The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Armor Previews are a Lie

MrBimo
MrBimo
✭✭
My khajiit nightblade is supposed to be in a full black leather armor set, as according to the preview on character creation, (that i loved originally) one of the main reasons i leveled up a nightblade, does not exist, thats right black armor does not exist folks, my character is full legendary vet rank 10 and it is not black, just brown and gold like before, this really sucks, its like having been lied to by a friend you once trusted. Why zenimax, just why, im probably not the only one who likes their character to look pretty, and now it cant be the way i wanted it from day one, sorry for the rant but i just wanted you guys to know, that the armor doesnt exist.
Edited by MrBimo on May 14, 2014 11:57PM
PS4 - CP 300
F/ Khajiit Nightblade - Midnight Quasar
M/ Khajiit Templar - Tribune Lightbringer
M/ Breton Sorcerer - Vengeful Wanderer
M/ Argonian Dragonknight - Blue Slitherscale
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they can sell Black Dye in Patch 1.1 for an insane amount of gold.
    The cake is also a lie
    Options
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love my khajiit armour V2 Legendary
    front
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=jfgks4&s=8
    back
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=15s8pci&s=8

Did not expect it to be full black though, would look ugly in my opinion.

Edit: can add that the preview pocture is way too small, should be able to see on the char or similar.
    Edited by Yakidafi on May 15, 2014 12:32PM
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
    Options
  • Tabia
    Tabia
    I crafted a new set of bosmer lvl 42 med armor last night. It had an overall dark grey look that i really liked. At least until i improved the quality. At green the accent trim turned golden, the rest brown. At blue, more gold and an uglier brown. I really hate the look.
    Options
  • Catches_the_Sun
    Catches_the_Sun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fortified Shank & Potato Pie does not contain potatoes. I rest my case.
    Catches-the-Sun - Argonian Templar - Master Smith, Provisioner, Chemist & Tailor
    Valaren Arobone - Dunmer Flamewalker - Master Woodworker, Provisioner, Assassin
    Kazahad - Khajiiti Arcane Archer - Master Thief
    V'orkten - Redguard Swordmaster
    Finnvardr the Frenzied - Werewolf Berzerker
    Options
  • MrBimo
    MrBimo
    ✭✭
    I just don't understand it, and yes I liked that colour too, but you have to improve it if you want better armour eventually
    PS4 - CP 300
    F/ Khajiit Nightblade - Midnight Quasar
    M/ Khajiit Templar - Tribune Lightbringer
    M/ Breton Sorcerer - Vengeful Wanderer
    M/ Argonian Dragonknight - Blue Slitherscale
    Options
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good thing they're adding dyes... Because damn... You have to pretty much stay at green/blue quality for good-looking armor.

The bonuses from purple and gold aren't even that great anyway. What is it? Like 3 - 5% difference? lol.
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
    Options
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lord_Hev‌
    Make a big difference with traits.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
    Options
  • Pizzathegreat
    Pizzathegreat
    ✭✭
    I asked the same thing on the Tamriel foundry forums, still no answer.

Its sad because I was really looking forward to the vet rank armor/cloth but...

If you want the colors that are shown on the preview (when you create a character) the only way to get them is to craft on spidersilk/ full leather. And that is level 36/40.

Then when you start getting more level and improved materials (I am currently at vr7) all you get is shiny greens or weird oranges or pink/purple or cyan for cloth and grey/brown/green for leathers... and it get even worse if you upgrade the quality.

Almost all the white/green quality items looks way better than purple quality items... and that doesnt make any sense.

I am really dissapointed, I was really looking forward to craft that veteran cool looking armor that is showcased on the character creator.

I was looking for some info and found this: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/830623

It seems that there is a problem that the vet armor looks like low level armor.

I really hope they fix it because I was really looking for it.
    Options
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like they reversed the aesthetics progression. It's currently regresses from decent to uglier.. Zeni needs to reverse it. White should be the ugliest and most drab and legendary should look awesome.

Edit: Saw in another thread they are aware of the issue and it will be fixed in a patch. http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/830623
    Edited by Enkil on May 16, 2014 2:32AM
    Options