Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

5 armor of the same type passive

Sleepydan
Sleepydan
✭✭✭
There is a part of me that thinks I'm just bad and need to accept the limitations set before me, but a larger part feels like what I'm going to propose makes sense.

I think for all three armor types, the amount of armor required to turn on this passive should be reduced by one, down to 4.

It is still more than half of 7, so you cannot have more than one passive active at once. They are powerful enough a person should definitely only have one at a time.

It really just opens up the possibility for more hybridization. A 4/3 split will be better by the amount of the armor passive chosen and 4/3 makes more sense than 5/2 in regards to resource management.

I get the impression that being a hybrid could use some help and this seems like a simple way to encourage it.

Please share your thoughts.
  • Tadhg_Longhouse
    Tadhg_Longhouse
    ✭✭✭
    I think the point is you are supposed to be wearing an armor 'set.' I think it is intended that you focus on wearing a particular level of armor to get the bonus. Choosing between the set bonus and a hybrid build seems like a reasonable decision for players to make.

Do I want the extra 1% weapon damage from a 3rd piece of heavy armor? Or is the 10% attack speed more important to me? No need to make it easier to make a 'set' in my view.
    Edited by Tadhg_Longhouse on May 13, 2014 2:44PM
    Tadhg Longhouse
    Reachman Sorcerer
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • Sleepydan
    Sleepydan
    ✭✭✭
    I guess you have a point. It is even how it currently is implemented, clearly it's the point of the current design!

Over half feels like a "set" to me.

The genesis of this change came to me from someone else's thread complaining about nightblades.

The meat and potatoes was that to build around their stealth opener veiled blade, it was...complicated. It scales with and uses magicka, but also uses melee crit values (possibly armor pen?)

The more I thought about it, the more it seemed like being a hybrid wasn't being encouraged properly. Even something like a pure magicka sorcerer mage uses their stamina, and going 7/7 light shouldn't just be a gimme. Maybe getting some medium armor for stamina regen lets then dark exchange more, and winds up being worth it?

Idk about that specifically. I just think it would open some doors regarding build viability and it would close none.