The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

V5 Food Mats Are found at a Vender

mfischer303b14_ESO
You can buy the V5 mats from a vender in cold Harbor, Pinquis, emp grapes, Imperial ect from the general merchant in Cold Harbor. This is for the people who dont know this.

My issue is where is the the Vender for the other Rare mats Pepper, Salt, Oats and tomatos??? Guess what there isnt one!! There should be because the drop rate for these items is insane, especialllly since provisioning hireling chests have been nerfed.
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya but what are the prices of the Mats for VR5 there? I think i saw them a while back but they were so pricey that i didn't figure at the time that there were worth buying.
    Options
  • mfischer303b14_ESO
    63g each, not a horrible price, Not like we can make a living from provisioning anyhow. Mostly I Provision for guild use only, and even that has come to a stand still because of the pepper, oats ect stopped getting.
    Options
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pepper salt and such are found in furniture, and more often in baskets labeled as "Produce". I have yet to see a single tomato from those tho. Only my hireling has ever delivered me tomatoes, and only twice.
    Options
  • SinfulSoul
    SinfulSoul
    ✭✭✭
    Pepper and Salt are quite common. When I'm doing the whole farming of mats in Coldharbour I get them quite a lot.

Oats and Tomatoes only come from Hirelings. Several weeks ago a dev came out and said that those are suppose to be rare and only come from Hirelings, and if anyone ever found them anywhere else it'd be a bug and to report it.
    Options
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    63g each, not a horrible price, Not like we can make a living from provisioning anyhow. Mostly I Provision for guild use only, and even that has come to a stand still because of the pepper, oats ect stopped getting.

Thats not too bad since I only make stuff for my own personal use and I have provisioning at lvl 50. May have to go buy some of those I guess since i cant seem to find the mats inVR zones.

Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pepper salt and such are found in furniture.

what,
    you mean like down in the couch cussions and stuff? or in the foam stuffing area of lazyboy chairs?

Options
  • mfischer303b14_ESO
    but the problem I have is the fact that you can buy the items needed for purple V5 recipe such as conummate Bervaz wine, which uses emperor grapes but cant barely find the pepper, oats, ect, so how is it right that can buy the v5 purple items but not the level 35 purps
    Options
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sure there is at least one food vendor outside of coldharbour too, but i dont remember where :|
    Options
  • Andy22
    Andy22
    ✭✭✭
    so how is it right that can buy the v5 purple items but not the level 35 purps

U might want to recheck the recipes, blue food/drinks always needs 1 component that u cant buy and are randomly found. Purple food needs a extra rare component, that partially comes only from hirelings.

In a nutshell, u always need to farm for blue/purple food, which at the current prices and drop rates i only make food for myself. The same with potions, at current prices i make more money ae grind farm, than doing provisioning/alchemy.
    Edited by Andy22 on May 12, 2014 4:00PM
    Options
  • mfischer303b14_ESO
    when i first started crafting the v5 items I didnt know about the cold harbor vender, i had tons of the other items but no imperial, emperor items ect, until i found that store, I have no problem making v5 food at all now that i know where the vender is.
    Options
  • Andy22
    Andy22
    ✭✭✭
    Here is how provisioning system is setup.

Green: easy to get aka high "drop" rates or buy all materials from vendors

Blue: need to farm rare drop mats (salt, pepper, onions ...) that u cant buy at a vendor at all

Purple: same as Blue but u also need other extra rare drop mats and often also hireling only mats (tomato's)

If u think about it, this makes sense from a scarcity standpoint. If u could just buy all materials for the highly demanded blue/purple food, than the only scarcity would be the recipe drop, so u always end up with "food" inflation.

The only strange part is, that low level blue/purple food needs the same "rare" ingredients than V5 food and since V5 players have lots of more gold, they will pay a higher price even if the actual cost for blue V5 vs blue lvl25 food are the same.

So instead of trying to make actual blue food i could use/sell at lvl 1-50, i did hold on to those rare mats and created V1/V5 later, which u can sell at a 3-5 times higher price to Veteran players.

Same goes for alchemy btw.
    Edited by Andy22 on May 12, 2014 4:52PM
    Options
  • mfischer303b14_ESO
    <---- face palm I understand how provisioning works, The rare items for purple v5 recipes are being sold at a vender is my complaint
    Options
  • Andy22
    Andy22
    ✭✭✭
    <---- face palm I understand how provisioning works, The rare items for purple v5 recipes are being sold at a vender is my complaint

face palm over your face palm....

Than tell me where u can buy Salt/Red Wheat/Onions?
    The components the V5 vendor sells are the common ingredients, not the rare.

Check: elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Provisioning#.U3D8diiuF7c
    Edited by Andy22 on May 12, 2014 4:59PM
    Options
  • mfischer303b14_ESO
    salt/red wheat and onions isnt rare, i have stacks of those, pepper, tomatos, oats are. as far as imperial grapes found now where else but the vender, and its the only Item i did not have when i got there, I have tons of the mats for v5, no problem what so ever making 200 food and drinks v5 at all.
    Options
  • pilotfish
    pilotfish
    ✭✭✭
    Eyevea also has a vendor with VR5 provisioning materials.
    Options
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have lots of salt/pepper/onions as well , been saving them from day one or when ever I first started getting some, don't have any red wheat for some reason though.
    Options
  • Andy22
    Andy22
    ✭✭✭
    salt/red wheat and onions isnt rare, i have stacks of those, pepper, tomatos, oats are. as far as imperial grapes found now where else but the vender, and its the only Item i did not have when i got there, I have tons of the mats for v5, no problem what so ever making 200 food and drinks v5 at all.

So your argument something isn't "rare" is that u have
    i have stacks of those
    What?

Guess what i have stacks of Legendary Runes, so they must also be not rare?

My argument is that if u farm provisioning materials for a couple of hours, your so called "none rare" materials have around 1/20 of the drop rate of all the other materials. In my understanding of the world and the word "rare" in this context thats what makes it "rare".

We can however discuss on the rarity level (drop/acquire rate) each ingredient has and weather thats balanced or not.

Here is also a nice breakdown:tamrieljournal.com/eso-provisioning-ingredients/

PS: Maybe i can buy 100 of your "none rare" materials than?
    Edited by Andy22 on May 12, 2014 5:56PM
    Options
  • SBR_QuorTek
    SBR_QuorTek
    ✭✭✭
    salt, red-wheat, onions and more drop often enough to not being that rare.. well you might have to open a few more boxes of this and that... but that is it.

Anyhow have the location of the vr5 vendor btw?... ill look him up either possible spot... and we will see what happens.
    Options
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well my hireling hasent provided tomatoes in 1 week. They should be found in boxes too at least in dungeons or other places because waiting for pure luck of a hireling is not the way
    Options
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen food mats vendor in vr7 Grahtwood (khajit village in the north-west of the map).
    Options