Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What Mages Guild do I use to access the Shivering Isles?

Theodjinn
Theodjinn
I'm with the Ebonheart Pact.......
  • MegaGame
    MegaGame
    any of them? is there not a portal in all of them?
  • Theodjinn
    Theodjinn
    Is there? I couldn't find it......
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each guild quest takes you to a small part of the Isles, as far as I know it's not a zone you can go to outside of the quest chain. Maybe I've not gone far enough, the last quest I did was to get the final Tome off Sheogorath.
    Edited by KerinKor on May 12, 2014 9:10AM
  • Theodjinn
    Theodjinn
    The quest giver is Arch-Mage Shalidor. Which Mages Guild is he in? Or, is he in them all?
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's in all of the guild's quests, just follow them as you level, he's in them all. And as I say, as far as I know you can't freely explore SI, it's simply the setting for the guild quests involving Sheogorath.
  • Theodjinn
    Theodjinn
    Yeah, that's the thing. It's for a Q but it's not showing up on my map. It just says go to the Mages Guild but I've tried a couple of them and I can't see any portal. The Q I'm on is Chateau of the Ravenous Rodent.
    Edited by Theodjinn on May 12, 2014 10:22AM
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did that one yesterday, I'm pretty sure I got it in the Malarbol (sp?) Tor (AD) guild, I'd assume it's in the same relative zone for the other factions: it's level 33 IIRC.
    Edited by KerinKor on May 12, 2014 10:30AM
  • Theodjinn
    Theodjinn
    I'm Ebonheart Pact so it's not that one.
  • Nasuradin_ESO
    Nasuradin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ebonheart Pact equivalent to Malabal Tor should be Eastmarch, so Windhelm mage guild?
  • Theodjinn
    Theodjinn
    :) Ok thanks, I'll give it a try.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may also be in a different Mages Guild, because as I recall, the AD version of that quest sent you to a Mages Guild that was in one of the last areas of Malabal Tor you get to explore.

Have you tried actually clicking on the quest on your map's quest list? That should show you exactly where you're supposed to go.
    Edited by nerevarine1138 on May 12, 2014 1:08PM
    ----
    Murray?
  • Theodjinn
    Theodjinn
    Yep I have and when I select 'show on map' it takes me to the actual inside of the dungeon but not where the entrance is!
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    Ravenous Rodent is the mages guild in Windhelm for EP, if you set it as your active quest it will be the white quest icon on your map and HUD...plus it should also say in the journal of the quest information, which is before hitting M to show on map
    Edited by Trouvo on May 12, 2014 1:58PM
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't EP quest end up back in Mournhold Mages Guild?
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    BrassRazoo wrote: »
    Didn't EP quest end up back in Mournhold Mages Guild?
    For the main story quest yes, thats how you get to Cold Harbor, but that isnt part of the Mages Guild quest line (the going back to it later part)

• Theodjinn
    Theodjinn
    Thanks Trouvo but I haven't got to level 32 without realising how to use the map and the journal! ;-) For some reason it isn't showing up on my map when I make it the selected Q.

I'll try Windhelm tonight. That looks like the most likely suspect!

Thanks for all the help though, guys.
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    Theodjinn wrote: »
    Thanks Trouvo but I haven't got to level 32 without realising how to use the map and the journal! ;-) For some reason it isn't showing up on my map when I make it the selected Q.

I'll try Windhelm tonight. That looks like the most likely suspect!

Thanks for all the help though, guys.

Its the internet, I have learned never to assume anything, as it does take all kinds ;)
  • Theodjinn
    Theodjinn
    Trouvo wrote: »
    Its the internet, I have learned never to assume anything, as it does take all kinds ;)

Very true mate!

Just to let you guys know, it was the Mages Guild in Windhelm.

Thanks again for the help and happy adventuring!