Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Why is Forgotten Crypts not labelled a group dungeon?

cabbageub17_ESO
cabbageub17_ESO
✭✭✭
Mobs of six etc. The map shows torch not a torch plus
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The dungeon is not instanced to your group of four. Dozens of players can roam the dungeon simultaneously. It is a public dungeon and not a group dungeon, hence there is no plus sign.
    Edited by LonePirate on May 15, 2014 2:56PM
  • cabbageub17_ESO
    cabbageub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Weird to see groups of 6 in a basic group dungeon.
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love those dungeons. The one in Shadowfen if my fave.. Those hideous groups of about 6-8 are at long last quite a challenge to fight.
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Weird to see groups of 6 in a basic group dungeon.

There were packs of five (possibly six) wolves in Crow's Wood.

• Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    The dungeon is not instanced to your group of four. Dozens of players can roam the dozen simultaneously. It is a public dungeon and not a group dungeon, hence there is no plus sign.
    They were supposed to differentiate delves and public dungeons. They didnt.
  • cabbageub17_ESO
    cabbageub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah wasn't Crows Wood marked somehow? I can't remember.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its a single torch like delves. Think pd was supposed to get two.
  • Falmer
    Falmer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well its not technically a group dungeon. A group dungeon is a private instance for a group of 4 players total. No others are allowed in that instance.

Every zone has at least one 'public dungeon' which have similar spawn numbers but can be entered by numerous people at one time.
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solo Dungeon - Small Map, with a Skyshard and you kill the boss to get it complete. Any number of people can join.

Public Dungeon- Large Map with a skyshard, includes a couple of quests. Multiple boss spawns ranging from 1 dot to 3 dots. Groups of 4-6 mobs. Any number of people can join. (one per map)

Group Dungeon- Instanced Dungeon for a group of 4. Skill point for finishing it for the first time (torch +). One per Map.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »
    Its a single torch like delves. Think pd was supposed to get two.

I don't know if these types of dungeons were supposed to have two torches; but they should have some sort of unique map icon to differentiate them from regular dungeons. I would recommend using the /feedback option in the game to suggest this. I will be doing that when I log in later today.

• Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea it's pretty dumb they share the same icon.

They are VERY clearly different and very clearly intended for groups. (Read the achievements, each one has one called "Group Challenge".

Your best bet atm is to download the skyshards addon, if you don't mind spoilers that it gives, as it does clearly indicate which dungeon is which. (Tho imo in a wrong way, it calls them solo or public.)

Proper classifications:
    Public Dungeon (PD):
    Public. Designed to be soloable, but challenging. Includes a skyshard, 1 boss to get completion (exception: Cyrodil) and sometimes 1 quest, but never more then 1 quest.

Group Public Dungeon (Group PD for short):
    Public. Designed for a group of 4-6. Very difficult to solo most trash packs but doable, includes bosses not intended to be soloable at all (some can with very advanced tactics). Always includes 1 skyshard and at least 1 quest. Most include 2 quests. All of the quests present in (or directly at the entrance) the dungeon required for completion. Always includes a special group challenge that should award a skill point and achievmeent (some are bugged). Bosses may award slayer achievements, but not always. Can not self rez during some group challenges.

The above two have the same icon, single torch.

Group Dungeon:
    Instanced. Designed for 4 players and can never be entered by more then 4. Should be 100% impossible to solo at-level, if it's not, bug report it. Never includes a skyshard. Always has 1 quest that SHOULD work well for groups, but doesn't always. "Completion" (whiting out) requires only killing the 3 main bosses, not the quest. Quest always awards 1 skill point and a named blue item. Can not self rez during boss and mini boss battles.

Icon is a torch with a +

Trial:
    Instanced. Designed for 12 players can never be entered by more then 12. Should be 190% impossible to solo period, bug report if not. Likely does not include a skyshard (uncofirmed). Quest unknown, should not include one imo. Completion requires several bosses (probably). Can never self rez. Resurrections limited to 36 per attempt.
    Edited by Axer on May 16, 2014 6:01AM
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)