The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

STATE OF THE GAME MAY 2014

Tymis
Tymis
Soul Shriven
Hello,

So I'm not going to waste a whole lot of time, and I am not planning on coming back to this post, so flaming is a waste of your time. I am just doing this as a sort of public service.

If you read the forums you'll see just about everyone complaining that some class is way overpowered. This can basically be summed up by a few bullet points.
* It takes about half your max stamina to break out of a crowd control ability.

* Breaking out does NOT give you immunity to being immediately snared or immobilized.
This is why everyone complains about the DK Talons being so powerful, because you just spam them and you can keep people rooted indefinitely, and they can only break out 1, maybe 2 times total before they have no stamina.

* There is no clear point in the NB invisibility, since any ability that gives you better detection toward normal stealth also gives you instant vision of anybody with invisibility.

* The Sorcerer's teleport ability is basically a way to never die ever, no matter what, as long as you know how to use it properly. There is no delay after use, no cast time, the cost is rediculously low, and only 1-2 uses can generally put you out of range of anybody trying to catch you.
As a side note, I have only seen Emperors and Former Emperors that are Sorcerers. Has any other class managed to become emperor? Last night after we took a keep a group of 10 Former Emperor Sorcerers stormed in before we could repair the walls and wiped most of the raid, before teleporting away without any way to stop them.

When PVP balance and prevention of hacking are not priorities, you know a game is going to fail.

Also, there is no PVE content left after the grind to VR10, and if you disagree I suggest you work your way to VR10 and then see if your opinion changes. I have done literally (the correct usage of the word) every quest in the game I know of, and only about 10 of them were after I hit VR10.

I have canceled my account, and I strongly encourage others to abandon ship as well. If balance changes and efforts to thwart hacking make it to the list of patch fixes (instead of just quest polishing) BEFORE my 22 remaining days are up, then I would gladly resubscribe. As of right now it just doesn't look like they care.

Here are just a couple pictures I took in the span of 10 minutes (including adding the pretty circles). There were many more I didn't manage to capture the names of.

-Pictures removed for naming and shaming-
Edited by ZOS_JoanaL on May 16, 2014 4:05AM
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    State of drama.

Nice guide!
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Magicke
    Magicke
    Soul Shriven
    10 ex-emperors who traded emperorship to get a new skill line - broken dynamic, yet another great game turned into an abortion. Why bother leveling to vet 1 to be one shotted in a group of 20 wiping to one player? Why grind AvA when with less than 50 ppl you have no chance against 4, and with less than 150 no chance against 10?

just why?
  • ZOS_CarolusS
    ZOS_CarolusS
    ✭✭✭
    We understand and respect that sometimes people will leave The Elder Scrolls Online community.
    @Tymis, we thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we wish you the very best. We're closing this thread now per our Code of Conduct policy on quitting/goodbye threads.
    Edited by ZOS_CarolusS on May 16, 2014 4:00AM
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.