Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Whoops! I appear to have done the Rift backwards!

Dekkameron
Dekkameron
✭✭✭✭✭
Hullo.

I have recently been levelling up my EP character in the Rift and just roaming around doing quests and exploring as normal.. but....
I inadvertently did the "final battle against Sinmur (the big ghostly giant guy)" within about an hour of entering the Rift and am now getting lots of quests to "Forge a legendary weapon to help kill Sinmur"

I'm like... Eh? I've already killed him and i didn't need a special weapon. Although this does make what the Skald-King say whilst engaging the giant make more sense as he jabbered about some shards or somesuch..

eJcdjxu.jpg

This has also made followup quests etc a little annoying to find now.

- Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • JJDrakken
    JJDrakken
    ✭✭✭
    I did the same, I thought it was very odd.
    Leader of Oblivion Crisis. Bunch of Daedric Worshiping MF's. We'll Bang Ok.
  • michaelpatrickjonesnub18_ESO
    Had this happen in several provinces.

Not an open world game.

They force-feed you the next location. And expect you to stay on the tracks.

Though they would deny this is what actually happens in their game.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is hilarious and awesome.

It also shows why "run of and pick a direction" is not viable in this game except for in Cyrodil.

The quests are absolutely guided content.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Kilmeisterub17_ESO
    Kilmeisterub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah, I did the same. Not really a problem, but it made a bunch of quests seem quite pointless and anticlimatic.
    "Omg, Sinmur is going to kill us all... Oh you killed him already... well then"

"We need to forge this axe to destroy sinmur!"
    "You did what?...Oh he is?.....Well... ummm.... the axe is still broken... fix it and stuff... thanks pal!"
  • Aureli
    Aureli
    ✭✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    This is hilarious and awesome.

It also shows why "run of and pick a direction" is not viable in this game except for in Cyrodil.

The quests are absolutely guided content.

It still works, but may I ask how you expect them to create an interactive story and still allowing you to do almost anything in any order, without this happening?