Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Health Healed vs Mana Cost

• jesterstear
    jesterstear
    ✭✭✭
    healing throughput and longevity.

But judging by the OP they are not building to be a healer main, so the low return on investment, so to speak, is not surprising.
    If you want to heal well, build as a healer. If you want to dps, build dps. And so on.

With respect I don't think you've read all the posts. I never said I should have as good a healing ratio as a dedicated healer - of course not that would be absurd.

My point is that if you can only get 1:1, why even take the skill? Wouldn't DPS be a better use of your Magicka points? Why be a Templar at all and not a FTM DragonKnight?

Somewhere between 1.5 to 1 and 2 to one would be fine. Or boost the heavy armour incoming healing passive, which atm is far too small to be worthwhile.

I suppose there is some survivability bonus in having this skill even trading 1 for 1, because the softcap on magicka regen is twice that for health regen, and I am at or near softcap on all three regens.
    Options
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why heal? Because if you're dead, your DPS is zero.

If you think your build would do better without a healing skill then don't use it. That could be the case if your build has minimal investment in stuff that boost healing (max magicka, magicka regen, magicka cost reduction, spellpower, healing power, spell crit, etc.).

But if that is the case then yeah, you probably would be better off rolling a DK (or just change your build). Templar survivability leans a lot on Rushed Ceremony regardless of your build, I think; as we don't really have many other options.
    Edited by ThatHappyCat on May 15, 2014 10:06AM
    Options
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mephos wrote: »
    don´t know how you skilled your templar.

standing in a rune circle or healing circle increases healing by another 30%
    standing in a morphed rune circle increases healing by another 15%

I just have a healing set (10% more healing at 3 parts)

slhkccly.jpg

672 without crit (and no bonus)
    992 without crit (and rune circle bonus) +45% bonus to healing
    1492 crit heal (with +45% bonus to healing)

currently around 2k magicka with 109 magicka regeneration.
    burst HPS around 750 / second
    constant HPS around 150-250 (if I use potions its at 250, without its around 150)

with restro staff I could even increase the HPS by almost factor 2 for myself with almost no additional magicka costs.

I still do around 350-450 melee dps as temp ;) (single target)

Backlash is all you need for DPS lol

Heals within circle only buff Templar heals, not Resto staff unfortunately

This is a little off-topic, but;
    Backlash is nice yes, when it works. unfortunately that isn't very often it seems.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
    Options
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mephos wrote: »

standing in a rune circle or healing circle increases healing by another 30%
    standing in a morphed rune circle increases healing by another 15%
    So, the healing is 30% more if we (the healer) are standing in the rune/healing circle, or only if they (the ones getting healed) are? From the in-game description of Focused Healing it states fairly clearly that it's the latter. But people on forums and the like often say otherwise. Anyone know for certain?
    If you can be anything, be kind.
    Options