The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestion for Drop rate of VR10 sets

Hearts
Hearts
✭✭✭
The drop rate for the VR 10 sets (Worm Cult, Ebon and Savior) are way too damn low!
I've been running Wayrest Sewers religiously for like a week now so that i can get my Worm Cult set for Craglorn.
So how much have i run it?

Ive got every achievement, speed run, undaunted, Bone colossus and zombie.. but i got those early.
Ive killed 1000 enemies in dungeons.. almost purely from Wayrest Sewers, ive run every other dungeon once and thats it.
Ive killed 500 named enemies in dungeons (thats 500 bosses) almost only from Wayrest!
Ive healed for 600k in dungeons.. and ive NEVER healed! Ive seriously healed 600k purely on my Crystal Fragment which heals for 5% of my health, quick math shows that ive casted my Crystal Fragment spell 5504 times in a dungeon.. thats a lot!
Ive blocked 1 million damage.. and im single target DPS sorcerer!

Ive lost track on how many times ive run this dungeon.. you get about one VR10 set piece item once every 3-5 dungeons.
What do i have to show for it?

2x Ebon Pauldrons
1x Ebon Greaves
2x Ebon Cuirass

1x Saviors Belt

1x Breeches of the Worm Cult (yay)
4x Hat of the Worm Cult.. FOUR of them! Thats like a kick in the balls, its like the game is taunting me.. This isnt Team Fortress 2 damnit! One hat is good, two hats is okay there is a chance for that happening (Given the fact that theres 21 items in the loot table with like 5% chance to drop each giving me less than 1% chance to get two of the same item).. Getting three of them and it starts to get annoying but i got a tip, i can enchant one for magicka, one for stamina and for health.. But getting four.. FOUR, I DONT HAVE ENOUGH ENCHANTS FOR THAT! I CANT HAVE TWO STAMINA OR TWO HEALTH OR TWO MAGICKA, THAT RUINS THE SYMMETRY! THINK ABOUT THE SYMMETRY!

Okay, my 5 am morning rant is over.

On a serious note, having the items have a low drop chance is fine but ive run this dungeon like what, 50 times now? And im nowhere near to get the set, running it 50 times should be enough to get the whole set. The majority of the people who have the sets got it from exploiting the Darkshade Caverns bug.
You need to up the drop chance, even making it drop one set item per boss still gives you four items per run, theres 21 items total so you would still have to farm it around 10 times to get a gear, making it drop one item per dungeon (Maybe the last boss have a 100% chance to drop one of the 21) would be good.
But at this rate its almost not worth it because at the moment the game is like this (PvE wise).

Level 1-50, then do equivalent of 1-44, then do equivalent of 1-44 again, thats a level cap of 138 instead of the 50 most people think. So you got a Veteran Grind which is really boring.. After that comes the gear grind, some people might go for a crafted set bonus which is perfectly fine but Ive seen a majority go for the dropped set bonuses because, well they stack if two in your group has the set (16% less magicka cost is a lot or 50% more stamina regeneration even).
So adding upon the dull Veteran Grind which most people are already complaining about, you've also added a Dungeon grind because the only two reasons to redo a dungeon is for item or achievement, and you can get the achievement pretty quickly.
You have no end game content other than the dungeon (PvE wise) but its extremely grindy right now, its almost not worth the grind given the fact that Craglorn will come out with even better gear.. Making these dungeons completely useless.
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woot, first post.. I almost read all of that.
    Seems like fun *Cough*
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝