Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

I want a PvP NB with stamina build but it feels weak

Elidas
Elidas
I started playing as a NB with 2/3 stamina and 1/3 health, but after playing 1 month I have the feeling that stamina is much worse than magicka. Bests skills use magicka and the increased damage for my weapon skills is so low that I feel bad trying to play something that is clearly weaker than other builds. I though that the thief and assasin skills would use stamina, but those skills do not exist even though they were announced. I keep hearing that vampires have the most powerful build, but I just don't want to be a vampipre (or a werewolf).

Is there any good PvP stamina build over there?
Should I put 100% in health like everyone?
  • ConciseRex
    ConciseRex
    ✭✭
    Weapon skills scale from stamina so maybe try putting more of them on your bar and use Magika ones for openers and executes :)
  • Elidas
    Elidas
    They scale from stamina, true, but right now I have 30 points in stamina, 0 in magicka and I do more damage with my class skills than with my weapon skills.
    If I had placed those points in magicka instead of stamina I would do even more damage and could spam more times those class skills.
    I love the weapon skills, but it feels like poor versions of other magicka based skills
  • ConciseRex
    ConciseRex
    ✭✭
    Yeah the while Melee class skills scaling with Magika wasn't very well thought through, I think bow has the best pvp stamina build due to sneak crits with snipe.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max your stamina, get + weapon damage jewelry, slot flawless dawnbreaker (+13% weapon damage) and equip a Hunding's Rage (+5% dmg on skills) + Night Mother (armor debuff on crits) set and you start see some good damage.

This is my bar:
    1 - flying blade
    2 - blood craze
    3 - blinding flurry/immovable
    4 - concealed weapon
    5 - dark cloak
    U - flawless dawnbreaker

The damage output is good.
    Survavibility? Uh not so much...
    Edited by Gisgo on May 13, 2014 11:59AM
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I tried stamina and I tired magicka and I tried balancing the two. What I learned is that NB is difficult to play at its best. NB is the step-child of the classes.
    I tried light armor, medium armor and heavy armor...it made little difference... two opponents fine...three... re-spawn. And yes, I am an average player... sorry, not all of us can be Emperor.
    Yes I know there are some really superb players that do great with the NB. I am not one of them.
    I also do not like to be a Vampire and most successful Nightblade builds are. At least all those I did watch on YT are.

My conclusion... the NB is at the moment not for me. It is for players with quick fingers, a keen eye and quick reflexes. ... and low latency...nearly forgot that. 260 - 360 latency do not help when playing a NB

My idea is having fun and not more stress and so I stay away from NB.

good luck all