Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Siphoning ult morph bug?

Thejollygreenone
Thejollygreenone
✭✭✭
This very well may be intended, but here's the problem I see. The siphoning ult starts out as an pbaoe damage and stun. It can be morphed to add a single target damage effect (soul tether), all other effects remain intact as is stated in the morph preface.

However, the other available morph (soul siphon) which adds a 3-ally heal, loses the stun accompanied by the pbaoe damage. This loss of an effect is not stated in the morph preface tooltip.

If it is intended, it REALLY should be put in that tooltip to properly inform players of the ability choice they are making, in this case the loss of a quite powerful pbaoe stun.

Bump for support, or to explain to me why it's ok for this to be happening, contrary to my belief.
  • Ralathar44
    Ralathar44
    ✭✭✭
    *bump*

Raising this thread from the dead because this is a fairly serious issue. It's the only morph I know of that removes functionality from a skill. It also completely changes the use of the skill.

It's supposed to be an added effect, not a skill neutering.
    Some questions answer themselves:
    So what is the problem with building specifically against an oil farm????

oil farm????
    Options
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    they addressed this in the PTS, its now stated in the tooltip i believe, and i'm not sure if this was the case before but soul siphon now does less damage than the base ultimate with 1.2 on top of no stun. i'm officially not using this skill for damage anymore since i need it for healing.
    Options
  • Ralathar44
    Ralathar44
    ✭✭✭
    What other skill in this game completely changes the nature of the ability in a morph? (btw the tooltip is accurate in game, it's just broken to be how it is).

This would be similar to making Your Agony go from CC and Damage to single target HOT. It is a complete re-write of the ability and no other morph does that.

oil farm????
    Options
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    yeah i'm not happy about it either, but i doubt we can expect it to change anytime soon.

i really see no reason why it should lose its damage effectiveness but in the end the devs rule.
    Options
  • Ralathar44
    Ralathar44
    ✭✭✭
    yeah i'm not happy about it either, but i doubt we can expect it to change anytime soon.

i really see no reason why it should lose its damage effectiveness but in the end the devs rule.

I honestly don't think it's intended. Every morph adds an effect or amplifies the original ability in some way. This one re-writes it and actually removes functionality completely changing the reason you'd use it.

I've bugged it in game and gone through the help system and I received a response that they were escalating it. I'm unsure if that is just a generic response but I'll let you know if I get more concrete information.

All I can do for the moment is to ensure this is visible.
    Edited by Ralathar44 on June 10, 2014 2:29AM

oil farm????
    Options