The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

DK solos VR Dungeons - Full Clears, Bogdan, Hive Lord, etc

• DogeRobert
    Very impressive. Very impressive indeed. :)

Would it be too much to ask for a breakdown of:

a) Your build. (And however much you wish to go into detail on your slotted abilities and their synergies...)

b) Your add-ons. I've been looking forever for one who accurately shows buffs and debuffs like yours do.

c) Your gear. (And any glyphs, etc..)

d) Anything else you wish to add on top of this.. ;-) (Like, I'm assuming you're blocking all the time, but correct me, if that assumption is flawed.)

Alright, I know I'm asking for quite a bit.. But seeing as I'm currently leveling a DK (Imperial if that makes a difference), I'd really like some pointers on your setup, so I can learn from it. :)
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perma battle standard lol.

Don't get my Impulse nerfed!
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing in game that can out DPS a DKs survivabilty.
    Edited by TheBull on May 16, 2014 4:37AM
  • podlechceb17_ESO
    I only look at last fight since this is in my opinion by far the hardest opponent.

As far as i see he uses only one DK skill (has another in one bar but never uses it) thats the Ulti Magma Armor.

Of course thats the key to success the only problem here is the enormous amount of ulti generation while an ulti is running.

In principal it is kill adds with impulse (damage Boss with it automtically) generate Ulti like mad. Toss in a few other spells (not DK spells) Start Ulti be invincible for 14.4 sec begin from beginning.

Of course you could nerf DK here (or better Magma armor since the rest is not really DK) you wouldnt solve the problem itself the spamming of Ultis. If they want to fix such things stop ulti regen while having an ulti aktiv.

Bakarr
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only look at last fight since this is in my opinion by far the hardest opponent.

As far as i see he uses only one DK skill (has another in one bar but never uses it) thats the Ulti Magma Armor.

Of course thats the key to success the only problem here is the enormous amount of ulti generation while an ulti is running.

In principal it is kill adds with impulse (damage Boss with it automtically) generate Ulti like mad. Toss in a few other spells (not DK spells) Start Ulti be invincible for 14.4 sec begin from beginning.

Of course you could nerf DK here (or better Magma armor since the rest is not really DK) you wouldnt solve the problem itself the spamming of Ultis. If they want to fix such things stop ulti regen while having an ulti aktiv.

Bakarr

No, it's the DK passive that refunds him magicka, stamina, and ultimate every time he uses an ultimate that's the problem.

It could be a sorcerer or NB spamming his ultimate, and it would not be broken because the fact is that DK ultimates are plain OP.

And in any case Green Dragon's Blood is also OP as well. In fact 2-3 skills were destro staff on the bar the rest DK, and most importantly the ultimates which are OP as hell on top of the DK passives that make their already strong ultimates plain broken.

So you have a class that's not only immensely survivable, but has the strongest group utility, and competitive DPS.

I mean the only thing they don't have is mobility, and that's a problem because then why be any other class besides Templar or DK when you can be either of those and have great group support skills on top of it.

Especially DK's, they should not come even close to the damage they do given their survivability and group utility.

It's not fair that a NB or Sorcerer maybe does slightly more DPS but the DK and Templar bring this metric ton of CC/Utility/Healing so they're the ones actually wanted for a group.
  • davidhorstub17_ESO
    davidhorstub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    did some world bosses today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdWLgjME38k

robert the build im running is called infinitank you can google it, i changed it a bit to suit my style and use a resto staff with force siphon to spam life steal with all of the aoe dots i have rolling. my gear is 5pc magicka furnance, 3pc willow's path, 3pc wrath of the imperium, giving me 75% crit chance on impulse. hold down block, dont ever let it go. keep elemental drain and force siphon up on the mob at all times and keep them refreshed, cinder storm should be on the ground at all times for more damage/dodge chance/ult generation on cast, toggle on flames of oblivion and magelight and dps as much as possible with impulse for ult to ensure you dont have any gaps in corrosive armor, if corrosive armor falls and you arent blocking you will get oneshot. i used unstoppable on the bogdan fight to hard cap my spell/fire resist and help with the spam mind control from the adds.
  • podlechceb17_ESO
    Crescent wrote: »

No, it's the DK passive that refunds him magicka, stamina, and ultimate every time he uses an ultimate that's the problem.

[...]

And in any case Green Dragon's Blood is also OP as well.
    [..,]

So you have a class that's not only immensely survivable, but has the strongest group utility, and competitive DPS.

I am talking ONLY about this fight not all other things.

Here yes he regains stats but most of the time when he starts ulti he has full Health full Mana (btw mana probably due to Destro staff passive). Ok he probably need the stamina.

Second the DPS here comes not through DK Skills may be wrong again can you tell me which it is here for me it looks like only Destro Staff.

Yes DK is overpowered but in my opinion 90% because of posibility of Ulti Spamming. Ulti Spamming seems totally wrong to me.

I may be wrong but can you tell me which DK skill he is using apart from Ulti (not on skilline but using (you can see what he is activating) I may missed or misintrerpreted a icon but i dont see one.

I may be wrong again but i think he dont have the morph green Dragon blood.

Bakarr.
  • yake82
    yake82
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, gee... After few weeks release, vast playerbase finds skills that might need some rebalancing.

Who didn't see that coming?
  • Kililin
    Kililin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't get why this is a problem.
    Grats for the clear.
  • davidhorstub17_ESO
    davidhorstub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Crescent wrote: »

[...]

And in any case Green Dragon's Blood is also OP as well.
    [..,]

I am talking ONLY about this fight not all other things.

Here yes he regains stats but most of the time when he starts ulti he has full Health full Mana (btw mana probably due to Destro staff passive). Ok he probably need the stamina.

Second the DPS here comes not through DK Skills may be wrong again can you tell me which it is here for me it looks like only Destro Staff.

Yes DK is overpowered but in my opinion 90% because of posibility of Ulti Spamming. Ulti Spamming seems totally wrong to me.

I may be wrong but can you tell me which DK skill he is using apart from Ulti (not on skilline but using (you can see what he is activating) I may missed or misintrerpreted a icon but i dont see one.

I may be wrong again but i think he dont have the morph green Dragon blood.

Bakarr.

im using a resto staff and a destro staff, 2 abilities are always toggled on which is magelight (mage guild) and flames of oblivion (dk). the rotation is elemental drain (destro), force siphon (resto), cinder storm (dk), impulse spam (destro) for 8 secs, then start the rotation over again. ult every 15 secs to allow me to tank him and the fire, throwing in unstoppable (heavy armor) to hard cap spell resist to help with the fire damage and to immune some of the adds mind controls, dragon blood (dk) when needed if getting chunked while corrosive is down. so its like a 6 or 7 button rotation and requires constant wep swapping which you'll notice if you watch my action bars. its a lot more in depth than the standard one wep and 3 buttons that 99% of the people i have ran dungeons with use. id love to have like 4 more buttons to fill in damage spells/dots instead of just impulse spam but the ui is limited.
  • podlechceb17_ESO
    Thanks for clarification than i was wrong :-)
  • Andy22
    Andy22
    ✭✭✭
    Ofc DK can do this, its "DK Online" after all.
    Edited by Andy22 on May 16, 2014 10:11AM
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ult every 15 secs
    This is the problem.
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Andy22 wrote: »
    Just look into same Solo Posts on NB

• Xanxarib16_ESO
    the problem is Ulti spam. they just need to fix it so you CANT GAIN ULTIMATE WHEN YOU HAVE AN ULTIMATE RUNNING! its that simple, but this is zenimax so they will fail again!
  • Andy22
    Andy22
    ✭✭✭
    Andy22 wrote: »
    Just look into same Solo Posts on NB

I did, where are those or u mean the video that use a known exploit?

Its funny that we need to compare a obvious exploit/bug to a "good" DK rotation of "working" skills, this rather demonstrates my point quite well :smile:

The main reason this works, is because of the Ultimate he uses. He caps his received damage to 3% max. HP, which if kept up is practically dmg immunity to a single boss or multiple slow hitting adds.

PS: Btw he is also using some small form of bug, but it might work even without it.

Edited by Andy22 on May 16, 2014 3:08PM
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grats. Impressive video.

IMO it should be impossible to do this though. Should be fixed. I'd suggest:

1.Blocking with a non-shield is vastly too effective, especially for DKs and Templars with their increases block mitigation, and especially considering you can hold it during instant cast very powerful high damage abilities such as impulse. Fix:
    - Base blocking mitigation for non shield wearers is now 25%. (Shields remain 50%)
    - Base blocking cost for everyone at vr10 increased by 100 stamina. Sword and shield passive reduction cost increased 20% to compensate.
    - Templar and DK increased blocking mitigation passive only function with a shield now.

2. Magma armor is an amazing ultimate, and imo should remain amazing. All ultimates should be extremely impressive. However, the cost is extremely cheap, less so then many other vastly weaker ultimates. Ultra powerful ultimates like that should not be able to be active so frequently. Increase the cost to 350.

3. Bogden plain and simply does not hit hard enough, so no real tank is required. Increase his melee damage output by 100%, breath attack by 25%, and critical hit chance by 10%.

Those 3 simple fixes should make it near impossible to solo. Or at the very least make it take so much longer that it wouldn't be much fun, while not really ruining the core gameplay at all for groups, or changing the dk class much at all.

And oh yea: Next time: Solo him on hard-mode (undaunted).

PS:
    Imo the hardest tactically dungeon is fungal grotto. And thankfully it's plain not soloable.

Edited by Axer on May 16, 2014 7:40PM
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    DogeRobert wrote: »
    b) Your add-ons. I've been looking forever for one who accurately shows buffs and debuffs like yours do.
    The two addons that appear on his screen:

1. Foundry Tactical Combat (this is what displays the buffs and makes his unit frames look ugly)
    2. Combat Log Statistics
  • Xanxarib16_ESO
    Axer wrote: »
    Grats. Impressive video.

IMO it should be impossible to do this though. Should be fixed. I'd suggest:

1.Blocking with a non-shield is vastly too effective, especially for DKs and Templars with their increases block mitigation, and especially considering you can hold it during instant cast very powerful high damage abilities such as impulse. Fix:
    - Base blocking mitigation for non shield wearers is now 25%. (Shields remain 50%)
    - Base blocking cost for everyone at vr10 increased by 100 stamina. Sword and shield passive reduction cost increased 20% to compensate.
    - Templar and DK increased blocking mitigation passive only function with a shield now.

2. Magma armor is an amazing ultimate, and imo should remain amazing. All ultimates should be extremely impressive. However, the cost is extremely cheap, less so then many other vastly weaker ultimates. Ultra powerful ultimates like that should not be able to be active so frequently. Increase the cost to 350.

3. Bogden plain and simply does not hit hard enough, so no real tank is required. Increase his melee damage output by 100%, breath attack by 25%, and critical hit chance by 10%.

Those 3 simple fixes should make it near impossible to solo. Or at the very least make it take so much longer that it wouldn't be much fun, while not really ruining the core gameplay at all for groups, or changing the dk class much at all.

And oh yea: Next time: Solo him on hard-mode (undaunted).

PS:
    Imo the hardest tactically dungeon is fungal grotto. And thankfully it's plain not soloable.

1st. he dont need to block when he have he's ultimate running.
    2nd. yes it is great and the extra cost will not fix it, the problem is the ultimate gain when we have an ultimate running.
    3rd. no bogdan hit with flamebreath for 1870 on a vamp tank, but the ultimate reduce it to 3% of he's max hp.

4th. you have no clue what you are talking abourt here, just get it into your head that its not the ultimate it self that is the problem, but is infact the ultimate gain when we have an ultimate running that is the whole problem.
  • davidhorstub17_ESO
    davidhorstub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    blocking damage generates ultimate, so yeah even with corrosive running you want to be blocking so you can refresh it again in 15 secs, if you dont have corrosive up and you run out of stam youre dead.
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭

1st. he dont need to block when he have he's ultimate running.
    2nd. yes it is great and the extra cost will not fix it, the problem is the ultimate gain when we have an ultimate running.
    3rd. no bogdan hit with flamebreath for 1870 on a vamp tank, but the ultimate reduce it to 3% of he's max hp.

4th. you have no clue what you are talking abourt here, just get it into your head that its not the ultimate it self that is the problem, but is infact the ultimate gain when we have an ultimate running that is the whole problem.

1. He does anyways. He holds his rightclick the entire video, as there is no real penalty for doing so.
    2. Perhaps, I just prefer buffs/increases against nerfs. If you feel the answer is instead nerfing the DK passive/ultimate generation with it going, maybe. I think there is another solution, but well see how the devs react.
    3. Bogdan crit hit me for 2100 with flame breath. Im not a vampire. So no. His base crit on a vamp could do 3k. Thats too low imo. I have 2800 hp and I only put 35 of attributes ins health, and never enchanted my armor for it either. He's too easy to tank.
    4. I understand the problem VERY well, I have an insane amount of experience in this particular dungeon ,and knowledge about the game and ultimate generation. I get that he gets it very fast, but I don't like to suggest nerfs as the solution. So no, your rude comment isn't gonna change my stance. I feel they can balance against that by increasing the costs and minor changes to other game mechanics.

If the only final solution must be to nerf DKs, so be it. Personally I think the devs should buff the encounter difficulty, and all non-DK classes, but thats my opinion.

Either way, its clear there is VAST difference in the class balance right now, with it being very clearly:

1st/Best: DK

15th place tied: Templar/Sorc

Doesn't register it's so bad: Nightblade
  • Xanxarib16_ESO
    Axer an increase in cost is a nerf, so plz understand that and please understand an increase in ultimate cost wont fix the problem of DK's stacking or refreshing ultimates.
    the more that hit us and the more our fire dot's AoE hits there more ultimate we gain. try and tank 30+ mobs and you will notice that you can trow your own ultimate every 5 sec. thats insane, and the right fix for this is that no one should be able to generate ultimate when they have and ultimate up.

PS i have never seen Bogdan crit hit me not one singel time with he's flamebreath and it only hits me for 1870 damage and i am a vamp tank.
    Multiple players keep thinking that bosses can crit hit on there speciel attacks, but i havent seen one boss crit hit me with there speciel attacks. and i am a VR 10 DK vamp tank, been that for weeks now! been in the dungeons multiple times so plz take a look in your combat log! before you make false statements!
    Edited by Xanxarib16_ESO on May 17, 2014 3:59PM
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    PS i have never seen Bogdan crit hit me not one singel time with he's flamebreath and it only hits me for 1870 damage and i am a vamp tank.
    Multiple players keep thinking that bosses can crit hit on there speciel attacks, but i havent seen one boss crit hit me with there speciel attacks. and i am a VR 10 DK vamp tank, been that for weeks now! been in the dungeons multiple times so plz take a look in your combat log! before you make false statements!

I have tanked him over 50 times.

His regular breath hits me for 1100. It crits me for 2100.

I run combat log statistics and seen this dozens of times. He's turned me into ash piles, as thats what happens when you die to a critically hit.

Every boss in the game can critical hit with all attacks. I've seen players, including myself get turned into ash piles MANY times versus many many bosses .They crit.

So please stop making horribly poor assumptions on my part.

And congrats on being insanely lucky by not getting crit and noticing it, playing the most OP class and being incredibly dismissive in the process.

Perhaps DKs also have a secret crit immunity passive, who knows.

And yea duh an increase is a nerf.

But there is a massive difference between a nerf players will notice and complain about, and minor cost adjustment that won't affect them in straight numbers/mechanics, just in how often they can use that one ability.

Either way, ZO has no idea how to balance this game, since they are buffing DKs next patch and nerfing the already vastly weaker classes like templar.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Petrify and Spiked armor are getting minor, barely noticeable buffs.

Do you really want to complain about Petrify and Spiked Armor?
  • Khuul99
    Khuul99
    ✭✭
    They need to fix the obviously broken/overpowered) mechanics and after they done the basics they can start thinking about the individual skills/abilities themselves.

The discouraging thing about the next patch notes is that the message for DK adjustment is buffs (it might not be big deals because of the skills they buff) but there is nothing that even hints that they will fix the broken mechanics.

This is what worries me. Do they not have anyone that can act on stopping really broken behavious asap.
    Just stop all ultimate gain while an ultimate is running and after that figure out how to do it for real if that isn't a good enough change. Leaving this kinda of mechanics in for months while you ponder on the "ultimate solution" for the fix is just bad for the game.

• grizzbi
    grizzbi
    ✭✭✭
    Now prepare for many more DKs using this exploit all over the place. And one more month to fix it.
  • Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Playing with 2 DK in my premade.. Its insane ..
  • Xanxarib16_ESO
    Axer wrote: »

I have tanked him over 50 times.

His regular breath hits me for 1100. It crits me for 2100.

I run combat log statistics and seen this dozens of times. He's turned me into ash piles, as thats what happens when you die to a critically hit.

Every boss in the game can critical hit with all attacks. I've seen players, including myself get turned into ash piles MANY times versus many many bosses .They crit.

So please stop making horribly poor assumptions on my part.

And congrats on being insanely lucky by not getting crit and noticing it, playing the most OP class and being incredibly dismissive in the process.

Perhaps DKs also have a secret crit immunity passive, who knows.

And yea duh an increase is a nerf.

But there is a massive difference between a nerf players will notice and complain about, and minor cost adjustment that won't affect them in straight numbers/mechanics, just in how often they can use that one ability.

Either way, ZO has no idea how to balance this game, since they are buffing DKs next patch and nerfing the already vastly weaker classes like templar.

funny for not one boss can crit in PvE, comfirmed by multiple sources like Tamriel Foundry just to mention one of the bigger ones and if you watched the live stream last night again, not one boss did a crit hit, so maybe you should stop your assumption? :wink:
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    And its videos like this that cause nerfs, then people cry cause of the nerfs.
  • wllstrt75b14_ESO
    wllstrt75b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously? Are people crying about pve nerds based on pve encounters? True balance is seen in pvp where these classes actually face off against each other.

This guy should be applauded for his efforts as I am guessing a lot of dks will not accomplish this guys task due to a lack of skill.

I'm guessing with proper skill all classes can solo him.