The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

OS X 10.9.3 Now Available For Update

Moonraker
Moonraker
✭✭✭✭
Apple have made OS X 10.9.3 available for download via the App Store or direct from Apple site here;

OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 Update (Combo)

I put the link to the Combo version as I tend to prefer that way but their is an incremental version also available.

Noted updates include:
The OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 Update is recommended for all Mavericks users. It improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac.

This update:

Improves 4K display support on Mac Pro (Late 2013) and MacBook Pro with 15-inch Retina Display (Late 2013)
Adds the ability to sync contacts and calendars between a Mac and iOS device using a USB connection
Improves the reliability of VPN connections using IPsec
Resolves an issue that prevented Font Book from installing PostScript Type 1 fonts
Improves reliability of copying, editing and inspecting permissions of files on an SMB file server
Improves reliability of network home directories
Improves stability when installing configuration profiles
Improves login speed for users in Active Directory groups
Includes Safari 7.0.3
source
They were testing graphics drivers during beta phase so hopefully they have updated those some also.
  • LavaDrop
    LavaDrop
    No, stop right there. Never a good idea to update to ANY minor MacOS update the same day it's released. Bugs are already biting people, like Chris Breen from Macworld: http://www.macworld.com/article/2155980/os-x-10-9-3-unhiding-the-users-folder.html
    Let Apple iron out the bugs. Update next week.
  • canuck1975
    I usually wait a week or so before updating my OS regardless if it's minor or major. I've been using these things for too long and know that something inevitably will go wrong (or iTunes will be screwed with yet again and something will go missing).

I'd recommend holding off to make sure there isn't a tweak to the patch before installing it like @LavaDrop.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    canuck1975 wrote: »
    I usually wait a week or so before updating my OS regardless if it's minor or major. I've been using these things for too long and know that something inevitably will go wrong (or iTunes will be screwed with yet again and something will go missing).

I'd recommend holding off to make sure there isn't a tweak to the patch before installing it like @LavaDrop.
    They already fixed that potential issue in a minor patch for iTunes.

All seems good to me except I can't see my Macintosh HD in Sidebar despite selecting Devices. When I click Hard Disks in Finder preferences I get my Bootcamp partition on Desktop but not that. Maybe a Fusion Drive thing. I did trash Sidebar .plist but as it doesn't show on Desktop it must be something else.

It may well have not been there before the update. I could see Users via Go but Macintosh HD is greyed and I can't drag to Sidebar for some reason.
  • Randay
    Randay
    ✭✭✭
    Moonraker wrote: »
    canuck1975 wrote: »

They already fixed that potential issue in a minor patch for iTunes.

All seems good to me except I can't see my Macintosh HD in Sidebar despite selecting Devices. When I click Hard Disks in Finder preferences I get my Bootcamp partition on Desktop but not that. Maybe a Fusion Drive thing. I did trash Sidebar .plist but as it doesn't show on Desktop it must be something else.

It may well have not been there before the update. I could see Users via Go but Macintosh HD is greyed and I can't drag to Sidebar for some reason.

Hold on, you don't see you mac hd in sidebar or both?
    For sidebar go to "finder prefs > sidebar" make a check
    For desktop go to "finder prefs > general" make a check

If still hidden try terminal: "sudo chflags nohidden /Macintosh\ HD"

If desktop is behaving strange remove "com.apple.desktop.plist" from you user library's preferences folder
    if less really is more, then maybe nothing is everything
  • canuck1975
    Moonraker wrote: »
    They already fixed that potential issue in a minor patch

I LOLd at this because I posted my comment before I even knew there was an itunes problem. How prophetic!
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Randay yes I have all those selected ;) Just it was not showing. I tried the command in Terminal but didn't work I assume because the drive has two partitions with Bootcamp. Anyhow I used Onyx to configure is as not hidden and it was fine. I probably forgot to change it back at some point ;)

@canuck1975 I haven't used iTunes myself for a long time. I find it just too much like App Store which I only ever use for Updates if I can't download directly. With my more limited broadband I hate having to download each update three times otherwise and dislike the whole App Store thing personally. But it had the patch in that so I used it.

10.9.3 seems to be fine since install.
  • Randay
    Randay
    ✭✭✭
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5434

published two days ago
    if less really is more, then maybe nothing is everything