Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Being a vampire overrated?

epictrollheals513
Being a vampire overrated? That is the way I am starting to feel. I'm a vampire Dragon knight V1 myself. While leveling 1-50 was very easy, I must admit that when I reached Coldharbour I started to feel the pain. I was pretty excited to become one cant lie. I herd how well they were doing and really wanted to try it for myself, But I find myself not even using any of the skills except Batswarm. While Batswarm is a very strong move I feel like I would be better off using one of the Dragon knight ultimate's . Seems to me that there was a lot of hype about being a vampire, but i just don't feel like the pros outweigh cons. Not to mention I'm sure that my build is not best, but that is another subject. What does everyone think about this, am I the only one with these thoughts?
Edited by epictrollheals513 on May 16, 2014 3:18AM
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the patch made it harder to be a vampire in veteran zones, especially around fire mobs, and because we need to feed so often I stay in stage four all the time.

makes the game a bit harder, but im ok with that, I like a challenge, though my keyboard hates me from time to time, when I bash it hard from wiping for the 15th time on one boss :) (dont happen often)
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know, as a dual wield/medium armor non vamp NB, im tempted to just laugh at your post. DK vamp having troubles in Coldharbour :p
    Edited by Gisgo on May 16, 2014 3:23AM
  • Elyna
    Elyna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Play a Werewolf for a while. You'll understand why Vampire is so popular.
  • epictrollheals513
    Gisgo wrote: »
    I dont know, as a dual wield/medium armor non vamp NB, im tempted to just laugh at your post. DK vamp having troubles in Coldharbour :p

I said I was feeling the pain, I never said I was dying all the time. The pain being the extra fire damage.
  • BKTHNDR
    BKTHNDR
    ✭✭✭
    Invigorating Drain, Supernatural Recovery, and Undeath make it worthwhile to me.
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The passives, when they work, are fantastic and as a (more traditional) Nightblade in VR Bat Swarm and invigorating drain have saved my life a countless number of times.

The nerf hit us pretty hard in the areas that mattered less than what needed nerfing, since even without actively stacking I can generate a new bat swarm every 4 mobs or so, but Elusive mist is practically worthless now and without varying the fire damage through the 4 stages there's really no reason to ever feed.
    Edited by eNumbra on May 16, 2014 4:02AM
  • Shamusangus_24
    i just become one and i'm pretty infatuated with it still - even with just the drain essence.. not sure if this will change in time
    Edward Van Healen
    Aldmeri Dominion - Breton - Templar

Guild: Dirty Pundies