Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Respec or not... Templar class

Traisa
Traisa
✭✭✭
I currently have 68 skill points invested in something, and now I'm reviewing over my class skill choices and wondering if it would be worth it in the long run to respec for only 3 skills?

Changing:
Empowering Sweep to Crescent Sweep
Aurora Javelin to Binding Javelin
Radiant Aura to Repentance

Those are the only 3 skills that I wish to reconsider. I've respeced 4 times already and never seem to be happy with my decisions. I got rid of my whole Dawn's Wrath skills because it wasn't working for my playstyle, but now I'm even considering adding a couple back in, after reading some of the tactics that others have used.
  • Sarcen
    Sarcen
    If you are still leveling, and mostly solo I'd say, yes its worth it. Repentance is great for solo sustain, and Binding Javelin is pretty much required for cheesing a lot of bosses.

I've respecced a million times as well myself tho. I really feel like that we should be able to learn all morphs. Because morphs are really situational, repentance is great when farming, but Radiant Aura is much greater in groups, the same goes for several other skill morphs.
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Binding Javelin is my ONLY CC as a Templar so for me that was a MUST.

Repentance looks like a good support ability never really any lack of corpses.

Also I use Dark Flare a as an opener as it increases the damage of your following attack.

Purifying Light is a MUST for me as a healer. It stores up damage for 6 secs and then procs 30% damage taken to mob and then heals near by allies.

These are even useful for melee builds.
  • Traisa
    Traisa
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. I have done my respec and have those three morphs now.

I had Backlash and Dark Flare at one point. I never got Backlash up to morph though, but if I do put skills back into it, I'll be sure to take the Purifying Light morph. I had thought about taking the Power of the Light morph at the time because I would gain weapon power when attacking.

Any ideas on what I should morph Cleansing Ritual into? I thought Extended Ritual because it lasts longer, which means it can heal longer, but Purifying Ritual has reduced costs and removes additional effects.

Here are my current skills
    Edited by Traisa on May 14, 2014 6:21AM
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will have to agree that , Binding Javelin is a must.

Having a healing staff to keep the mana up and using , the javelin/unstable core/rushed ceremony (any morph) was a must to me.

I honestly dont think i could have gotten to vr5 without these skills to take out the strongest solo enemies.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor