Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

An Idea for Werecritters

WraithAzraiel
WraithAzraiel
✭✭✭✭✭
Since Hircine is the Daedric Prince of Manbeasts and not just specifically werewolves, wouldn't it be nice to see in the future - some other variations of werecritters?

For instance, I forget which expansion it was but weren't there, once upon a time, werebears and the like in past TES titles?

Or better yet, make the werecreature race-bound.
IE: Argronians with the Sanis Lupinis instead have the virus mutate into Sanis Crocodilis or something of the like, effectively having them transform into WereCrocodiles.

The human races and elf races of course get the werewolf as it is.
Khajit transform into WereSenche or Weretigers.

Nords can have Werebear.

So on and so forth.

Now I know there will be outcry akin to "That's not fair! I'm an Argonian and I wanna be a Werebear! NERF THIS IMMEDIATELY"

But what if, hypothetically speaking, once said bitten individual - no matter the race, reached lvl 6 in the renamed Werebeast skill line, they could pass on their particular brand of the were-disease to others of various races.

IE: Once an Argonian "pureblood" Werecrocodile reached lvl 6 in the skill and took the "Insert Name Here" passive skill that allows you to bite players once a week - that Argonian could then in turn, bite a Wood Elf and BOOM, a Miniature Werecrocodile is born!

What do you think?
Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
#Tamriel_BETA_Team
#BETA_TESTER4LYF
DominionMasterRace
#GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
#SEEMSLEGIT
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also - a vampire lord transform in the future would be awesome. But it'd have to be balanced properly.

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
    Options
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    see thats what i was thinking because logic.

except i think it should be racially bound end of story. keep it all the same but itll just look different. Argonian man beast could look like a daedroth

i also saw a creature called a werebat. i would pay 200k to be a werebat
    Edited by Zhoyzu on May 16, 2014 9:54AM
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

Options
  • Oronell
    Oronell
    ✭✭✭
    How's this?

Argonian - Were Crocodile (lore)
    Bosmer - Were Rat/Skeever (if too silly then Were Fox, Lol)
    Khajit - Were Tiger
    Nord - Were Bear (lore)
    Breton - Were Boar (lore)
    Altmer - Were Vulture (lore - basically a Harpy)
    Redguard - Were Lion (lore)
    Orsimer - Were Bull (basically a Minotaur)
    Dunmer - Were Bat (already in game - could be Hircine's affront to Vampirism)

and if they add Maormer - Wereshark (lore)
    Edited by Oronell on May 25, 2014 2:47PM
    Options
  • ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oronell wrote: »
    How's this?

...Bosmer - Were Rat/Skeever (if too silly then Were Fox, Lol)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

Edited by ScardyFox on May 25, 2014 4:27PM
    Options
  • Oronell
    Oronell
    ✭✭✭
    @ScardyFox LOL!

I actually found some pretty vicious and cool looking Wererat pics. Not at all what I was expecting. It could work, give them the best sneak and disease based attacks and viola! Lol.
    Edited by Oronell on May 25, 2014 11:07PM
    Options
  • ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ScardyFox LOL!

I actually found some pretty vicious and cool looking Wererat pics. Not at all what I was expecting. It could work, give them the best sneak and disease based attacks and viola! Lol.

But I dun'wanna be a wererat...

;___;
    Options
  • Oronell
    Oronell
    ✭✭✭
    ScardyFox wrote: »

;___;

I feel you my friend. Should be entirely optional, like Werewolf is the default but you can choose other beast forms based on your race or by seeking out a pureblood like the OP suggested.
    Options
  • ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ScardyFox wrote: »

;___;

I feel you my friend. Should be entirely optional, like Werewolf is the default but you can choose other beast forms based on your race or by seeking out a pureblood like the OP suggested.

Now that I would be for 1000%.

Options
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can dig it.

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
    Options
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This race based were thing is silly; All were creatures in Tamriel come from the form of infection -not- your race. If you are bit by a Werebear, Werewolf, Werecrocodile, ect..... you then become the said version of were creature, regardless of your race.

Also the were creature that is native to Valenwood is the Werevulture. Not a wererat

A list of known were creatures in Tamriel are as follows.

Werebear

Wereboar

Werecrocodile

Werevulture

Werewolf

Each one has a province or provinces of native habitat

There are two extra but either do not exist anymore or only exsited in the imagination of the people of Tamriel. They are the Weredaedroth and the Wereshark. The weredaedroth was only made once by Hircine in order to win a bet with Sheogorath; he still lost the bet.
    Options
  • Oronell
    Oronell
    ✭✭✭
    Tessitura wrote: »
    This race based were thing is silly; All were creatures in Tamriel come from the form of infection -not- your race. If you are bit by a Werebear, Werewolf, Werecrocodile, ect..... you then become the said version of were creature, regardless of your race.

There was no such thing as Werebats in Tamriel until this game so I'm pretty sure any type of Were creature can be introduced. The explanation would be simple, Hircine is a being of extraordinary power and its already proven he can create almost any type of were creature he wants. If he wanted to limit the aspects of certain beasts to particular race for some special reason or just for fun, it would be typical behavior of a Daedric Prince.
    Options
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was a suggested idea - a way to make the implementation these versions easier on the devs and the player population.

Not to be taken for scripture or anything.

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
    Options
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There was no such thing as Werebats in Tamriel until this game so I'm pretty sure any type of Were creature can be introduced. The explanation would be simple, Hircine is a being of extraordinary power and its already proven he can create almost any type of were creature he wants. If he wanted to limit the aspects of certain beasts to particular race for some special reason or just for fun, it would be typical behavior of a Daedric Prince.

Where have you seen a Werebat? There are giant bats, but I have not seen a werebat. Could you post a screen shot for me? Because if there are werebats, then I missed it somewhere and would like to know about them.
    Options
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To all the previous peeps doubting the existence of Werebats in Tamriel.
    Look no further than the foggy marshy regions of Southern Greenshade.

FDE3A775DB2A851F962E570FABE68E1B6D8A453A
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
    Options
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also we need Weresharks and Wereoctopi
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
    Options
  • Oronell
    Oronell
    ✭✭✭
    Dekkameron wrote: »

Thanks. This is exactly where I ran into them.
    Options
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be damned, how about that. Need to add werebat to the list then.
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also we need Weresharks and Wereoctopi

Could be fun, but that should be Wereoctopuses (Octopus pluralises as either Octopuses or Octopodes because while the Octo is Latin, the Pus is from Ancient Greek).

I would like to see Wererattels, the Rattel or Honey Badger is an extremely dangerous animal, and is reckoned to be the most dangerous vertebrate on a risk/weight basis.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on July 1, 2014 2:26PM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just came across a M'aiq quote mentioning Weresharks.

"M'aiq has only come across one Wereshark, and he was afraid of water"
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options