Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A Walk Above Clouds?

i.am.nein_ESO
I'm on the quest A Walk Above the Clouds, and I don't know how to unseal the door with the runes. It doesn't show any runes anywhere, and I go into my bag to talk to the guy but he doesn't really help at all. Any ideas how to do this?
Also, how do I get to the skyshard there?
skipping it for now...
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you approach the door you will see three triangles with pictures of animals on them. This is puzzle as used in Skyrim. You must click on these and rotate them with the correct combination to unlock the door. In this case I believe the correct order is as follows:
    Left: Whale
    Center: Snake
    Right: Eagle
    Try that and see if it works.
    Edited by Ulvich on May 14, 2014 9:40PM
    - Monster Slayer
    - Savior of Nirn
    - Adventurer Across a Decade
    - Hit Hard. Hit Fast. Hit Often
    - BETA Group: 85 b 9
  • i.am.nein_ESO
    There are these kind of totem/relic looking things on each side of the door. I dont know how I missed them though.
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. One on either side of the door. And if you stand against the door facing it and turn around you will see the center one. These are part of a puzzle as I mentioned above. As you look at the base of the "totems" you will see a small notch, or an arrow. Turn the totem until the image lines up with the notch.
    Edited by Ulvich on May 15, 2014 2:47AM
    - Monster Slayer
    - Savior of Nirn
    - Adventurer Across a Decade
    - Hit Hard. Hit Fast. Hit Often
    - BETA Group: 85 b 9
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot turn the pillars, it's like they are no activators, although I checked all the runes.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Flashygrrl
    Flashygrrl
    ✭✭✭
    Did you do the previous part of that quest with the offerings?
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol, I guess I'm dumb because I didnt see anything that made me think there was a clue. I talked to ghost that talked about the door but really was no help. I noticed the notch at the base of the 3 totem things but there was no indication apparent to me as to what place you needed to spin it to. I ended up just getting lucky and got it. Oh, and I do know that Ulvich gave the correct positions of the 3 post things but I wanted to try and figure it out on my own. I failed and as I said I got lucky was all. ^^
    “Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.”