Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Vampire scam

Daendur
Daendur
✭✭✭
Yesterday a player tried to buy a vampire bite from one of my friends.
He sent 2 emails with the money. The first one arrived immediately (with 2500g).
My friend said some money were missing and didn't bite him.
Buyer suddenly reported him and logged out.
After more or less 30 min the second mail arrived...

If you read this post (or you know the guy who wanted to buy the bite), please send me a PM or a whisper (me or the other guy) in game this evening.

It was just an email delay problem, no scam was intended. Contact us for get what you payed for.

• Nashaan
    Nashaan
    Soul Shriven
    You make no mention of the money being returned so intended or not, your friend still scammed the buyer. When the second mail didn't show up your friend should have sent the 2.5k back, 30 minutes later when the second mail showed up that should have been returned too.

The buyer thought he had been scammed so reported it, if the money had been returned it would show up in the logs when the report was looked at.

TBH, trying to rectify it on the forum is probably the least effective way of doing it. Your friend got a mail from the buyer and was in a whisper conversation with them (I assume) so he knows their char name/ handle ingame.

Not quite sure why your friend wouldn't just do what the rest of us do and open a trade at the shrine .. but each to their own I guess lol.
  • Tarwin
    Tarwin
    ✭✭✭
    Funny how paranoid everyone is from all the bad vamp transactions.

If this is all legit, next time before they send him money, advise them there can sometimes be a delay in mail and to temporarily "friend" him in case something goes wrong

Build trust with your customers and the word will spread to earn your more business (although I still think the premise on selling a bite is silly and it shouldn't be possible to keep Vamps and WW uniqueish)
  • Kililin
    Kililin
    ✭✭✭✭
    i reported you for trolling.
    if you wanted to give the money or the bite back you could have done it by looking up the name on the mail. or the mail of one of your friends...
  • Daendur
    Daendur
    ✭✭✭
    obviously open a trade is a better way but the buyer sent money without even saying it...
    i don't get why trying to reach that guy using the forum to reassure him (since nor I nor my friend can log in now) is considered someting bad.
    Of course this evening he will have his bite or his money, meanwhile i'm writing here.

• Treluk
    Treluk
    ✭✭
    Nashaan wrote: »
    You make no mention of the money being returned so intended or not, your friend still scammed the buyer. When the second mail didn't show up your friend should have sent the 2.5k back, 30 minutes later when the second mail showed up that should have been returned too.

The buyer thought he had been scammed so reported it, if the money had been returned it would show up in the logs when the report was looked at.

TBH, trying to rectify it on the forum is probably the least effective way of doing it. Your friend got a mail from the buyer and was in a whisper conversation with them (I assume) so he knows their char name/ handle ingame.

Not quite sure why your friend wouldn't just do what the rest of us do and open a trade at the shrine .. but each to their own I guess lol.

You make no sense. I aint no vamp and all, but its only logical to wait with the bite untill the money is recieved no?

It's no scamming if there is a mail delay :s he just needs to be more freaking patient instead of reporting, logging out and crying in a corner..
    Doubt is the key to knowledge - The Shadow Key
    Coldharbor calls, Nirn obeys - Exiled from Exile, Volume 7
    Faith conquers all. Let us yield to Faith - A Dunmer Commoner
  • Rayadrel
    Rayadrel
    ✭✭✭
    I'm unsure as to why you'd use mail and not a simple trade.
    Or why your friend wouldn't send this money back.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rayadrel wrote: »
    I'm unsure as to why you'd use mail and not a simple trade.
    Or why your friend wouldn't send this money back.
    Greed my friend, it causes many problems.

IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Anvos
    Anvos
    ✭✭✭
    I believe the answer is be part of the solution to the pay for bite issue and not part of the problem.

Free Bites!!!
    Edited by Anvos on May 18, 2014 9:00AM