Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Stibbons and the Jeweled Crown of Anton (spoiler)

Svann
Svann
✭✭✭
After playing through many quests involving Lady Laurent and Stibbons, Im thinking back and wondering what would be if I had given her the cursed crown instead? (this is the first quest you meet them, in glenumbra) It seems like Stibbons would have died, but then that would have crutched all those following LL&S quests.

For those that gave her the cursed crown - does Stibbons die and are the rest of the quests with her just her alone?
Edited by Svann on May 13, 2014 9:44PM
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what zone is this? because I know I had to choose something where he turned into something else

listed here:
    a monkey, and later on in another zone he is there again, dont think he ever dies
  • Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    Its in Glenumbra at the tomb of lost kings, and the quest is called the jeweled crown of Anton. Not the monkey quest.
  • dividingbyzero
    I just did this quest on an alt this morning with the cursed crown option. The end is set up to make it so that Stibbons is still there for the later quests.
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    Stibbons.... the greatest ladies man to exist in all the world.

Edit: Also known as "The Daedra Sex Machine"!

oconnell_whats_it_gonna_be.jpg
    Edited by Pyatra on May 14, 2014 5:36PM
  • anghara
    anghara
    ✭✭✭
    I chose the cursed crown option.
    If you choose the cursed crown, when you bring it to Lady Laurent, she makes Stibbons pick it up. He is killed and his soul bound to the tomb rather than hers. However, the ghost that you just freed finds he doesn't know how to be anything but a servant, and so he takes over Stibbons' body.