in the game. Good luck finding a player who hasn't already rage quit zone chat.

Gee, I really hope it doesn't take a year for them to unjenk their game. I speculate that it will. Who knows, they might actually surprise me and turn out to be a decent company, better than what I'm used to. Not getting my hopes up, though. However, that's an entirely different issue.

It's a shame really, their dungeon content is great. It's unfortunate having to skip that part of the game merely cuz there's no proper way to find a group. Especially when you get skill points out of it.

Bump to help them realize it's a serious concern.
Edited by kaianvestra_ESO on May 16, 2014 10:44PM
  • Alpha_Protocol
    Alpha_Protocol
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not defending ZOS or the horrid state of the game at release...

I've never had trouble finding groups. Are the current LFG tools flawed? Probably the worst I've seen as well... Are they aware? I sure hope so. Are there other problems with a higher priority? Most certainly.
  • cf398ub17_ESO
    cf398ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    i also have trouble with group finder it gets pretty bad in vr content i end just getting guild mates to help me but i do not have any issue with zone chat i see a couple spammers but nothing i can not handle
  • drogon1
    drogon1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Group finder can be a mess. Someone dc's and doesn't come back, often times there is no group leader to kick and re-queue. Whole group disbands, then trying to find everyone again when you don't know their @name can be ridiculous. Then when you do re-invite after disbanding you form a group of two with no group leader. So you're stuck again lol.

But worse than all this is that you get essentially NO xp after running a dungeon once. Still floored by this. So, a crappy group finder is par for the course for this sort of game mechanic - dungeons do not seem to be encouraged as something for players to enjoy and learn to play their roles better.
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree it's horrible.

And the fact many major mmo allow releases with tools this bad for grouping even happens just shows the sad state this industry is in..

It's really not hard to make amazing grouping tools. Low budget MMOs such as Dungeons and Dragons online managed it 8 years ago.

Take a quick glance at their lfm system and make something even half as good and this game would become 10 times better.
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • kaianvestra_ESO
    kaianvestra_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Recent Experience:

Got put into an incomplete group, me and only one other person.

Luckily someone is assigned leader, luckily we get a healer. Doesn't always happen.

We don't get a tank, it groups us with 3 dps...

Healer decides to rage quit because someone started the dungeon quest.

Group doesn't even want to bother trying the dungeon tool again to test our luck finding another healer. Who knows how long we'll be waiting because the game gives us no indication. Who knows if the game will even give us a healer when it didn't even give us a tank?

Group disbands before dungeon even begins, back into queue for me. GG

Truly this system is the most abysmal, infuriating piece of *(&@#%(@()*@&!#$(*@&#$(!()*@&#%(&@*#^% I have ever experienced.

Excuse the rudeness, but this is beginning to *** me off.

Edit: After having to queue 4 more times because of group disbands, I finally got a PROPER group to complete a dungeon. It should not be like this.
    Edited by kaianvestra_ESO on May 16, 2014 10:45PM
  • kaianvestra_ESO
    kaianvestra_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I mean as long as MMOs have been around and how far they've advanced... the information is out there! Making the most basic mistakes with a tool that has already been iterated multiple times in other MMOs is pathetic! Quit trying to reinvent the wheel, what exactly is this bottom of the scrap barrel feature hoping to prove? It provides no innovation at all... No one is going to blame you for taking ideas from other MMOs, this late in the industry, this sort of feature is a REQUIREMENT! So I wonder how anyone can release a feature this poor, considering what information is available, and be ok with it? It's shameful.