Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Veteran Content; Gear Enchants and Attributes?

Xozah
Xozah
✭✭✭
Hello guys.

Iv'e heard that when you hit Veteran content you should replace all attributes points to health since health gives 15health per point instead of 10stamina or 10 magicka for the others.

and that you should put magicka and stamina on gear instead since they give the same amount.

But I'm an enchanter and they give far from the same;

vet1-3 glyph blue with magicka gives 69magicka.
vet1-3 glyph blue with stamina gives 69stamina.
vet1-3 glyph blue with health gives 103health.

I currently have all attributes points in magicka which is 49. that would give me a 490. magicka increase. and my gear enchants gives 535 health.

If i would change my attributes to health it would give 735. and my enchants to magicka would give 384

Meaning switching the stats would give me an increase in health by 200 and magicka loss by 106.

Magicka is very important for me even if it's only a 106 magicka loss.

Did I miss something or could someone maybe shed some light on this for me?

thanks for any possible help.
  • Andy22
    Andy22
    ✭✭✭
    Your evaluation looks sound, here are some more points u could take into consideration.
    • What food/drink u want to use?
    • Do u need to quickly switch your build; HP->Magicka->Sta?
    • What dropped sets/items u want to use and what are there "locked" stats?
    • Which mundus stone u want to use?

So what u try, is to reach the softcap for your main stat's and add the needed HP for the roles u want to play.
    Edited by Andy22 on May 15, 2014 12:36PM
  • Xozah
    Xozah
    ✭✭✭
    Andy22 wrote: »
    Your evaluation looks sound, here are some more points u could take into consideration.
    • What food/drink u want to use?
    • Do u need to quickly switch your build; HP->Magicka->Sta?
    • What dropped sets/items u want to use and what are there "locked" stats?
    • Which mundus stone u want to use?

So what u try, is to reach the softcap for your main stat's and add the needed HP for the roles u want to play.

Ah thanks mate that's one thing I haven't thought about. Set items. Most of my sets comes with magicka.

Thanks for the insight.

• ljb2k5_ESO
    ljb2k5_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Did you account for infused gear enhancing the enchantment? And that anything that goes over the softcap isn't useful?
  • Xozah
    Xozah
    ✭✭✭
    ljb2k5_ESO wrote: »
    Did you account for infused gear enhancing the enchantment? And that anything that goes over the softcap isn't useful?

short answer. yes. :)

• Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @haesteneb17_ESO‌

I would say the reverse.

Put all your points in magicka if that is what you use.
    Or in stamina.
    Health only give 15 max health.

If you put in stamina or magicka you will get 10 more to max and a little more
    damage to your skills.

15x49=735 health
    10x49=490magicka/stamina
    Kuta glyph v1-3:114x3+45x4=522 (if you have infused you get more)

Unless I were a tank I would not want to lose dmg over 200hp.
    Edited by Yakidafi on May 18, 2014 7:12AM
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Xozah
    Xozah
    ✭✭✭
    I have full blue vet rank 2 gear with Infused on.
    All my enchants are of blue quality.

My head and chest gives 117 health.
    Shoulders, gloves, belt and boots give 30 magicka.
    legs give 78 magicka.

my rings and neck gives 31 magicka each (just adding the info so the stats adds up, have nothing to do with enchants.)

I also have the mundus stone: The Lord Which gives health.

I also use lvl 50 food which gives 283 health and magicka.

with all this my stats are:

Magicka: 1893+14/1879
    Health: 2488+33/2455

edit: forgot to mention that i changed my attributes from 49 magicka to 49 health.

This is at Vet rank 3.

I prefer this, than overcapping my magicka and losing lots of stats. The extra health helps me a lot, many random players even at vet rank 5 are running around with like 1700 hp. This was not very fun when I did a vet dungeon the other day and 1 player pretty much didn't have enough health to survive a certain attack.

I also now have the option to use set items, many set items that drops for my class/build comes with locked magicka enchant. With the other build I was already capped on magicka and had full hp enchants. If i wanted a set item I would lose even more health and overcap magicka even more.

Now I can replace gear I have, if i find a set item, since some of my parts already has magicka.

I cannot see any downside at all with this "build".
    Edited by Xozah on May 18, 2014 11:20AM